Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Jeede Kholsta the Whispering Blade of Darkness, Voice of the Scarab
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=129212
129212, (AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Jeede Kholsta the Whispering Blade of Darkness, Voice of the Scarab
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Sep 22 17:06:05 2016

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Jeede perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:660
129243, RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Jeede Kholsta the Whispering Blade of Darkness, Voice of the Scarab
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am really really wanted to figure out a way to talk with you as kolo. With how he grew up though there was no way I could chat beyond "you die" and other such nonsense
129242, RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Jeede Kholsta the Whispering Blade of Darkness, Voice of the Scarab
Posted by Ebrithyl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really liked Jeede. Your RP was great, and every kill was an opprotunity for you to keep it going. Good luck with your next, and thanks for the post mortum RP op.
129239, Age Death
Posted by tanoomi71 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this character a lot regardless if the interaction was with the Cardinal, Harbinger, High Priestess or member of the Temple. But I think the best interaction we had was as the Glacier Rogue.
129235, Goodbyes
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, I've been trying to compose my thoughts since yesterday. I logged in and was able to check one note before age death smacked me in the face. Jeede was rolled a LONG time ago specifically to have fun with one of the greatest Immortals in the CF pantheon, and boy did I ever. There were ups and downs to this dude, from getting my hands on Tiamat's pendant in the mid 30s to having a no roleplay griefing thief steal what I think is one of the keys to getting a super questy thing that I have been chasing for a year. That thief deleted within a week and I thought I would be able to recover that item but alas, age death. I was there for Kwoalewei destroying the chasm, and the opening of the shadow realm, and I must say that was one of the few real highlights of any of my characters over the past 20 years.

I do apologize for the fluctuation in my ability to play a decent amount of hours (I have always tried to log at least two hours every other day since I started playing CF). Jeede lasted longer than two of my laptops, one of them had the internal power jack fry and the other one my 4 year old decided to powerbomb (don't leave your laptops on the ground around toddlers). I have also had more training/courses that I have had to attend this year in a long time (CISSP woot woot, SANS, and a trip to Puerto Rico to highlight them all!). So for all those players that I disappointed by not being around enough, I apologize again.

Goodbyes

Scarab Cabal

Scarabaeus : I can never say enough good things about you, but one that has to be repeated yet again is your ability to judge each character independently of player. I have had characters absolutely flop in their attempts to gain your favor and others succeed, and I appreciate you for that because it makes the player work harder every single time. Sorry that I couldn't get past the gates in the secret place to get the secret thing to bring back to you... that is my great regret and I spent hours upon hours between attempts and speculation and speaking to people and vetting non cabal healers and bards to bring them there to help me. And in the end, I just couldn't figure out how to get past the gate, alas. Keep on doing what your doing, I can't wait to see where the tailed star takes us this time... and I am thinking about holding back a little while to see what to roll next for when the dust settles, but I'm not sure it will settle anytime soon. I hope you took not of the way I spoke about you and preached about you, using capital letters to begin any word that referenced you and invoking almost a roman catholic form of praise whenever I told anyone about you (hope I didn't take it too far, hah)

Kwoalewei : Thanks for everything you showed me, our knife edge relationship began in a really neat manner where you popped out of duo or appeared in front of me via some questy skill/spell means. There was a lot we accomplished, and I was able to get further than you did, but not to the end. I have passed it on to the next generation of Scarabs.

Cordoze : You competent and blood thirsty and a tad wreck-less, we could have accomplished great things but you disappeared too soon.

Yuno : You disappeared too soon as well, and with such a power ceiling with those forms. One of the only non Scarabaeus followers that I let in the Temple, you should be proud of that.

Aurescmont : I didn't trust you, and almost booted you a time or two, but you stayed true to your RP and I enjoyed the intrigue so I just started being more careful around you.

Tsalantha : Wow, too much to say about you. We did a lot, we could have done more if we had just had a competent support character. When you were around I felt like just the two of us owned CF, we could wreck shop.

I'm missing so many more, but going to try to keep this from turning into a novel.

Jormyr : Either you didn't come back around, or you reneged on your promise! It is awesome when you guys do things like that, it definitely feels like the gods are pulling strings trying to gain ground by gaining the favor of mortals.

Ignolmeer : Thank you for popping in a smiting me and then killing me! It was a little frustrating only cause I couldn't really fight back, but I really did find that interaction fun! That type of thing needs to happen more often, and I appreciate your cognizance to not do that while I was actually fighting someone. I hope it wasn't too obvious that I was gunning for a specific scarab only edge by doing what I did in every Imm of religions that are antithesis to Scarab dogma. Thanks for that fun.

Empire : I interacted with so many imperials over the years. One thing that I tried to do was have a cordial relationship with each current Emperor while trying to pry them away from that Empire. All the rest of the imperials were prey, but I wanted just one Emperor (and almost got the lich!) to anathema themselves and embrace Scarab dogma, cut the head off of the snake and all that. Thanks for all the fun, it was a constant dance of possible enemies possible allies depending on who else was around.

Maran : So many enemies came and went. There were a few that I tried to manipulate into turning away from the 'light'. The foundation of Jeede was based on exactly that and I hope at least a few of you guys picked up on it.

Spire : Not so much of a powerhouse over the life of Jeede, there were a few fun tribunals for sure, but they never really came to the Temple.

Outlander : I love me some outlander, the intrigue within the cabal is genuine as it has good, neutral and evil all huddled under that one big old tree. Good and bad, like all things, there was a brief period of time where a group of players seemed to all roll up outlanders together to take out the lich and the last great AP. But there were tons of bright spots and players as well.

Nexun : Didn't interact with too many of you, and honestly I don't think this cabal really has any place in CF anymore (or ever).

Battle : Oh battle, occasionally I would test myself against some of the more vicious berzerkers, and of course I would chase down elves and dwarves. But for the most part, I tried to be cordial with battle as the brutal bloodthirsty want to murder people touched a soft spot in Jeedes cold heart. Battle and scarab can almost synergize and I tried to play it that way and make it rather obvious. My PK numbers would probably be a lot higher if I had bothered picking off all the ragers I came across.

Herald : There were four or five of you that I tried to recruit for trips to a super secret special place! And it never once happened, somehow. Oh well, it would have been easier if I wasn't booted from the Inn for a single fight with a defense maran shifter. Maybe take a look at the code and change it to not reflect the number of attacks on one person during one fight. A cool down timer or something so that a single fight can happen, with multiple engagements by either party, and that won't count against your total number of fights started in the inn? So if you start a fight later down the road against someone else, that adds to the number, but them fleeing during that one single fight and you following them into a different room and tripping them doesn't add to it.

Well, that did turn into a rambling goodbye, sorry for not naming everyone individually but there were so many people as this was such a long lived character.

I hope everyone enjoyed Jeede, and those that didn't had a chance to bash him down. I'm going to eventually roll another character, but hell if I know what it is right now. It feels like Jeede will be hard to top.

See you in the fields

Chris
129245, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Kwoalewei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Congratz on a well played and long lived character. I felt like for a while there we took things to a whole nother level. I can only imagine what all you were able to accomplish post-Kwoalewei, as that feels like forever ago.

And here I'm left drifting in the same boat-- how does one design another build that could top that experience?
129232, Well that took a lot of time
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Consistently encountered you across Gromm, Zqoemoa and Kaer. I think we've only been on friendly terms as late Zqoemoa, and were enemies in all other cases, however it was always triggered by my actions.

Loved having you as enemy, made the playtimes much more intense. That one time when you missed assassinate on Kaer in docks, I was spooked almost to death :)

Anyway, a great character, even if with very low playing hours, with you goes the epoch :)
129225, RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Jeede Kholsta the Whispering Blade of Darkness, Voice of the Scarab
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You play some all time great characters, and the times when we've been in the same cabal have been great.

Not quite like the days of Optomkiptum (I think you played him?) and baendra, where we both had lots of time to play, but on the rare occasions when tsal and jeede met I loved your rp. The only downside was that it made me realise how my own, whilst relatively consistent, was not even close to being on your level. I think you just have more creative flair.

Obviously you were pretty scary in pk too. Dont think we ever fought alongside each other? Or was there a retrieval at the tree that went horribly wrong where you died?

Also thanks for showing me what you did. I couldn't do much with the knowledge as ap's suck at exploring.
129222, Truly fantastic character and likely the best scarab of all time
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You lived so long, inspired so much terror, and really consistently stuck to your role. I hope you and Tsalantha find your way into some form of scarab hall of fame, maybe a renaming of revenants? *pokes scarabaeus*
129220, I still can't believe you assassinated me in 5 minutes :)
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done man. That was not a good way to start a login. Heh.
129218, I thought you were undead or something
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but apparently, just very low hours-per-week.
129217, Great assassin. Terrible cabal leader. n/t
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
129214, RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Jeede Kholsta the Whispering Blade of Darkness, Voice of the Scarab
Posted by Karnila on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man... I loved your character.

Your RP was always on point and you were deadly as hell. I really enjoyed your interviews and you always kept me on my toes as far as staying on top of Scarab RP and stepping up my game.

Seriously well played. I've been playing for 15+ years and this character really stands out among the top.

Well done, sir.
129252, RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Jeede Kholsta the Whispering Blade of Darkness, Voice of the Scarab
Posted by Ailianiakk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very classy.
129213, Six more hours would have been funny.
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did not get to interact with you too much, but from what I saw I say good show. GLWYN