Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Sirelas Strongfist the Fisticuffs Aficionado, Marshall of the Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=129209
129209, (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Sirelas Strongfist the Fisticuffs Aficionado, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Sep 22 16:41:04 2016

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Sirelas perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:361
129253, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Sirelas Strongfist the Fisticuffs Aficionado, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Ailianianiakk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am very sad you didn't mention me but whatever you gave us
Inspiration how
Dare you die!!! You couldn't even count! Yet!
129266, Of all the people to forget
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dang, You were lots of fun. Thanks for all the fights and keeping us going. Hope you keep on shining. You were a great presence. Maybe someone will re-write the orphanage after your fund is done.
129267, If nobody rewrote the orphanage after the 1st fund was taken...
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sure nobody is going to rewrite the orphanage after the 63rd time this concept has been played out. Its got to be the most over used goody themed gold hoarding excuse right next to 'save the lyceum' fund.
129228, Goodbyes
Wow. so this is my first ever CON death. So many great interactions. So many great people. I was in the middle of something I forget what, when Aarn came back. I wanted to wait out the initial surge of Aarn empowerments, so I gave it a little time. Finally I had a role for Sirelas. The Dwelf was born.

IMMS
Aarn - By golly, I cried for days when I realized you were actually gone again. I have a few imms who have left really strong memories. This will be among the tops. If you read this, I hope you understand that. It was just fricken awesome.

Fortress -

Xisaer - Great leader, great asset to the fortress. I really felt like there wasnt anything we couldn't do together. It was great to have you. Keep it up and take care of my Squires, yah?

Balgrum - Said most of what I wanted in your death thread, but you were fun to RP with for sure.

Arrashaw - Good golly, how long are you going to live... Great RP, though I do wish there were ways we could have included you more than your snares. Great Char

Ebrithyl - Man I feel for you. Rolling that build pre-nerf and the bammo. Ouch. But you are getting the hang of things. Explore more around the enemy cabals. Changes have made it much easier to get to places like the Imperial Lands. Go get Defiance again and start wreckin folks.

Aiwin - Keep it up man, I think you're starting to figure it out.

Dakilebso - I'll put you here, hoping that my words helped you get inducted. You know your stuff, you have probably one of the two viable Shield Ded builds going. Keep it up man. Only thing I'd say is flesh out your RP a little more and you'll be in the perfect spot.

Empire:
Muuksube - People should take lessons from you on how to do IC banter right. You were fun to interact with. I hate Malice, that is all.

New Warmaster - You seem to be coming into the build well now. I wish we had more fights when I cared more, so it could have been a little more challenging for you. Axe specs suck for Monks, that is all

Scarab:
Jeede - Thanks for that last bit of RP. Made my day, and made the CON death worth it.

Malchazaar - GOod god you are a beast. I hate Axes. I ahould have taken more time to RP with you I think.

Trib:
Congee - You were great to RP with. Fun fun fun. Thanks for the talks

Quindessa - Ummm Yeah, I don't think I can say anything nice, so I'll just say have fun.

I know I'm missing a ton of folks. But I don't have a lot of time this morning. Post and I will try to reply.
129231, We've had some great battles
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One of my consistent enemies as Kaer. Too bad wrath wasn't nerfed when we fought a lot, so it gave me a reason to run away often.

Oh and you shouldn't use those gauntlets, because their proc is a flee trigger 95% of times. Makes people stay much less, and forcing people to stay till death is the main challenge for monks.
129234, Good stuff, enjoyed having you around.
Posted by Arr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't realize you were already that close to a con death, figured I'd croak before you. Anyways, great Marshall, and man, monks sure can pump out some damage! All the best for your next.
129244, You'll be missed
Posted by Aiwin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A constant presence during my time in the Fortress. You'll be missed.

Will I figure it out? Who knows. But I'll have fun trying.
129261, Fookin 'ell!
Posted by Muuksube Coldcrown on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lots of good fights.

My favorites being the one where you dropped dead in front of me to rot/malice while I retrieved the codex, and the last one, where you went out like a boss in a 3 on 3 fight.

The only time you got me was before everyone figured out Dak's game and I was bashed down by him with you, with divine intervention (that prayer SUCKED btw, more than malice) with guards, while manacled. Good times.

I'm glad you liked my borderline homophobic excessively offensive taunts. :)

GLYWN
129263, Homophobic can't be borderline NT
NT
129264, You are right. In CF, bigotry, racism, and intolerance are encouraged traits.
...and certainly are varied in their degree of severity.

I do see your point. From a bigotry/racism point of view, there is no difference between "I don't like drow" and "kill all the drow" even if the end result is different.

129269, You've just accused all drows of being gay
Bad move for an Emperor :)
129270, lol
Should totally be elves instead. :P Pansy ass flower sniffing buggering bastards they are!
129215, Epic!
Posted by Balgrum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, just got to say it. You were awesome. One of my favorite characters to have interacted with to date. I had such a great time as Balgrum roleplaying a dwarf, and you really killed it as the honorary dwarven elf. You were a solid presence, totally deadly, and really helpful. Your presence in the Fort will definitely be missed. Glad I got to interact with you over a few characters, stoked you did what I couldn't and pulled off con-loss. It just got to a point for me where I couldn't keep going anymore. Stellar on every level, and can't wait to see your next. Kudos.

129211, This was probably your best char yet
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The *only* thing that you need to work on (and this is a lot of our players) is not being so sour about losing gear if you die. Another kudos for sticking it out after your imm went awol. Glad you enjoyed the title and the virtues, you deserved them for sure.
129224, I agree, it was his best paladin. And also he seems to be improving all the time.
Posted by Shapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was in the group members on which took his necklaces of prayer beads and he didn't say a single bad word about it.

But what he really needs to work on is preping. Even though elf monks are very offensive, they really lack defense. Need to prep a lot as them.
129226, RE: I agree, it was his best paladin. And also he seems to be improving all the time.
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really? Are you thinking of group fights? As tsal I struggled to pose a threat to elven monks as not much melee landed and I couldn't often land skills or targeted spells either. Best I could hope for was to get them covered in wounds, then land a sleep and hope their Sanc dropped, and even that they often walked away from.
129230, RE: I agree, it was his best paladin. And also he seems to be improving all the time.
Thanks! I play paladins because I HATE prepping. I'm sure I could be way more proficient if I prepped, but man, I hate that grind. SOmeday, I'll reach out to you and get your super magic secrets for prepping.
129227, RE: This was probably your best char yet
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The best thing about monks, imho, is that the build really supports a player in behaving like a paladin. Ie if you walk into danger to save someone, you'll probably not die and suffer a looting etc. So you rarely see a monk shirk his ideals. all my favorite paladins of late have been the monks (but damn them anyway!).
129229, Thanks
Great praise. Definitly had a lot of fun. And at the end I had at least one Meltdown over a piece of gear, but overall, I think I did better than I have in the past. I at more full loots on this character thank I think any four of my previous. That combined with the folks who would loot things to just be douches(Prayerbeads, the Gauntlets etc...) I was pretty cool I think. But yes, it is still something I can and will work on. Thanks for all the fish. It was fun!