Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Kaer Wildfire the Usher of Fiery Ruin, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=128714
128714, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Kaer Wildfire the Usher of Fiery Ruin, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 1 17:05:11 2016

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Kaer perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:410
128780, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Kaer Wildfire the Usher of Fiery Ruin, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Malchazzar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I miss you already. You gave me some scares, especially that last time on the forest road. GLWYN.
128787, Haha, yeah!
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't believe how incredibly lucky you were. I tried to nail you down since early 40s, and you always eluded me. I think 50% of low-hit flurries I've had in PK - were yours. God I hated it so much.

And when you were prepped, you've just torn me to pieces. Great fights, and that one time when you've saved Tjajeh by pincering me under the Tree - perfect thinking and timing.

I think you were the only one whom I fought so much and did not manage to kill. Good luck out there.

P.S. I didn't get that thing with Scarab-Tribunal squad though, seemed interesting, but I had no IC means to find out. I'd love to hear it when you're gone.
128778, Damn!
Posted by Ardish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kaer:

I had so much fun with you. The best thing I can ever say is I got excited when you were on or you logged on.

GLYWN.

Ardish
128786, Hey loved our team as well
At first I thought you were a boring sentinel, but gradually you've had more of a Lylith vibe around you. Teamraiding the hell out of Thar-Eris with you was refreshing, oh and my favorite Redhorn camping as well.

I think the three of us with Pak were like the most agressive dudes around. Great fights!
128744, A fan of Kaer
Posted by Garagrath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really enjoyed having Kaer as an opponent. You were always looking for a fight and not once did you back up from one even if the odds were against you. I think we both got each other a couple of times. Good burning!
128746, Classy!
Yeah, loved our rumbles a lot, sure taught me not to do many stupid things, both when watching your actions which led to your corpse, and analyzing my actions which led to mine :) It was also funny that we were like twins (both evil though) mechanicwise.
128732, Outrageously awesome stuff
So well, yeah. The age of bloodthirst and fire has finally come to an end. That was me, and I've had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone involved, and sorry for pking you, if I ever did :)

I've rolled Kaer being inspired with Liantae and Pon, who were always pressing down the civilization, running around wildly, igniting cities and killing stuff all day long. I was so envious as Gromm, so in terms of character idea, Kaer is definitely an epigone. RP-wize I loved Pon a lot, so I leaned towards a giant over dexy build, also the general talk is that giants suck, so I decided to give it a go (I know I've failed funnyone polearm challenge, but I can't fail everything I start, right?).

The build idea was standard bash+flurry, with entwine to keep people with bashprotection from fleeing. Reaver for extra damage and mobility and kill'em all RP angle.

The role idea was pretty obvious afterwards, if you go reaver, and a fire giant, then you have to burn things. Kiadana mountain is near Refuge, so the origin was pretty obvious as well. Now I needed some reason to join reavers and kill things and there we go fire-obsessed maniac (I'm always amazed with how many psychotic roles are played, so much it seems that you absolutely should be a psycho or at least have a long-standing trauma in order to be a hero). The Kiadana scum thing was necessary so that I had a reason to kill fire giants, so there we go expulsion. The latter become troublesome later, as I had to address it with applicants, because you can't just talk to applicants if they are of the race you are actively trying to annihilate rolewize.

From the start I was aiming to kill as many people as I could so that I could learn warrior ropes, hence levelsitting and extensive skill practicing. Overall giant warrior is beastly on low- and midlevels when played right, I didn't expect to down so many people. Up on hero, the ratio decreased significantly, the main reason being people prepping more often, and my prep knowledge is not fantastic, so I often fought unprepped against prepped guys, which often resulted in regearing :)

At the same time I didn't notice dexy warriors to overwhelm me. If they were not prepped with damreduction, I just ripped through them with direct damage, if they were prepped that went both ways. The trick was not to rely on passive damage, however I'm sure Cry helped me a lot, and I've often used it for the sake of getting that haste buff to increase passive damage output. I guess giant warriors w/o cry are more handicapped.

I'll write more on people later, but I want to thank imms a lot for fun echoes (I laughed so hard at description echo, and several others also hit the bulls eye). Special thanks to Destuvius, pyromaniac edge fit like a glove both on RP angle and the build itself. I do consider it as a gamechanger for me, so my PK numbers may definitely be attributed as those of a rewarded character.

Thanks to Strienat for giving me a shot at Nightreaver, the mechanics are awesome, too bad there were not many applicants, and anyway I have rejected only one of those. Somehow I feel I was right with the choice.

Jormyr interaction was fun as well, I understand what you were going after, and I'd certainly be your man if not for 2 factors that were out of my control since I've set up the role: Kaer by his role was Ancients' guy, owing them his life, so actively following a non-outlander god was plainly wrong from the character concept, and second - Kaer was a fire psycho, para-elements were fine as long as they were fire para-elements, that special room had helped a lot, but anyway it didn't go any further. Well anyway in the end you had your revenge - and it was all around fun participating. Good stuff :)

Judging by my PBF, Whyisdan is still active, too bad I didn't stash a keg of firebreather with me :)

To sum things up, Kaer was in many ways a turning point for me as a player, and it's awesome. I'll sure be reflecting a little bit more on that, so see you all in the fields. You may be sure I'll continue rolling bloodthirsty bastards :)
128735, RE: Outrageously awesome stuff
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't have much to do with Kaer but I didn't think you, as a player, were capable of playing such a talked about and feared character. Well done and definitely a turning point.
128760, Thanks :)
:)
128748, One Thing: Giant sword is only Giant build with passive damage.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not only that, it's much less than dexy-sword builds.

That being said Giant Sword at 10-35 is a sustained ass-beater, always has been, always will be.
128758, Swords do make a difference in hero range
Midlevels, I think all weapons are pretty much the same. I'd argue hth would be considerably less deadly though because it's harder to switch damtypes.
128724, Thumbs Up.
Posted by Rokhwar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good Job with NR. I liked everything you did right up until the end with your deathwish. I could tell you were trying to CON die that day, and so I figured you would opt for combat over accepting my offer. Good job, and good luck with your next.

I picked up your PBF
128736, Thanks :)
Rokhwar was cool. Sorry I didn't dig further on that bones feature of yours, it surely seemed interesting. We definitely kicked some bums, and some fun group fights with scarabs/empire. Unfortunately it was not "summon+bash from under camouflage" ganking I hoped it would be :(

The final showdown was fun, but shame on you for prepping, it would've been more intense otherwise :)
128742, RE: Thanks :)
Posted by Rokhwar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't use any preps. Just class sups. Good fight though.
128743, Haha, that was me not prepping then
Shame on me :)
128782, RE: Thanks :)
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shaman is the #### for not prepping