Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Molchornach Goldborne the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=128669
128669, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Molchornach Goldborne the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jul 27 21:37:00 2016

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Molchornach perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:105
128673, Moderate success
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hadn't ever had a minotaur past level 20 or so - the Seantryn for a hometown deal really blows, to me. Eating a death and then having to trudge so far back to my corpse (typically) is what made me delete my last mino, many years ago.

So, I had this build in mind and decided to go Trib with it so I coul d have a better hometown.

Worked pretty well. Built was gates/landslide pole/mace. With the stone polearm, worked quite well against druids, which was mainly what I fought.

Did not work very well against assassins, which was the second thing I mostly fought (and died against, thanks Jeede).

I almost went a different route because there was another mino with the exact same specs/plan that I leveled up with a lot, but I remembered back to Hunsobo - there was another fire/sword as I was leveling up with him, and he flamed out really fast, got anathed, and deleted a week or so later. So I stuck with it, and sure enough the other mino deleted within a week or so. *shrug*

As for goodbyes, I honestly didn't interact with many people on any sort of serious level. Ardish and Myajabal were usually game to throw down, but typically only somewhere from which they could escape easily (via forest haven) once they experienced being cut off a couple times. I don't blame them.

Seemed like I mostly only fought people in or around the Outlander cabal. A few times I was bored and just wanted to fight and overextended myself.

Mostly fun, but toward the end I was spending less and less time logged in and felt bad hogging a mino slot, so I deleted.
128674, Nice job.
Posted by Quintalius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this one. Thanks for the induct. I thought your interview questions/scenarios were fun and unique to what I was expecting.

I had plans for us had the becoming worked out. Maybe next time.
128684, Thanks
>I liked this one. Thanks for the induct. I thought your
>interview questions/scenarios were fun and unique to what I
>was expecting.
>
>I had plans for us had the becoming worked out. Maybe next
>time.

Funny thing about those scenarios is when I first started asking applicants about them, I had a definitive "right/wrong" answer in my head. But then various applicants (you included) made me rethink a few things and see how it could be looked at from different perspectives.
128675, Kinda bummed I've barely been playing and I missed this guy.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Usually a huge fan of your tribs.

Did minotaur language ruin your ability to use terrible puns and hilarious sexual innuendo? That would be a net loss for CF if so :(
128685, RE: Kinda bummed I've barely been playing and I missed this guy.
>Usually a huge fan of your tribs.
>
>Did minotaur language ruin your ability to use terrible puns
>and hilarious sexual innuendo? That would be a net loss for
>CF if so :(

It really did. And honestly I tried to speak as little as possible, and when I did speak I had a hard time deciding if Molchornach referred to himself in the third person (dumbgiantspeech) or not.

So I wrote a role entry about how Molchornach generally tried really hard to be understood, and to that end was always experimenting with different speech options, to see which seemed to be best understood.

Probably the most funny thing I did that I remember (and was probably only funny to me) was when I logged in to delete:

Log in, see the anti-hoard code go off (expected), then Annkhu starts filling me in on the status of the Fetish (taken by Orc, who dropped it to escape Imperials, who took it to the Palace - or something). It was a few-sentence explanation anyways.

I responded with: "Is good story." delete/delete.

Ok well it was funny to me, anyway.
128678, RE: Moderate success
Posted by Gwildaththea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had no idea it was The Twist. I think gave you a try, ran into landslide pole drive and gtfo to never look back. Basically unwinnable for a druid unless you overextend. Glwyn!
128686, Yeah
>Had no idea it was The Twist. I think gave you a try, ran
>into landslide pole drive and gtfo to never look back.
>Basically unwinnable for a druid unless you overextend.
>Glwyn!

That's pretty much how it went - you tried a few times in a skirmish or two but unless you were hitting me with particularly hard sunrays, you just couldn't dish out enough damage through gates/stone skin. I really didn't blame any of the druids for avoiding fighting me directly, tough matchup like you said.
128682, Good to see that you are still with us n/t
Posted by beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
128747, Unable to play during your times.
Posted by Ankhuuu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I thought you could be a force together but never had ability to show up during your times. Mine are at sparse times due to work. I can log a lot for a little bit then here and there for a bit.

Too bad I don't have many stories to remember this minotaur with.
128749, RE: Moderate success
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Molchornach because he was competent and consistent, though I admit I avoided watching you a lot of the time because I simply find minospeech infuriating and I damn to Hell the coder who didn't think to present it to immortals (over cb, etc.) without bovination.

I wish you'd been around more, though, and it sort of felt like your heart wasn't 100% in this one. I do hope you roll something else again soon. Or come spearhead that project we talked about that time.