Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Zqoemoa Dark the Pursuant of the Rebellious, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=128509
128509, (AUTO) [None] Zqoemoa Dark the Pursuant of the Rebellious, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't mean him to auto, but well here we are.

This character was a lot of fun. First of all I want to thank Frosty for advising me to play assassin. And then I want to thank everyone for being there for the fights. It was a lot of fun during all of it, midlevelsitting while I've learned my ropes, cabalwars and certainly bloodshed after Anathema.

I didn't play this character like religious one, and no religion would fit his role. But Emnon surely made this a lot of fun, and thanks a lot for this. I wasn't in Empire lately so I don't know if you're still active. If you are - that's cool, if your interest waned - that's a pity, you were all around awesome. *knee Murphy* Sorry for not sticking it out in the end, I concentrated on other project eventually so... yeah :(

A little bit of thanks here and there:

EMPIRE

Sodsob - my ganking partner since uncaballed childhood, too bad you've deleted, it became lonely afterwards. It was because of you I've oathed, was going to be CE midlevelsitter before that. Luckily oath changes ethos, so there we were.

Jurupa - sorry dude. It was so funny when we've ganked you and still took the oath. I think I gave you your blade back in the end.

Caecilius - said it a lot before and will repeat again. Helluva character - so awesome in communication, and so tricky to fight afterwards. Learned a lot from fighting both with and against you. My favorite character of all times.

Camdon - that demotion was the most hilarious thing I've had in years. You sure were competent, too bad you've deleted quickly. I was totally going to serve revenge as an ice-cold dish.

Gaspare - too bad we weren't able to follow-up with that Hall of Arts supervisor thing, I thought it was a lot of fun. After my Anathema, I was seriously gunning for you, but never made it. I thought I was pretty close a couple of times though. Unluckily, ragers were so reluctant to gank you with me, perhaps because I've killed them occasionally. You've cost me 2-3 con in the end, I think.

Zalgordrax/Abelmon - damn you dudes for deleting shortly after Anathema. I think Emnon was preparing something fun for us three, too bad we were not able to explore it to the fullest. Your deletes surely added to the process of my interest waning eventually as well.

Golthazar - we've got a long history right? I don't remember if I was able to kill you on lowlevels when you were the most spectacularly dressed dude out there, but man we've carried our battles through a lot of months. Awesome dude, impressive area knowledge.

Empire hell team led by Gaplemo - you guys are cool, thanks a lot for showing that to me, it was enormously fun, dying two rooms away from Satan was frustrating though, if only I knew that it was just two rooms away.

Tiiga - well that was fun history as well. First I was dragging you into Empire, then you went in, but I was anathemized so we were fighting, and then you were anathemized too so we became a nice ganking team. IC Zqoemoa viewed Tiiga as his student, but boy you're so much more skilled than me.

BATTLE

Varaez - freaking fast. I had so much trouble stalking you and I think never managed to snap your neck.

Varnon - fun fights, I think were were draw in the end.

Other ragers I've killed - sorry dudes.
Duergar ragers - I hated your guts.

FORTRESS

Lathlaeril - the one I fought most, I think. It went both ways, thanks for not hiding too much and always being ready for the fight even if you knew I'd rip you apart. That one time at ugruks was funny. I think I've spent an hour there, trying to find a proper way through plains without running into the forest.

Lithodora - my nemesis. I think you've killed me 70% of the times you've encountered me w/o trance. And I've never managed to seal a kill on you when having it. Our fights taught me a lot, so thanks. Hated your guts totally.

Gulrom/Tenyajn/some others and that azure bard (sorry forgot name) - god I hated temperance paladins and Twitchy guys. Reraiding against you was always tough and fun, too bad I've never managed to assassinate any of you guys even though I've managed to make reasonable attempts.

SCARAB

Tsalantha - same level of movement as Varaez - inredibly hard to stalk. That one time in the forest - the room is hills, therefore it was safe for me to enter. Playing ranger extensively surely has its bonuses :)

Jeede - loved our fights. I don't remember us killing each other, but that time at outlanders was the closest you got to killing me. Good thing we've stopped our rumbles after anathema, it became so much easier to stalk people.

TRIBUNAL

Laeden - it was so much fun before you've got lion. It became so much unfun after you've got one. I saw just no way to beat you, so I stopped trying eventually, concentrating on your wife (whom I didn't manage to kill either, damn acrobatics synergizing with me sucking balls in PK).

Many many magistrates - I hope I've made it more fun for you, deliberately creating chaos in the cities and going after you while on duty.

I'm certain I've forgotten a lot of people, but it was a very long-spanning character, sorry :(
128576, heh
Posted by Tsalantha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was wondering what you meant about that time in the forest, because I didn't remember dying to you. But then I remembered it was when I thought I was just fighting Sodsob and you were there too. That scared the crap out of me. Fortunately you missed trip and he missed bash (I have a feeling I didn't have tail of the lizard up and was relying on just catching him in summon spam, which made the whole thing even scarier). Luckily for me I lived to kill you both another day -- unless I'm thinking of another imperial assassin, which is possible. There were quite a lot over the years!

I tend to take the seasoned traveler so that I don't have to rest much even with bloodlust up, which helps for keeping on the move. And then there's twitchy on top of that, plus having played quite a lot of assassins. Occasionally an assassin catches me if they walk in and immediately trip, but outside of that it's pretty rare that I am surprised if they jump me.

Really glad to see you sticking out anathema -- great job on that. Did you get to try any of the anathema edges? I think they went in shortly after I deleted Nererial, who also spent time as an anathema. But as an assassin, they probably couldn't avoid you as easily, which would make anathema more fun, I'm guessing.

Sounds like you experienced a lot with this character. Will be one to remember.
128577, Totally
I think Sodsob deleted by the time when I made it to hero PK, we were ganking our butts out on midlevels though. Not quite sure though, we might have interlapped a bit.

That time in the forest was when you tracked me to the frozen wastes and was standing at the exit, spamming sleep. Knowing the terrain I just entered there and watched you spam, while stalking at the same time. That was the time when I witnessed your spamming routines and I have to say they're pretty insane so I was sure you were running on triggers (I know you were not).

And then a couple of minutes later a lightbulb popped in your head and you fireballed :) I remember you were somewhat surprised as to how I was able to get to you w/o stepping out.
128575, RE: (AUTO) [None] Zqoemoa Dark the Pursuant of the Rebellious, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Varaez - freaking fast. I had so much trouble stalking you and I think never managed to snap your neck."

I have played quite a few assassins, and am pretty good at avoiding them. I think Alex got me a few times in situations like cabal defense where I was forced to remain in a spot for a time - creating those situations is a good way to get people.

That said, I hate assassins when I am playing a warrior :P

In regards to my movement - play rager warriors (I have played a lot). Playing a rager will teach you how to run like the wind - because it is your only option.
128572, Boo
I won't post in your death threads either.
128573, Okay, you asked for it.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) You listened to a story I told you as Kowelu. You endured it stoically. Made sure to trim it for later; was too long.

2) Before lion it was almost no risk for you, but you still had absolutely no chance of winning.

3) You filthy Emnon enabler.
128574, Haha I remember that one
1) I hope I was a fun listener to deal with. I always felt that you should engage with the story from the character's perspective instead of just silently listening.

2) I think I remember having your hyena writhing once in Hamsah. Too bad I couldn't owaza or something :)

3) I'm sorry, but it had to be done :)