Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [BATTLE] Mnaethes tou'Lapith the Legend of the Battlefield, Dragon's Lunch
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=128308
128308, (AUTO) [BATTLE] Mnaethes tou'Lapith the Legend of the Battlefield, Dragon's Lunch
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jun 3 23:58:32 2016

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Mnaethes perished, never to return.
Race:centaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:81
128327, The lastname makes me laugh so hard
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Centaur is pain as a rager w/o ability to fly. I'm not even sure how you endured this long.
128328, This was one of the reasons why I stopped..
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I truly was amazed by the area restrictions placed on a nonflying centaur. Every sewers system, the Battlefield, Plenty of Trees, tunnel below Big D... all were places I could not get too.

The other reason was the build was just not great. I wish I would not have taken Cry of Thunder, and would have taken whispers. I had a hell of a time trying to heal as a berserker with 1100+ hp, and with whip/hand I could have used the extra healing whispers would have given.

This was my first village character and I don't know if I will be back mechanics wise (unless it is a defender or scout), but the other characters I played along side seemed top notch.

I was trying to invoke a Greek Philosopher sense with the character, hence the greek name, and tou'Lapith is a rough translation of "of the Lapith", who were the tribe the Centaurs were named after.
128329, The character itself was very friendly and supportive
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
which is totally cool for CF, so I give you huge thumbs up on that.

Regarding lastname, the "battle of Lapiths with centaurs" is actually a popular theme from Greek mithology, involving Pirithous and exile of centaurs from the Peloponnese. Was one of my favorites since childhood, so that lastname may be regarded as controversial (and which is why it made me laugh) :)
128323, What happened?
Posted by Osdryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>