Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Horner the Force of Nature
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=128236
128236, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Horner the Force of Nature
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun May 29 08:46:13 2016

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Horner perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:357
128244, GLWYN!
Posted by Gwildaththea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, sorry to see you go, but it was heading that way. You seemed to die in many many situations. Might want to not pick a gnome as a race for the next time perhaps?

I hope you had fun though, and we did try to RP some, but unfortunately in a limited fashion.
128245, RE: GLWYN!
Posted by Horner on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Agreed. As a gnome, some situations - assassins and guards - hit me harder than any other creature. Had wanted to see our religions could have worked together for the betterment of Thar-Eris. Perhaps next time.
128251, Once again, special guards do slashing damage
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
128238, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Horner the Force of Nature
It was a great ride. There are many that touched my path and am sure I touched many paths as well.

Want to thank the Pagan Spirit of The One and hope that my greenway path made sense and it was followed well. This was my first attempt at a creature requiring empowerment and knew the challenge behind it. Not to mention the compounding factor of being Greenway. That was part of the mystique wanted to created too as the never knowing if I had the same One or if I had multiple Ones to help keep the path varied to the purity of the Spirit.

The One - wish I'd found more depth in the character and been more imaginative to my path after becoming Harbinger. Think I was on the route with the discussion with Drehir but time didn't allow that to play out. Also, wish could have done more to bring more Chaos and bring back Entropy.

Just a few points to make as will need to go through the logs before being more indepth.

Bethanny - You really helped shape my path and enjoyed our tortured conversations.

Adira - You were fierce and know that I frustrated you a lot. Hopefully you saw growth in my knowledge of the Druid path. As you had nailed it earlier, Horner was the first time being a Druid.

Drehir - While time didn't allow me to take the next path, I hope I did well for Thar-Eris. Hope that those Reavers I brought in met your thoughts of Reavers too. I appreciated the challenging conversations we had.

Strienat - Enjoyed your encouragement and trust to help other branches out. Hope my Greenway was worthy of Thar-Eris. Assume it was or Harbinger I would not have been.

Gwilly - It was great to see a Druid lead the Wardens and your mantra of embracing life was great for the cycle of Thar-Eris. Wish I could have got you on board though to waging war with the Nexus after they turned the wild area below the Huntress civilized. Adira was on board and believe Tanzer after that.

Tanzer - You did great at Nightreaver and picked up things after Adira slumbered. Hope my words and actions didn't create to much frustration for you.

Lunakai - Thanks for being there on my final minutes. We took the Codex an were about to take the Icon when the Falcon flew in. Amazed on how hard that one pecked me.

Ardish - Keep your thoughts free. After bringing you in, I was pleased to hear you annoyed the Reavers. That bit of chaos was helpful to my plight and thoughts. Keep it up.

More to come.....
128239, thanks for the induction
Posted by myajabal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I caught you and the Greenhoof literally twenty minutes apart and the rest will be history. You seemed to learn the path of the druid well by the end. The last conversation with me you Gwild and the ancient spider was interesting to say the least, I would have liked to see how it played out. Glad you had fun and glwyn
128240, RE: thanks for the induction
Yes, I too am sadden by the fact that won't be able to play out the idea you saw being discussed.
128242, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Horner the Force of Nature
Posted by Drehir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will say, I think this was a great character and you were definitely fun to interact with. I felt you were going down the wrong path for the character at the very end. Especially since you really didn't have that much con left to truly give it a go. But you almost forced my hand there with that last conversation. I hope your next character is as fun and is a new experience.
128243, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Horner the Force of Nature
Yes, I struggled a lot with the idea we discussed. After the new path was made, I tried to think of a new role to add that would explain it well enough. Especially, well enough as a Greenway. Might have bitten off more than I could chew. I really did enjoy our discussion as you helped me really round Horner into the character she was. Wasn't sure what to expect heading into rolling her as I had never - played a druid, a character needing empowerment, a character with a religion to follow.
128246, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Horner the Force of Nature
Posted by Drehir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Druids are meant to stay true neutral. It states this in their helpfile. There are penalties for any alignment change, such as losing most sups, spells, abilities. What makes alignment change even more difficult is that it is not just a switch we flip that you decide you are evil now. Even if that is your goal, roleplaying it is the best way to make that happen, especially if you are roleplaying it early or as a slow progression to that alignment.

As far as a duration for how long you will be without your abilities, this can take hundreds of hours to properly get back, if at all. In short, I would not advise this unless you truly like pain and suffering. Ha ha. People have successfully converted a druid to evil before. Anyway, good luck.
128247, It seems like the thing to do for Druids
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's still really rare but I think there have been more align changed Druids with sups back then any other class.
128248, RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Horner the Force of Nature
Yes, I understand that Druids are meant to be neutral. It was a thought to take The One further but I know I needed a better plan. I really did enjoy playing my first empowered character.
128249, You impressed me (Tsalantha)
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not just from what I saw ic but from what I saw in logs.

Basically you seemed to enjoy yourself, win or lose, which is a good attitude to have to the game, since it tends to involve both!

glwyn (even though I won't be there to see it).
128250, RE: You impressed me (Tsalantha)
Thanks. I really did enjoy this character. As a creature of the Wild, especially of Thar-Eris it makes little sense to quibble for lost equipment or a fight that doesn't pan out.
128265, Adira wanted to kill you, everyday.
Posted by Warren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My favorite memory of you.. and I'll never EVER forget this..

We were in Aran'Gird, fighting some badass mobs on a quest
to do some cool outlander ####..WHILE said badass mobs are following us.

.... you strengthen a shield ....

If you didn't mob die that moment, I would have killed you.

I literally said outloud, "Are you f***ing kidding me?"

But, that is what made Horner, Horner.

And I quote, "Herbs? What herbs?!"

128267, RE: Adira wanted to kill you, everyday.
Yes, I recall many a quest there that we took. And that was during a time I had't grasped herbs and the power they bring nor had I become set in within my skin. I figured a time would come to fight and I should have seen it coming the day it did.