Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Torzen Swiftwing the Noble Champion of War, Commander of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127821
127821, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Torzen Swiftwing the Noble Champion of War, Commander of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Apr 17 12:43:51 2016

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Torzen perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:267
127823, Thanks everyone, sorry to do the slow dispensary
Posted by Treebeard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had plenty of fun with Torzen. PK wise i was not nearly as effective as I wanted to be. RP wise, I had fun with struggling between a noble upbringing, hating the family, and following a chaotic way of life.

Work just got too busy for 2.5 weeks, and trying to come back for it, the spark had gone.

Jormyr, thanks for everything. I'll definitely want to try a priest of yours sometime.

Varnon & Grimghal - loved playing with you both for different reasons but both made my logins more fun.

Ild, Sekope, LLathe - will miss you all as well.

Caecilius, you got under my skin once but overall I was super impressed with your role, actions, and everything. Really well done.

Too many others to count, but I'll respond if you post.

Torzen, aka Treebeard, Goraldain, Solar, Cainargen, many more.
127824, What was your build? Nt
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
127826, Mace/Whip Soul/Whispers
I shouldn'tve been surprised that 2 defensive legacies impacted my overall deadliness. But it was a very survivable build. If I had taken a spec with bleeding, that might've helped things.
127825, thanks for the help
Posted by Grundo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And the induct, you were very helpful and all around a good leader when you were around, you seemed damn deadly, and knowledgeable, we didn't get to interact a lot because I came in towards the end of you being around, but will definitely be missed, good thing we have some young ones coming up. Good luck with work and getting back into the swing of things
127827, Appreciate the note, thats what I was going for
Torzen was a big fan of giving anyone a chance, even if someone seemed new - and that was probably a lot of me as a player bleeding through.

I'm glad you had a good experience, and I enjoyed being around Grundo. I wish I could've been there more to do more coaching/etc.

Keep at it and see you in the fields!
127828, Always a pleasure
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shame when RL rears it's ugly head. I think it was pretty clear your frequently played in that gap where I'm most often sleeping, but it was easy to tell you had a solid head on your shoulders. About the only real "fault" I ever had about Torzen is that it was really never clear why you were evil.

I definitely get the deletion - hard to get back into a char you've lost touch with. Hopefully see you about - and if you do a priest - they're definitely a different experience than religion followers.

Good luck with the next.
127833, Thanks for the senimrnt
I've always loved interacting with Jormyr and his various incarnations.

On why I was evil, honestly it was a struggle the whole time. I felt like the role warrented it in terms of where Torzen came from, but in practice I really spent more time on the love of war and ideas around other ways to 'win' than being brutal, merciless or cold.

It's always a hard line to walk for me as a player in general, but I appreciate the feedback.
127831, RE: Thanks everyone, sorry to do the slow dispensary
Posted by Ild on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You'll be missed. You were a good commander. Always calm under pressure and handled the Village issues that came up very well I thought.

GLWYN

One of my favorite Torzen moments:

Torzen says 'I warn you now. I will share more when it is time. If that is not satisfactory, then we go to the Circle.

A short, ill-tempered berserker says 'So be it. We fight with Grime's weapons. If I know victory, you tell all. If you win, I not ask again.'

Torzen says 'We fight to the death. With what we bring.'

Torzen says 'If you lose, you have no hut.'

127832, that was a fun conflict
I know you got caught up in it s little, but in terms of working through it, was very entertaining.

I really, really liked your RP - was a standout in my memory of interactions. Hope we get to play in the same side again soon!