Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Koh the Holy of Faith
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127779
127779, (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Koh the Holy of Faith
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 13 09:03:12 2016

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Koh perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:134
127787, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Koh the Holy of Faith
Posted by Ild on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried to interact with you once and you didn't seem too interested. I was a bit disappointed because Koh seemed like an interesting char.

127785, Bye-bye
Posted by Banned on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't plan to post here (because I'm banned from officials!), but I couldn't resist to reply to this comment:

"Apr 12 02:19:59 2016 by 'Jormyr' at level 51 (134 hrs):
Seriously, you have a set that is 90% uber-limited, die your...fifth death, and are deleting?"

First, thank you for empowerment. Pain is a great path, and I enjoyed it a lot.

But death wasn't the reason of my deletion. I felt ignored most of the time, and when I could play, I've been most of the time alone. My laptop burned (and caused one of Koh's deaths due to link death in the middle of fight with Jooba), so I can't play from home, only from work.

I felt that my role idea wasn't accepted and I won't get the second path. While feeling no love, my interest waned even further. Not even lastname that everyone seems to get around 40th rank. I felt that it is related to my ban on the forum and that I'm not welcome in the game, and this feeling still pursues me. I'm not saying it's that, but I have that feeling and that feeling just don't go away.

Then Ilztyr gots the nightreaver, and it pushed my desire to delete to 99%. Not because I wanted NR, I was fine with it and shamans don't really need NR powers (I have curse + trep + spasms), but I don't think RP like this should be rewarded. I simply din't want to be in the cabal with the leader like this - and again, this is only *my* opinion and *my* reason to end it. You may disagree and say he is cool, and I'm ok with it, but I played too many imperials to agree accept that point of view. When he went semi-ooc about my language skills over CB, it was like "wtf, seriously?".

So, when I died, it was just the last straw. I felt totally useless and harmless against Qinsa. They looted nothing, and Qinsa even returned five-color, so I lost no items at all and no eq was the reason for deletion - just sum of things.

Only bright moments in life of Koh were talks with Tanzer. It was lot of fun, and when you immed and gone from online, last reason to stay alive vanished with you. Good luck there, big guy! You are the best.

Peace, see you somewhere.
127788, Well yet another not enough immlove deletion
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I'm gonna open my "Kstatida's magnificient courses of not giving a #### about things" for CF players. Should be a blast, and will improve playerbase attitude greatly.

Step one - send me your money, the more the greater not giving a #### effect you want to achieve.
Step two - wait for me to teach you something about not giving a #### until you don't give a #### about it.
127790, RE: Well yet another not enough immlove deletion
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it would be far easier to increase IMMlove than to try and change the minds of everyone who enjoy it as part of the CF experience. Mostly because we don't know who those people are until they quit/delete. And even then we usually won't.
127792, Unfortunately, it's a catch 22.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The more Immlove given out, the more people *EXPECT* Immlove.

When I started playing, my most awesome, amazing, and best characters I ever had were the guy who got tattoo'd, and my character that got a special title. Those were my OMGWTF moments over 4-500 hr character's lives. Hell, Llorenthos got given executioner's grace, and was the biggest, baddest MF'er for like 3 years of talk.

Nowadays, last names are given out like candy, leaders commonly get unique titles, tattoos are more common, people actually get given quest spells, forms, edges, extra legacies, etc. The sheer concept of giving someone a unique long description was unheard of.

....and now, not getting his last name is part of Koh's reason for deleting. When the rewards become commonplace and expected, they lose their value as a reward. Not to mention, that Immlove requires Imms to give it out, which we're in a bit of a lower spot lately.
127794, I understand
I've been ready to get kicked out and I expected it, and had plans to pay it out. It would be an interesting story. But it didn't happen, I thought that my role sucked. So that was the main reason for deletion.

About candies, yes, everyone gets them but not me. So it was a sign that my role and my character suck.

I know immteraction requires patience, but passed enough time and nothing happened... Hence delete. Just a little sign that I'm doing ok weekly's be enough to continue. I don't blame you, just want you to know that for players a little hints that they do okay is all that they (or just me) is needed.

Anyways, thanks again for empowerment, I have no any hard feelings! See you in the game :)

Koh / Mmumma
127795, Edge points man
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Every next character I play has less and less edges, to the point where I don't have any points spare to try out an edge I haven't taken before.
127796, In Jormyr's defense
He was asked to tone down the IMMxp. Which really confused me because I thought I had heard that there was an effort to increase IMMxp after the edge changes.
127799, RE: In Jormyr's defense
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its not that we want people giving out less IMMxp. Its that we want there to be a bar of quality that doesn't continue to sink for players to earn said IMMxp.
127800, This warrants a separate thread
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
because if I start talking about immxp again it's going to derail rapidly (again).

Like about how I got a total of 350 immxp over 700 hours on one character. I guess my quality was soooo below the bar.
127801, But there is nothing wrong with it
Immexp motiatves players to play and stay. If someone gets additional +500, what harm would it do? Superplayers could have 2-3k norm, usual players like myself could have 1k and everything would be balanced. But players would be inspired and know that they do not suck (as I think now about myself). When I design games, I always ask myself, if this feature will harm the game balance. Here, if there are standards written, I don't see how it could cause any harm.

Ps: I'm not arguing our blaming, don't ban me please!
127802, What? I have?
Hunh, that's news to me. As far as I'm aware, I've never been asked that, but that's a comment for a gameplay thread.

Koh ultimately came down to trying something out of the box that would have required IC punishment to pursue. Unfortunately, that doesn't communicate well generally, and in trying NOT to make his experience unfun, we made it unfun, and overall I thought he had the basics to enjoy his character (full empowerment, path).

Sadly, he was just looking for a little more pats on the back than I (and Jormyr) typically give. I mean...he is chaotic evil and all.

On the topic of characters likely to face trials, I'd almost suggest putting a note in the role that you're expecting you might face XYZ troubles like getting kicked out of a cabal, unempowered for a time, etc. We'll still dish out IC punishments as appropriate if the actions deserve it, but most of us try to avoid putting a character in the position that WE caused them to take a punishment (as I felt might happen if I gave him the demonspawn path, which probably would have gotten him kicked out for something he had no direct control over).
127803, Oops, that was Emnon maybe? n/t
127806, Ok
I had at least two priests who had lose empowerment for a time (and Shokai even have cut my tongue, too, and made a collar). So I'm fine with it. I'll keep in mind your suggestion about pointing that out in the role, thanks.
127797, Nope
I'm banned because I've argued about edges. But surprisingly, I had enough and didn't even know what edge to pick next, so I've deleted with a lot of edge points that I didn't use. Shamans don't need a lot of them.

I'm taking about just a little emote in game that would tell me that I'm doing fine. It would be enough to stay.
127789, That means a lot.
Posted by Tanzer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think we hit it off on a bad foot with your last.

I really enjoyed Koh, though, and thought you were a great reaver.

I definitely dug our chats.

GLWYN
127791, Re: Koh
Obviously, I was around and even watching as you died to Qinsa. Yeah, it was brutal watching you have horrible luck with that belt.

As far as your role goes, it made things...super complicated. Personally, I was *super* tempted to give you demonspawn to begin with and see how things played out with Outlander, but given the relationship between demons and Outlander, there was a pretty big chance it would have gotten you thrown out from Outlander, and I wasn't certain that would have been fun for you as a player.

Sadly, these last two weeks have been pretty busy for me, and I'm not a huge one for dropping in as Jormyr to interact with people directly to begin with. Overall, I think the previous comment with your role summed things up decently in that - you were just sorta hard to figure out how to approach. You have a character who's strongly influenced by demons, wants to expel it, but then....it doesn't go anywhere. It comes down to either "behind the scenes" moving the character's progression yourself, or Immortal interaction in coming up with a quest for the character to do so. Strienat and I had actually talked about doing that, though as RL took over both of us, we hadn't gone anywhere with it.

As far as Nightreaver - that I can't comment, as I've nothing to do with that pick. And yes, playing in the middle of the night system time, sadly, is pretty boring. Seriously, though...I don't think I've ever had a gear suit that good, and am just baffled you'd throw it away.

Anyways - patience! Other than that, good luck with your next.
127793, RE: Bye-bye
Posted by Ilztyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am bummed that you deleted. As per my "dumb giant possessed by a dumb demon" jab over CB it had nothing to do with your use of language and everything to do with Ilztyr showing no fear to Koh. I was making sure to act out against you on purpose.

Nightreaver is about being strong and taking the role of an alpha. When I went on to tell you that I'd kill you if you got in my way - that is just more of the same. Ilztyr viewed you as his main competition and wanted Koh to completely understand that he would not back down. There was nothing about it that resembled imperial rp. Reavers are supposed to be in a state of conflict during NR selection.

As per my 'RP' being bad you only interacted with me for about 1 hr out of 130 or so played. I don't feel like you are giving me a fair shake. I also think you wanted NR (based on our IC conversation) more than you are letting on in this post.

I'm sorry that you feel the way you do. I was actually looking forward to some in-fighting with you.
127804, RE: Bye-bye
Posted by Drehir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really do not owe you an explanation of why you did not get Nightreaver, but I will say I liked your character for what it was. I was hoping you would go further in that direction.

Good luck with your next.