Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Jorje Ra'Vaith the Quintessence of the Light's Promise, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127682
127682, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Jorje Ra'Vaith the Quintessence of the Light's Promise, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 29 07:17:33 2016

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Jorje perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:398
127762, Perished, never to return.
Posted by Jorge on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have to start by saying that I really enjoyed Jorge as a character concept and had a great time interacting with people. Fortress is a fantastic cabal to play. It's full of people that seem to genuinely want to help one another out, regardless of the situation. That being said, it's where my character concept evolved into. I wanted to heal as many people as I could, guide them in a good and holy path and protect them as they went on their way. In that, I think I did a pretty fair job.

I accomplished a lot of my personal goals for exploring that I hoped I would be able to but there was a great deal that I couldn't. I think people have a large misconception about how easy it is to explore as an OG conjurer. I was under this impression before playing one. This is mostly for posterity but I'd like to name a few very noticeable drawbacks to a conjurer over other builds:

1) The somewhat recent change allowing creatures to bring your servitors into combat. This got me killed or ruined my chance at exploring a place, so often, it's number 1. This essentially turns your Archon into an Angel that gets mad because it's fighting except it will not rescue.

2) I couldn't explore under water without using one of Avello's special summons. This was because every elemental except the one that does 0 damage to people under water, gets mad very quick and will turn on you.

3) Elementals are more fragile in PVE than people think. Most high level mobs hit everyone who is attacking them and your elemental will slowly die leaving 50 hours before you can continue with much effectiveness. (This isn't as much of a problem for an Acolyte as other conjurers)

4) You can be strong for about 35-40 tics then have to take a break to conjure again. So, in slow areas, 1 mob at a time, this isn't a problem but stack several fights one after another and you're toast.

I am not advocating for any of these things to be changed nor altered but letting people know from personal experience that these are troublesome spots.

Now, in regard to what most people talk about, in those 30-40 tics where you actually conjurered a strong set of servitors, a Conjurer can be insanely powerful. That isn't to say they are but can be, if they are using sound tactics. This goes doubly for PK situations. I had to go out of my way not to pk some people. This generally doesn't apply when a person is prepared, but if they aren't, it gets ugly.

In the end, this was my first time really playing a conjurer and a learned a whole lot. The overall experience was a good one. I enjoyed your religion, Avderlain and really wish I could have gotten into some serious conversation with you about it. I'll likely try another follower of yours in the future with a more warrior-like nature.

As always, I give thanks to the immortals of the game and the playerbase for making this experience an enjoyable one, except, Agilus. You know what you did/do.
127724, Good run
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Way to take the road less traveled and be a solid inspiring non aggressive character. You also may have set a record as having the highest percent of your deaths being to 100+ kill characters, a real testament to your skill.
127686, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Jorje Ra'Vaith the Quintessenc...
Posted by Lathlaeril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Everyone seems to have decided to leave the Fortress this week. Without you and Gulrom, the Fortress will struggle for a period.

Well done with Jorje. Whenever I talked to him he seemed to give off a genuine vibe of serenity. As always, I am sad our playtimes didn't align more often.

The Maran stand alongside their Acolyte brothers, to share vigil and mourning for the loss of the Holy Cardinal. Through the legacy that are his teachings we all find ourselves reflective on the true nature of Light's Promise. Rest well, Cardinal.
127688, Yes, I believe you're right.
Posted by Jorje on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Though it was not my intention to leave the Fortress in a bad place, I think before you know it, there will be people to rise up and take on those mantles we left behind. I was doing my best to be that caring person that anyone could come to in their time of need, so I always tried to have that aura of kindness about myself. I'm quite happy that you kinda received the same impression. I had a great time within the Fortress and also wish I had been around you more.
127690, RE: Yes, I believe you're right.
Posted by Xalcorin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go as it would have been nice to have you around to see the rise of the Rogue.
127684, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Jorje Ra'Vaith the Quintessence of the Light's Promise, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Posted by Luthantulas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed our little interactions. Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye in game.

GLWYN