Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Qaqah the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Rhyme of Resistance
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127659
127659, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Qaqah the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Rhyme of Resistance
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Mar 27 14:27:58 2016

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Qaqah perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:120
127673, Bye guys.
Posted by Qaqah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's been a fun 17-18 years of playing. Thanks to the staff and players alike for contributing to a fun and dynamic game. Although there are a lot of rubbish players these days which tip the fun-scale enough to be less than stellar, there's still some great folks around.

Qaqah was a fun character and surprisingly my first hero assassin. Assassins are fun, a ton of variety and tactics to be figured out and employed.

I think I gave as much as I got in terms of pk which isn't a bad deal when going against the Village at a time when it is peaking.

All told, CF just doesn't have that magic any longer although I respect people for trying to keep it going and rekindle it in some ways, especially Umiron. You're a heck of a dude, mad respect. Anyway, I'd consider returning if some imbalances and mentalities change, such as:

- cabal wars no longer fit the numbers. The risk of raiding and retrieving and ease of low level characters getting items back doesn't make sense. Or the fact that taking an item didn't really bother anyone because no one that it effects logs in get it back.
- too many people playing to not lose instead of playing for fun. CF is less about mayhem and way too much about engineering perfect situations. That's fine for some but it too often leads to inactivity.
- not enough action. This is especially glaring in that people can afford to be overly prepped for each fight, it's nothing like Masters/Empire/Rager/Sylvan wars of old where every character could die three times in an hour. If you had a prep it was burned so quickly. People couldn't spend 50 minutes out of the hour to go gather preps to maximize the next fight because you had 8 people breathing down your throat. See point #2 above.

As a Nexun, I once again came to hate how stupid easily the veil thickened just because a rager logged on. I think that should be tempered by Nexus being on. The only time the veil was ever not weak was when Caecilius or Melissa gave 3+ big items to shift it. Even having Gaspare on did nothing in terms of making magic strong. It makes zero sense for village to never have to give items to Tahren to thicken the veil and it makes camping Galadon/Eastern/Hamsah all the more easy and the risk of ambush away from there non-existent.

Anyway, I doubt anything changes. I personally would like to imm and push for some changes but I don't think I'm cut out for it nor would I be able to pass the area-writing test. Better people before me have failed at that.

Ormmir, thumbs-up, already said it in your goodbye
Mokele, thumbs-up
Laeden, thumbs-up, already said it in your goodbye
Melissa, thumbs-up, already said it in your goodbye
Caecilius, neat character, I've always had a soft spot for trappers and poisoners, glad to see you being dangerous when you want to be. I had to at least take a crack.
Golthazar, strong, I remember fighting you as you were coming up long ago. You've peaked since then!
Darvoderis, reminds me of a Kanye shaman, strong and always willing to rumble. I like how you play man!
Grimghal, said it, you're a beast
Torzen, you've come along way since my Villager and you ranking together in terms of hitting your stride. I never had an issue with you, nice job.
Choinon, neat build and good job doing it. I saw you survive some pretty insurmountable situations and manage to fend everyone off. I bet that was fun!
Shravthar, very Graatch-like, but man you were fierce. Nice job, I was hoping you'd stick around for 500 hours and solo-beat down all the hero range for months to come.
Llathe, very slippery. I have always hated battle bards, one of the strongest builds in CF. But I did like you and your willingness to fight, talk, lament, and have fun.
Jeede, I've dug your character for what, a year now? Sweet, sweet strange bracers in the 30s from killing you, a nice induction, dying, assassinations, all that. You make CF not just fun but pretty epic, too! Old bones.
Tanzer, you're so sweet. Best of luck, man.

Hope ya'll have fun. Peace!
127674, RE: Bye guys.
Posted by Serial Nexus Player on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey it's sad to see this because I thought you were a glimmer of hope to the nexus of the past. You're very right however carrion fields has gotten to a place where the magic that was once there is not. I've avoided posting about it or entering in on "this needs to be changed" topics and instead focused on creating characters that I thought were enriching and fun. But I totally see the shift and as I've continued to roll (klitdatink) being my last char that I played with you I realized that it's more of a chore and a grind with the changes then it is about fun. The player environment used to be one where I'd pour hours into because the game simply had an element of role playing and adrenaline pumping PK. That other games no matter the specs just could not imitate. I miss that and I guess it's that fleeting hope of experiencing that again that keeps me coming back. All the same I wish you the best and thanks for this char I did enjoy this.

Tenyajn
Klitdatink
Saphina Ironheart, Meter
Charice Boulderlaire, Warmaster
Valanthiriel Cardinal of the Golden Sun

Think those are my most notable lol
127675, Saphina was a jewel!
Posted by Qaqah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And Klitdatink was enjoyable, too, although I kept chuckling that your name was 'klit'. I have a soft spot for Nexus shapeshifters, no doubt about it. They're what makes the world go 'round.

I'm not trying to chase past glory here, I just think CF could and should transition to a framework based on current numbers and climate.
127676, The veil thing is why I hate playing Nexus.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That and it seems like with the lower playerbase that things are constantly balanced and when they aren't it's because 10 imperials or 5 fortguys just logged in.

Either way it tends to make things boring.
127677, It's been that way for a while.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was similar during Ahtieli's reign of terror.

I'd argue it's the playstyle of the players we've retained. Many of them are min/maxers who would rather not die than fight a 50/50 fight. They are the same type of players who log off if they log on to a terrible range.
127679, i don't understand the logic regarding vanguard and a thick veil either.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You'd think that's when you'd need it the most.
127678, Thank you.
Posted by Tanzer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wanted to hate on Nexus as a concept with Tanzer, because of the belief that if we ever did rip down the palace or the spire, Nexus would feel compelled to step right in and fill that void for some (to me) insane notion of balance.

But then all the Nexuns ended up being really cool, so that didn't work.

Come back soon.

whisperto qaq Don't call The Nightreaver 'sweet' it makes me look bad in front of the other reavers.

blush
127685, Had fun facing you
Posted by Torzen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were super respectful, always willing to fight. Appreciated having you around, and damn those confuse darts are a game changer.

Hope to see you in the fields again soon.
127693, RE: Bye guys.
Posted by Darvoderis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A lot of time you were the only person I had to run around with. I enjoyed both fighting with you and against you on a few occasions and that you were always willing to put it out there.