Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Wiglaf Ironjaw the Legend of the Battlefield, Magistrate of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127502
127502, (AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Wiglaf Ironjaw the Legend of the Battlefield, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Mar 17 22:22:57 2016

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Wiglaf perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:118
127648, This was my first hero character on CF...
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... and my first past level 37. I really enjoyed Wiglaf's silly RP - most of my characters here and elsewhere over the years have been more "serious" - but I logged those 118 hours in way too few RL weeks and needed to cut back.

Gnome warriors are interesting and maybe I would come back to one later, but probably not a great learning character. I went Tribunal because Tiiga assassinated my last character one too many times and I wanted to have detect hidden. I had a relatively tough time with some very tough opponents that would have been hard even if I hadn't been vuln_blunt. Altogether it was a good learning experience and I had the feeling that if I'd been able to get into a groove prepping and making better use of my whip/flail skills I might have seen more success in PK.

In no particular order, I enjoyed playing with Telufial, Laeden, Selionar, Rudrriw, Snots, the gnome bard from the Heralds, the minotaur blade from the Empire, Caecilius, Tanzer, Shravthar, and Sekope a lot. I'm probably missing plenty.

Special thanks to Laeden, you were often generous with your time and showed me a number of things I don't think I'd have figured out otherwise.

And to Gaspare for a very memorable day of mudding. I wish I had still been playing actively when you went down!
127508, You stole a friend of mine's name.
Posted by Zylundak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's been more than 10 years but my first Battle Commander had Wiglaf as a mentor and senior Rager. Wiglaf was a Svirf Warrior at the time. Don't know if this was the Original person or not but I hope you enjoyed the time you had, regardless. GLWYN
127509, Both were stolen from Beowulf
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yup your friend and mentor was a thief!
127514, I thought the same thing. I remember Wiglaf too
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I played a battle character at the same time and we ran around a lot together. That was back in the day there were multiple titled leaders in battle if I remember.
127515, Yes.
Posted by Zylundak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I appointed Drillmaster, Captain, and a General back then, although none of them had leader powers. It was also the time of Anti-life and the rising dead within the village and so many other really tough but fun happenings. RIP Intronan.
127517, Yup, remember all that.
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My char birthed the Anti-life. Aidamo was the chars name and was the Captain. I recall Sabiene, a thief who became a hero-imm, did the mid-wiving for it. I think Wiglaf was Drillmaster and believe you were Commander soon after. Oh those were good times.

Thanks for reminding me the third was general. Forgot about that.
127516, I prayed about it when I first saw him at level 10. No one cared :) NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
127504, RE: (AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Wiglaf Ironjaw the Legend of the Battlefield, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Jaegendar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which specs and legacies did you have?, you seemed like a very interesting char.

I actually noticed your roleplay from afar a couple of times and you seemed like you had some fun ideas going on.

-J
127647, RE: (AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Wiglaf Ironjaw the Legend of the Battlefield, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sword/whip & flail, STSF & Autumn Harvest. Thanks for the kind words.