Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Beorn the Champion of the Virtues
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127362
127362, (DELETED) [None] Beorn the Champion of the Virtues
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Mar 9 16:03:33 2016

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Beorn perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:401
127378, I know you were screwed from the get go.
Posted by Bilgritik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your timing for bringing a paladin into the tree was horrible, as you were following two very unique and probably "the only time we will ever see characters in the tree", an elf druid, and a dwarf in the tree. As soon as I heard there was a paladin I knew you were screwed. That would have turned the warden branch into a complete zoo, and would have really given the Adira minded reavers the excuse they needed to wage all out war.

The few interactions we had were good, and sorry that alot of other things got in the way of your experience.
127380, I've done an outtie paladin before
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ok, he wasn't an outtie, but he was on good terms with them as an innis empoweree who fought for their cause.
127382, There was an outtie paladin once
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't recall the name but he got sir sorrow changed from the last of the knights melancholic (which made sense, he's sir sorrow) to a member of the knights of the bleeding heart.

Old Emerald forest meant a lot to me so I noticed such things.
127367, RE: (DELETED) [None] Beorn the Champion of the Virtues
Posted by Strienat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know you probably aren't happy with me right now, and the truth is, this is only going to make it worse. That being said, I hope you take it as constructive criticism and come back stronger for it. First, I gave you an opportunity, like I had with other characters of yours, to do something with the character you have invested time into. I felt you deserved this. The reason that I was tempted to not be interested in this is because this character felt just like Rdenbrel and Arven. So my first suggestion is simply this: work on varying your characters and the way they act.

Second, don't sit and be AFK while you have triggers running. I caught you at this, so did other people. This is really bad, especially when you are sitting in a gods shrine doing it. I watched you do this as Rdenbrel, then continue it with every character after.

Third, and last for now. Do not be so needy. If your character requires that a immortal interacts with you every time you come pray or say something about them, you will be severely disappointed. I can speak for myself in saying this: I want to see growth. I do not want to have things spouted to me that is the exact same as the last character you had, and I do not want to have rehearsed answers to everything with no growth.

I am sorry that your time with Beorn did not go as you intended. When you started praying for Raltevio, I was about to make it worse on you by unempowering you. That's just not the way to get a god's attention. I even sent you a tell when you were afk, which is exactly how I found out you were botting. Then I pulled you to RotD. After this, I was working out how I was going to answer you and then ultimately unempower you and let you go the way you wanted, I had even talked to Raltevio about you. And then you deleted. So going forward, I hope that you learn from this experience and take these suggestions to heart and find a way to enjoy this game for what it is. Good luck in the future when you make something else.
127370, RE: (DELETED) [None] Beorn the Champion of the Virtues
Posted by Rdenbrel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>So my first suggestion is simply this: work on varying
>your characters and the way they act.

I've really tried this to varying my last two characters (Dionis and Beorn) as much as it was only possible: first was alcoholic maniac who has never missed a single skirt, and the last was like a priest full of virtues. Do they really had similar behavior from the side POV?

>Second, don't sit and be AFK while you have triggers running.
>I caught you at this, so did other people. This is really
>bad, especially when you are sitting in a gods shrine doing
>it. I watched you do this as Rdenbrel, then continue it with
>every character after.

As i wrote on DIOS in case of Beorn that was an intended act.
After 400 hours of ignorance, I must admit, i understood finally, that i have something like a 'black mark'. Thus having nothing to lose i just began to attract attention of immortals. Yes, i was botting in shrine as a protest, and then I was botting in RotD for being denied. But I was released when did not asked and forced to delete self in the end, cos nothing has really changed.

>Third, and last for now. Do not be so needy. If your
>character requires that a immortal interacts with you every
>time you come pray or say something about them, you will be
>severely disappointed.

What do you mean under 'Do not be so needy'? (Or you meant Rdenbrel maybe? Only she was needy and perhaps Arven.)
To want a virtue for paladin? Is it to be needy?
Or to want some edge-points for new feats?
Yes, seems and Beorn was some needy too, when was praying too much for the empowerment, but after having the last interaction with you when i got 51 rank, i've stopped to be needy. I've explored, did many quests and fought with foes according to my Role. I have not prayed to you as before. I stopped awaiting something from you.. And you call it needy? Beorn was really and absolutely self-sufficient in the, will say, last 300 hours of playtime!

>I am sorry that your time with Beorn did not go as you
>intended. When you started praying for Raltevio, I was about
>to make it worse on you by unempowering you. That's just not
>the way to get a god's attention.

And this was just the 'foul of last hope' before deleting as i've mentioned above. By the way, joining the Troupe does not meant for Beorn the betrayal of his deity. On the contrary, it was the path to show you, Strienat, that Beorn as living his free life and really follows his star of Creation, because the Troupe is the society of Art followers, and Art in all means - is creation. (If you did not marked, Beorn's triggers in the shrine were all about creating something from different crystals. Because you, seems, intentionally ignored all what Beorn was doing, be it his Veran's researching to remove Scion's blight or something else.)
Hah, and you was going to unempower Beorn... If you only could try to have any interactions with me, you would learn, what was real Beorns path about, but you seem to play in absolutely different time, and besides, as we see, had not much desire to talk with me at all, so i don't blame you, really. :)

And now I quit. Not sure, when i will have itchy to play CF again and will I have it at all.. All in all that were another ~1500 fun hours of my life and only ~500 hours of disappointments. :)
127372, Please stop saying
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that you were forced to delete. Nobody forced you to do anything except sit in the RoTD because of botting which is against the rules. So essentially you forced them to force you to sit there because you broke the rules.
127373, RE: Please stop saying
>that you were forced to delete. Nobody forced you to do
>anything except sit in the RoTD because of botting which is
>against the rules. So essentially you forced them to force
>you to sit there because you broke the rules.

Oh, huh! :) I do not blame anyone at all. I do not even know who you are? And why do you care at all? Well, let it will stay just rhetorical questions..

Again. I deleted because got insight (or may call it hints about the 'black mark'), that nothing will really change and there will be no progress for my character and more likely even retrogression. (I felt that Strienat was going to do something bad for Beorn after placing and slaying him in RotD and decided to outstrip the further punishments and make his life less complicated.) Thats all.

And as i wrote already, I've decided to take a break. Thus and Arven got deleted for a company... She would get AUTO anyway in a month, and I did not wanted to split my Farewells.

Good luck, whoever you was.
127374, You don't need to know who people are.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are making very public comments on a public forum that encourages people to participate in community discussion. You are repeating the same 'woe is me' I got shafted diatribe across all forums of this game and the reality of the situation is you got way too many chances to improve your character with way too many warnings that you weren't doing something right.

Spouting Ancient Instinct powers with a Paladin because 'your aunt told them to you and she was an Outlander?' For ####s sake.
127375, RE: You don't need to know who people are.
I do not need really, and this is why i wrote above:

"Well, let it will stay just rhetorical questions.."
127376, It still makes no sense to read.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
None new one. Repeating it did not help.
127377, RE: Please stop saying
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only way you would have continued to receive further punishment is if you continued to break the rules (as you have done with four characters in a row now?).

If instead, you learned from your mistakes and corrected them by just simply... not cheating. Continued to progress as a player and played for fun. I bet not only would you NOT get rotd'd again you may just start to get rewarded for being an awesome addition to the game.
127379, RE: (DELETED) [None] Beorn the Champion of the Virtues
Posted by Miakoda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>alcoholic maniac who has never missed a single skirt

Yes, he did. Just because you wrote a poem about it doesn't mean it actually happened.
127384, RE: (DELETED) [None] Beorn the Champion of the Virtues
>>alcoholic maniac who has never missed a single skirt
>
>Yes, he did. Just because you wrote a poem about it doesn't
>mean it actually happened.
>
'Yes, he did' what do you mean by that? That i just wrote roles, poems and they did not affected on my RP... here you are wrong.
Actually, in that period, when Dionis posted the poem about 'Fertile woman', (btw not I wrote this song, it was just my remake of 'Pink Floyd' song 'Dirty woman' from 'The Wall' album)
So in that period, Dionis really flirted with many.. For example, I remember how I've flirted with some elven girl (of some low rank) in Whyisdan shrine, that was really fun to see, how she was shocked, seems, never awaiting such behavior in CF :)
Dionis was my really favorite char! And all thanks to Raltevio!

Now i regret, maybe only one thing... That I have not took for Beorn the Revelation sphere. That one could be really a prefect Paladin of the tree with harlequin tattoo, and about three cool Virtues. ;)
But let it all stay just dreams for now. :)

127386, ....
Posted by Miakoda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Okay, English lesson. "Who never missed a single skirt," is not an expression we use. You probably meant something like, "who chases every skirt he sees." I interpreted "who never missed a single skirt" to mean he was a ladies man that always got want he was after because of how intensely you stalked Miakoda in game and, after a long departure, returned to see these poems of your sexual exploits and multiple people telling me they were about me. Then after Dionis was gone, I come to find out you had conversations with people in game about raping Miakoda. So... yeah.

I think a lot of your troubles stem from a very heavy language barrier that you don't really seem to acknowledge. Instead of trying to bridge it, you make assumptions of what people are trying to say and stubbornly defend said assumptions. You also seem extremely defensive which doesn't help matters.
127387, RE: ....
> I interpreted "who never
>missed a single skirt" to mean he was a ladies man that always
>got want he was after because of how intensely you stalked
>Miakoda in game and, after a long departure, returned to see
>these poems of your sexual exploits and multiple people
>telling me they were about me. Then after Dionis was gone, I
>come to find out you had conversations with people in game
>about raping Miakoda. So... yeah.

'ladies man' -OK its the same meaning i wanted to express with phrase 'Who never missed a single skirt'
'that always got want he was after' ... how to translate it? or maybe 'what* he was after?' ... Anyway this does not change the meaning much... but all right, will use 'who chases every skirt he sees' next time.
And to understand each other, we shouldn't better forget about punctuation too. Its really important, especially in text RPG! :)

>
>I think a lot of your troubles stem from a very heavy language
>barrier that you don't really seem to acknowledge. Instead of
>trying to bridge it, you make assumptions of what people are
>trying to say and stubbornly defend said assumptions. You also
>seem extremely defensive which doesn't help matters...

Well, there was a little language barrier for sure. With Strienat, for example :) I think this barrier would exist anyway, even if i would be native American or British. Its specifics of his vivimantic religion only. :)
In other routine life of my characters, i had no big language problems i think.. I had many interactions with many and all seemed fine...for both sides. I understand, of course, that I've sounded gibberish sometimes, when tried to translate Russian idiomatic expression in English, but last days i tried to avoid this... I was permanently working on myself as in game aspect, so and in language.
127381, RE: (DELETED) [None] Beorn the Champion of the Virtues
Posted by Verathi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After 400 hours of ignorance, I must admit, i understood finally, that i have something like a 'black mark'.

As a brief response to JUST that statement. I actively try to avoid knowing who players previous/alternate characters are (unless it becomes a cheating issue). Without trying, I knew pretty quickly who you were playing - that is how identifying your behavior is.
127383, RE: (DELETED) [None] Beorn the Champion of the Virtues
>After 400 hours of ignorance, I must admit, i understood
>finally, that i have something like a 'black mark'.
>
>As a brief response to JUST that statement. I actively try to
>avoid knowing who players previous/alternate characters are
>(unless it becomes a cheating issue).

The cheating issue happened on 395 of my total 401 hours of playing as Beorn, so cheating could not be the reason of my 'black mark'.
Wish I learn earlier about such 'marks'. I would not waste so much time.
Though, thanks to this 'black mark', I liked the Paladin as exploring/quest class. While boring hours I've even managed to accomplish the Kteng's quest, which I was sure, I will never do. :)
So its true: whatever happens with us, is for better..
127365, Goodbye Plus Explanation
Posted by Tanzer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First of all, I have tremendous respect for you for sticking it out as long as you did both IC and OOC, but I think something happened that you didn't really grasp the ramifications of.

From the Ancient Instincts helpfile:
It is rumored that certain Outlanders can learn to awaken ancient instincts that permit them to uncover this long-lost knowledge. It is an individual journey of instinct and discovery, one which the Outlanders do not even discuss amongst themselves for fear of angering the Ancient Spirits that guard these secrets.

By out-and-out speaking to me about AI stuff got you smote twice during our first encounter, and you still didn't seem to understand the gravity of what you had done.

From my POV you probably got a black mark and would never have been inducted after that.

The other day with the Sunwarden I tried to make it clear to you, but I guess by then it was too late.

All that said, you've played some pretty cool characters and it's fun to have you around, I hope this doesn't sour you too much on the game.
127371, RE: Goodbye Plus Explanation
>First of all, I have tremendous respect for you for sticking
>it out as long as you did both IC and OOC, but I think
>something happened that you didn't really grasp the
>ramifications of.

Thank you.

>From the Ancient Instincts helpfile:
>It is rumored that certain Outlanders can learn to awaken
>ancient instincts that permit them to uncover this long-lost
>knowledge. It is an individual journey of instinct and
>discovery, one which the Outlanders do not even discuss
>amongst themselves for fear of angering the Ancient Spirits
>that guard these secrets.

I know this all about AI. Beorn was not a member of outlanders and could not even be the pledge, so he just have played a Role that his aunt Outlander taught him about some AI secrets to help to join the tree as a Paladin. Yes, she did it having fear of angering the Ancient Spirits, but she did it, trusting in his nephew.
And Beorn, as uninitiated discussed those secrets with outlanders. Why not? Smite for it? Ok. After this smite he never discussed it with anyone.

>From my POV you probably got a black mark and would never have
>been inducted after that.

From my too.

>All that said, you've played some pretty cool characters and
>it's fun to have you around, I hope this doesn't sour you too
>much on the game.

Thank you again. I take minimum a two years break. Will see what will change in CF for this time. :)
Wish you all the best.
127363, I'm curious as to how this name was allowed...
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can I make a transmuter named Gandolf? Pretty pretty please?

I swear I'll arpeee it real good!
127368, RE: I'm curious as to how this name was allowed...
Posted by Verathi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know Gandolf off the top of my head, apparently I did not remember who Beorn is. Another black mark.
127369, I was just joking. Nt
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt