Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Parandalia Amberfoot the Prime Constituent of Balance, Elder of the Island
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127203
127203, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Parandalia Amberfoot the Prime Constituent of Balance, Elder of the Island
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Feb 18 15:10:59 2016

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Parandalia perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:411
127208, Goodbyes
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun while it lasted, but eventually the fun evaporated. I wanted to stay around and be the helpful elder, offering advice and general wisdom but I started a new character and we all know what that does to the old ones. Anyways, I felt it would be best to just delete and move on.

I started Parandalia to see how an invoker would do in Nexus. I've only had invokers in Outlander previously, so I was curious how things would go if I was constantly out in the open and unable to camo. I figured things would be much more difficult, but honestly it worked out just fine. Vanguard is a pretty nice power, when you're able to use it, but bond is where it's at. When bonded with a warrior, I was pushing 1600 hps + their ability to block blows for me. That was pretty fun.

Role:

Parandalia was orphaned at a young age when her parents, who were archaeologists (of sorts), went missing. She wandered around looking for them for a number of years, but eventually gave up and joined a guild. She believed that magic was the key to progress in the future and that she would stand as a beacon for those who wished to further their own knowledge and understanding of the mystic arts. I had hoped to eventually start organizing lectures from some of our stronger wizards in the world, where they could teach some of the younger generation a thing or two, but I started losing interest in the character and it never happened. I am trying to improve my RP'ing but I still have my challenges to overcome. What's sad is that Parandalia was never meant to be a PK character, but primarily RP. However, when you're constantly being hounded by ragers, it's kind of hard to just stay away from PK all together. So I found myself fighting more than I would like.

Goodbyes: I interacted with a lot of people, so I won't remember everyone. I'm just going to name a few people who stuck out and that'll be it. I only had one truly bad experience with a player, and that player was Sodsob, who dropped a full-loot on me when he waited at my recall spot and tripped me down with his perma-buddy Vii. But whatever. I recovered to be much stronger than I was previous to that encounter. It was really a blessing in disguise... But still... You can go #### yourself Sodsob (and player behind character).

Deormdel: You came along just as I was hitting hero and I didn't really know what to expect. But from everything I saw, and heard, you are doing a fantastic job as overseer of Nexus. Thanks for all the work you do. I wasn't lieing when I said I wasn't done after I stepped down as Meter. Well, I wasn't lieing at the time, that is. But I just didn't feel like putting in the hours it was going to take to compete with the village at the moment. I was all out of wands and my barrier location was in a place I didn't know and didn't feel like stumbling around for hours looking. Sorry for the quick exit, but Nexus has a new Meter and things seem to be going fine.

Dundlin: My boy! You came along just as Eleri was exiting, and you were sorely needed. We got a lot accomplished with just the two of us, and I'm sure I wouldn't have been the same without your presence. You also came a long way in terms of your deathfulness. I'm glad I got to see the progression of what is now a very strong character. Kudos, and good luck.

Eleri: I was so sad when you deleted (or con-died?) because you were just hitting your stride, and if you would have put in another 200 hours or so, you would really have some strong PK numbers. You were also very knowledgeable, and that's always nice to have around, because while I'm pretty confident in my PK ability, I've got a lot of work to do when it comes to exploration.

Iassandra: Very frustrating that you deleted. You were another that could have done some really impressive stuff had you stuck it out. I tried to get on and play when you were around because I wanted you to keep trucking, but alas. Anyways, I missed you when you were gone.

Varnon: I think we shared a mutual respect for each other, and I'm glad I got to send you a tell when you con-died. You were truly nasty when you bloodthirsted, and sent Dundlin and myself running more than once. Even through Bond! But overall I'm not sure if you ever killed me. Bloodthirsting really isn't the best way to land a kill on me. You would have been better off spamming cranial. I'm sure we'll meet again in another incarnation.

Gaspare: Wow. Wow. Wow. One of the best parts of playing Parandalia was that I was able to interact with you. I've played against a lot of lichs. Istendil, Valg, Satebos, Entropy lich (I forget the name), Dullameh, Ahtieli and I'm probably missing a couple. In my honest opinion: You're the best lich to ever play the game. A true sportsman, a phenomenal roleplayer with more depth to his character than 99% of the game, a great and intelligent PK'er, and very knowledgeable. Coming from someone who had 3 different heros through the Ahtieli regime I can tell you that you were a true breath of fresh air. After witnissing the times when Ahtieli and like 6 other Imperials would log on and off within 5 minutes of each other every single day, having you around has really shown me that a lich player can really have an impact on the game, and it doesn't have to come at the expense of other player's fun, and time-sink. Thanks for enriching my playing experience. And also... You never killed me... ;) P.S. I stareted Haimenacae with the sole purpose of killing you just once as a lich. The closest I got was getting you to covered in wounds. There was a chance that I could get you, but you would have had to make a mistake first, and it just wasn't likely to happen. Oh well.

Daphedee: We didn't interact too much, but we had a relationship that dates back and I just wanted to thank you for being a stand-out character, and one that brings fun to the game.

Worthag: I really like Worthag, and I hope you keep trucking. You are really really tough (which I found out as Haimenacae :) ) and I'm glad you're cheiftain.

Golthazar: I enjoyed our interactions, and I wished I would have played with you more, but it seems like your playtimes coincide with Gaspare's too much, and of course the balance is going to sway towards evil at that time.

Ashworth: You were a real ####bag to me. I'm not sure why, but instead of accepting my help, you went and died to Gaspare like 3 times in a row. It was a very interesting tactic, and I always wanted to ask you exactly how that was helping the light?

Hitrilipimi: You and I started off as friends, then when the balance shifted towards order, I of course had to fight you guys. Then you freaked out, as if you didn't know I was a Nexan. Things started to spiral from there, and we ended up hating each other. I just wanted to say, that even though we had a rough relationship, I always thought you were a hell of a Tribunal and one of the best Provosts in recent memory.

That's about it. If I missed anyone, reply below and I'll respond. I wanted to say thanks to the Imm's for a great game, and even though everything is NOT perfect, it's still a hell of a lot of fun.

My only complaint is the same one that I've had for a while now. The wand system is a huge time-sink, and it's inevitable that you will get a terrible location and basically be unable to fight anyone decently strong. As a nexan invoker who primarily fights ragers (who are specifically designed to kill invokers) I just don't understand how I'm supposed to fight those guys without a full set of wands. Anyways, like I said: A great game. But there is room for improvement.

Take care all, and I'll see you in the fields.

- k-b aka Parandalia Amberfoot, Haimenacae Riversong, Aiyanatuin Tel'Runya, Onya Stargaze, Bimbledore something-or-other, Valdora Bon'Durdin, Eudessa Frostborn, and many many more.

127209, I don't know why I liked you as much as I did.
Posted by Tanzer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I definitely don't know why you liked me as much as you did.

But I think it had something to do with how genuine you came across.

I loved when you logged on and there were two Meters, because that's the sort of breakdown in the system that Tanzer is all about.

I knew you needed help once or twice with wands, but you know I couldn't offer to just help you, but if you had asked me to come along I probably would have.

Tanzer hates Nexus, but it's hard to roleplay that with so many cool nexuns running around.

GLWYN, you're good for this game.
127211, Thanks man.
Parandalia loved Tanzer because he is a magi and therefore good for the lands, but I (the player) also loved Tanzer because you were very up front about your intentions, and didn't seem to be up to any tricks. It was easy to talk to you, and I enjoyed the times that I did. I wish we could have done some PK'ing together because you seem to know what you're doing. Anyways, keep up the good work and take care.
127213, Well done.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed interacting with you as Acitavian. Nexus needs leaders that stick it out like you did. Good luck with the next.
127219, Thanks.
I liked Acitavian. It was refreshing to have a necro as an ally and not gunning for my head. I wished you would have stuck it out because it would have been interesting to see what we could accomplish as maybe a wight/invoker combo. Or maybe even mummy/invoker... Eww that could b nasty.