Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [HERALD] Scrit Thundruksast the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=126236
126236, (RAGE DELETE) [HERALD] Scrit Thundruksast the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Nov 8 22:07:49 2015

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Scrit perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:66
126239, Well...
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You made it 66 hours before you over reacted to something simple and deleted. That's progress!

Good luck with your next. Fingers crossed for 100 hours.
126244, duurgh lasted 86 ;)
Posted by jaf2h on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
126238, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [HERALD] Scrit Thundruksast the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Dionis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh you was even a herald?
Why this happened?
126243, Just mouthy people
Chastised for doing something that people do all the time. Fogged an assassin who will remain unnamed he promptly complained to Daph and I didn't feel like being under the microscope when there was another shifter recently that killed them like ants regularly. So instead of sitting around getting bitched at by Raltevio and the high herald I pulled the trigger
126246, No one "bitched" at you.
Posted by Raltevio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You need to respect mortal leadership in a cabal. It's that simple. If you cannot take criticism, or respect said leadership, then uncaballed is the place for you.

Nobody chewed you out. Nobody hamstrung your character with negative Xp. We had a disagreement and I thought that was the end of it. It certainly was where I was concerned, but apparently not.

Also, as an aside, raiding cabals prior to joining Herald as you did, while not technically wrong, is not going to go down all that well. (I do take note of that, especially if it occurs in significant quantities, since it is a politically motivated action which can draw Herald into a war.)

I suspect the other shifter you're talking about was already uninducted. Which is why I made a point of bringing it to your attention then, rather than letting it get you kicked out later.
126247, RE: No one
I was talking about Kowelu. Who hunted with imperial and killed villagers lots. And I got chewed for fogging a scarab assassin when I got scolded and fogged repeatedly for being hidden as Viester from Bildot and others and that's okay?
126248, RE: No one
So a couple things:

-I had no beef with you for that (but like I said, I respect leadership decisions in those situations.) I vis'd to make it known that raiding isn't tolerated as another now ex-Herald was actively raiding and you participated in the raid albeit as an uncaballed. That's fine, but I wanted to make sure you wouldn't be under any false pretences. I did not want you following that example and getting booted later.

-You don't have to agree with a cabal leader's decision, but you should try to show them respect. If you have a massive issue with a decision, note the Immortal in charge of the cabal.

-I didn't realize that such a minor incident was such a big deal. Honestly the whole thing seemed like such a minor incident to me, I had fogotten about it until this thread popped.

If it came across that I was chewing you out, I apologize. It looks like wires were crossed. The only reason I passed the buck to Daph was because I wasn't clued up on the specifics of the fogging incident. I only cared about the raiding behavior.

Note me next time if it's a big deal. We can discuss it properly.
126249, PS: In case you think this was a bad decision..
The guidelines from the Inn:

"Know ye that troublemaking is not welcome in this Establishment, and ye will be excluded if ye fail to heed these common courtesies.

There shall be no fighting in this Inn except as agreed-upon by both parties in the brawling room. Such duels should be announced to indicate that such agreement has been made.

There shall be no stealing in this Inn.

There shall be no threatening or harassment of customers or staff.

Similarly, have respect for the tales and stories being told.

While concealing yourself from view at the Inn is generally discouraged, we understand the desire of many to remain unseen for
protection and comfort. However, troublemakers will not be tolerated and you may be tossed if you conceal yourself after being asked to be visible.

Finally, aggressive defenses such as blade barrier may result in both the attacker and the attackee being tossed. Bear this in mind.

-Olin the Innkeeper of the Eternal Star"

So yes, it's absolutely bad for a Herald to be faerie fogging players out of hiding at the Inn if they have not requested said player to step out of hiding first.
126341, Not the Scarab
Posted by anthemyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are a few things I don't remember about the incident in question (like who was fogged,etc), but...I would like to clarify one thing.

The scarab didn't whine to the High Herald. I informed her; given my role, it was in my character's interest to have more individuals welcome at the Inn, and fogging hidden individuals could easily accomplish this.