Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [HERALD] Gningeri the Mistress of the Outer Planes, Innperial Warlock
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=126014
126014, (AUTO) [HERALD] Gningeri the Mistress of the Outer Planes, Innperial Warlock
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Oct 24 10:15:52 2015

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Gningeri perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:conjurer
Level:36
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:109
126212, BTW, Herald Imms...
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a TON of #### re-written, and new #### written up for inclusion to the Lyceum, but never got any response from any of you. I wanted to make what was in the Lyceum match the current landscape of Thera, but no dice. I guess I'll save it for the next time I get the itch.
126216, Where did you mail it?
Posted by Raltevio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I do not have access to the Lyceum email address at present. If you mailed it there and did not get a response, that would be why.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your misgivings with players. I always enjoyed your characters in the past.
126224, Where should they be sent then?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
126225, RE: Where should they be sent then?
Copy in Raltevio@carrionfields in addition to the Lyceum, until I get the permissions set up. I've requested before, but with everyone as busy as they are, it was overlooked.

If anyone has had any issues on this front, feel free to retroactively copy me in.
126227, Thanks. Forwarded.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
126229, Meh, it's not ALL the players. I tend towards hyperbole a wee bit.
A lot of people were just fine. It was just most people with any kind of restriction they should be handicapped by would just ignore it without hesitation, friend and foe alike, whenever it was inconvenient. When that happens, it ruins the immersive environment and reminds me that I'm just playing a game. It takes me out of the game, which detracts from the entire point of playing in the first place. Also people saying things like "I want to group but I need to kill two more people first" because of the new changes to edge points kind of blew too.
126168, Too much non/#### to to handle anymore, and not enough oversight.
It seems the playerbase, as it exists now, can't handle the restrictions they should be following as members of their cabals/supposed roles and everyone just runs around doing whatever the #### they want without the very rare case of someone getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar and being made an example of, but not until after they have made such an egregious and obnoxious spectacle of themselves that someone is forced to act, or they happen to slip up and commit assbaggery right in front of an imm, and sometimes not even then.

Enforced RP is a ####ing joke, because the players can't police themselves and it's gotten to be too much of a headache for the staff to do because it's so rampant, and they are so few. Don't blame the ####ing imms for the decline of the game, blame yourselves and your powergaming "I'm going to get away with whatever I can, as long as I can" mentality.

I used to blame the staff for the giant ####burger that CF has become, and I was totally off base. I found it exhausting to keep up with the ignoring of cabal/role restrictions just as a player with the people I was forced to interact with, I can't even imagine how someone on the staff must feel at this point.

People constantly and blatantly pulling #### that should be a cabal-removal offense being promoted instead, just because of the giant festering toilet that CF has become. The lightest of the logs float to the top, and that gets scooped out and made a leader. But a piece of #### is still a piece of ####, floater or not. I'm sick of swimming among the turds, hunting for the shiny people to interact with, who actually know what roleplaying is. The imms have done so many nice things for the players lately, and yet the game is worse than ever, because without someone standing over them with a whip and an uninduct button, most people will just take a huge squat all over their roles in the pursuit of something shiny, or that +1 to PK count.

I'd like to give a special shout out to the village for setting the bar at an all time low (which is saying something) for essentially starting a war with a cabal full of people with no PK powers, wearing mostly RP sets of gear, whose main goal was to sit around talking, instead of going out after people not sitting and sipping tea. Instead of trying to pick fruit a little higher on the tree, you went all out to do your best to grab that low hanging fruit. Don't break your arms trying to pat yourselves on the backs for that either, especially since you didn't even do that well.
126171, I hear you, Vlad.
Posted by Olachmhet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is part of why I deleted and have a hard time mustering up the urge to play again. Honestly, I'd be surprised if they don't delete your post - or hide it like they did with my entire death thread.

You know, to some degree I can just ignore it when people in cabals do things that are completely opposite to what they're supposed to be doing, but it's especially annoying with respect to Battle because their arguably overpowered abilities are meant to be counterbalanced by RP restrictions which are increasingly just flat-out ignored without consequence. Even that would be borderline tolerable, but to see the imms giving completely broken rewards (legacies, even) to already-powerful characters who don't even follow their cabal's roleplay doctrines? Honestly, I don't understand why anyone even pretends a remotely level playing field is possible in CF if that type of thing is going on.

It's also messed up that bringing attention to this apparently met with stonewalling and censorship. I'd be surprised if this post, or even yours lasts long. You say "don't blame the imms", and to a large degree you're right, but what about the fact that they are actively rewarding terrible RP with ridiculously strong PK-oriented rewards? There's two sides to this coin, and whatever way you look at it, only the imms are capable of actually fixing the problem because there will always be powergaming douchebags who will try to get away with as much as humanly possible in order to make themselves look skilled at a text based roleplaying game.
126172, RE: "stonewalling and censorship":
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't hide your thread because I was stonewalling or censoring you, I did it because your response to pretty much anything anyone said was an accusation of cheating or something OOC and that's not cool.

I don't agree with everything Vlad said but I don't have any problem with him saying it either.
126173, RE: censorship
Actually, I stated plainly that it might not have been cheating, that I didn't know for sure, and that it was just what I read. I just insisted that even if it wasn't cheating, it would instead be incompetence on the part of whichever immortal gave him that reward. Those are pretty much the only two possible options here, given the circumstances. I invite you to change my mind, if you care to.

Whether you think my opinion is "not cool" or not, hiding my death thread wasn't necessary. If you really think I was being such a turd, I'm sure people can come to that conclusion on their own without you needing to sweep the whole thing under the rug.
126177, You were being a turd
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I think the game is way better off without you.
126178, Trust me, I am aware that the usual QHCF poison disliked me.
You're not telling me anything I don't know. Still, let's try not to #### up Vlad's death thread with the inevitable pile-on about it.
126180, Uhm
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were the golden example of everything you yourself complained about. You complained about some muter taking your mask and looting you, and mid rank level sitters having at you, and then you would kill the same newbie 5 times in an hour. On like 3 separate occasions, and you were looting the piss out of them too.

You were the prime example of those ####ty players you complained so hard about. The only thing you didn't have that you complained about was a reward. And you didn't deserve one the way you acted so thats fine.

The difference between Vlads death thread and yours, is Vlad is awesome, and generally puts out awesome characters. Your character was a ####head, and you acted like a degenerate towards your fellow players, especially newbies you found you could pick on and bully around. I GUARANTEE Vlad did not or would not do anything like that on his characters.
126181, Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.
You are near the head of the pack of the QHCF poison I was just referring to. You literally made up half the things you just said, both here and on the other forum. I ignored you in-game because you were annoying and I'm not going to give you a real reaction here, either, for the exact same reason.

Like I said to Artificial, just because I posted something to Vlad doesn't mean it's time for the serial whiner pile-on to commence and #### up his death thread. Stop.
126184, Statistics dont lie. Here are some for you.
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oct 16, 2015|Lv 13|Galadon|Lowasta vs 1: <13> Olachmhet (100%, beating)
Oct 16, 2015|Lv 14|The Seaport of Hamsah Mu'tazz|Lowasta vs 1: <14> Olachmhet (100%, beating)
Oct 16, 2015|Lv 14|The Seaport of Hamsah Mu'tazz|Lowasta vs 1: <14> Olachmhet (100%, magic missile)
Oct 16, 2015|Lv 14|Voralian City|Lowasta vs 1: <14> Olachmhet (100%, beating)

Oct 19, 2015|Lv 22|Hamsah Mu'tazz|Totania vs 1: <22> Olachmhet (100%, magic missile)
Oct 19, 2015|Lv 22|Hamsah Mu'tazz|Totania vs 2: <23> Grop (29%), <22> Olachmhet (71%, crush)
Oct 19, 2015|Lv 22|Hamsah Mu'tazz|Totania vs 1: <22> Olachmhet (100%, magic missile)
Oct 19, 2015|Lv 22|Hamsah Mu'tazz|Totania vs 1: <22> Olachmhet (100%, crush)

Oct 21, 2015|Lv 28|Feanwyyn Weald|Lillureliel vs 2: <30> Cainasir (22%), <28> Olachmhet (77%, crush)
Oct 21, 2015|Lv 28|Feanwyyn Weald|Lillureliel vs 1: <28> Olachmhet (100%, acid blast)
Oct 22, 2015|Lv 28|Azreth Wood|Lillureliel vs 1: <28> Olachmhet (100%, magic missile)
Oct 22, 2015|Lv 29|Azreth Wood|Lillureliel vs 1: <29> Olachmhet (100%, magic missile)
Oct 22, 2015|Lv 29|Azreth Wood|Lillureliel vs 1: <29> Olachmhet (100%, suction)
Oct 22, 2015|Lv 29|Azreth Wood|Lillureliel vs 1: <29> Olachmhet (100%, magic missile)

There is nothing you can say at all to reasonably justify that sort of douchebaggery. Nothing.

You were everything you hate, straight up. A griefer.
126187, Are you done yet?
You don't know what you're talking about. Regardless, I don't have to justify anything - especially to you, a creepy lying spaz who sent me so many garbage tells that I had to use the ignore command on you regularly.
126189, There is no justification for that
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even if people were trying to kill themselves on you, taking over 10 such kills would be a #### move.

I liked your char but when I saw your pbf it became clear you were either griefing or trying to pad your pk, perhaps for murderous reputation.

And you did deserve the rejection from scarab, IMO, for going cap in hand to a trib.
126190, There's context I could get into, but this isn't really the place to discuss it.
Too bad somebody hid my death thread so there isn't a proper place to discuss it anymore.
126191, That is like saying there's context for child abuse. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
126192, Did you seriously just compare child abuse to anything that could ever happen on a MUD?
What the hell is wrong with you?
126213, Amusing side note....
I think the last time I was accused of doing something remotely ####ty to someone was with Celebrimbor, because they attacked a group I was part of, and I didn't flee before they died so I was accused of ganging them down. That's the ####tiest thing I can remember being accused of doing.
126208, I don't know who you are, so I don't dislike you. nt
nt
126205, I didn't see ####ty people getting rewards, one person being made leader aside.
It also wasn't just one cabal. Imperials asking me to help attack in town, certain Scarabs frequently calling in Imperials of all people for help, Tribs asking me to attack people as they stepped into the Spire, so they could come out and "assume" I was the innocent party, Citizen ranked Imperials ignoring the Emperors decree about the Heralds the day after he made it, just lots of ####ty RP all around. I also saw a fair amount of really good RP too, in certain (mostly Heraldic)circles. But I moved and my feelings about the general "meh" feeling I have towards the game at present wasn't enough to draw me back with everything else I have going on, setting up the new house and all, so all 3 of my chars autoed.

Truth be told my typing is REALLY awful these days, mostly because of the nerve problems, and that could make things incredibly frustrating for me at times, which probably bubbled through from time to time, and until I get that under control CF probably isn't the game for me.
126206, I didn't see ####ty people getting rewards, one person being made leader aside.
It also wasn't just one cabal. Imperials asking me to help attack in town, certain Scarabs frequently calling in Imperials of all people for help, Tribs asking me to attack people as they stepped into the Spire, so they could come out and "assume" I was the innocent party, Citizen ranked Imperials ignoring the Emperors decree about the Heralds the day after he made it, just lots of ####ty RP all around. I also saw a fair amount of really good RP too, in certain (mostly Heraldic)circles. But I moved and my feelings about the general "meh" feeling I have towards the game at present wasn't enough to draw me back with everything else I have going on, setting up the new house and all, so all 3 of my chars autoed.

Truth be told my typing is REALLY awful these days, mostly because of the nerve problems, and that could make things incredibly frustrating for me at times, which probably bubbled through from time to time, and until I get that under control CF probably isn't the game for me.
126174, People take PK deaths personally nowadays.
Posted by Killed You Twice on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its a PK mud man. You're gonna die. Especially if you're easy to kill.

Basically what you just said was 'I got PK'd a lot and I just can't handle that anymore.'

Sinking swimming floating whatever, just because you're playing in a RP cabal doesn't mean you aren't gonna get beat on sometimes.

Don't take deaths so personally. Stay IC when you die. Not sure why people, especially old school players don't do this anymore.

126200, That's not at all what I said.
I was talking about people I was friendly with too, pissing all over their cabal/role limitations whenever it suits them to do so. This wasn't about dying a little, I could probably count the number of times I died to PK's on both hands, and I was usually wearing "pretty shiny RP gear" so that was seldom an issue. I also autoed 2 other characters, one of which was a pretty tough level 50 orc, so again, it wasn't about pk. I'm talking about people, not just enemies but people, so far coloring outside of the lines of what they should be doing it ruined the atmosphere for me.

I was a gnome conjurer, I knew I was a punching bag, as intended. That doesn't mean I want to hang out with people who I couldn't discern the difference between without having to check their race/cabal/align via who. RP is in the ####ter and it makes me not want to play.
126202, Are you sure it isn't you?
Posted by Killed you Twice on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I talked to you you came off as a complete newbie who didn't know much about the game and complained a lot after he died.

If you're a Herald its sort of like being a Tribunal, your enemies always know where you are. Nobody in CF doesn't have enemies, regardless of what it sounds like you wish to have happen.

Just suck it up! You used to be a lot better at accepting deaths. Be the change you want to see in the game and don't just newb out and go OOC when you die. It really doesn't make people WANT to interact with you, much less go out of their way not to kill you.
126204, Yep pretty sure.
I died 6-9 times per session, usually to my own creations. Death came with the territory and I handled it with a shrug and a sigh. If you got attitude after a death, then it's because you went out of your way to do something particularly ####ty (usually causing me to waste even more time than the time sink the game has already become) and you are exactly the sort of person I'm talking about. Generally someone would get a "Well that was rude" or "That was uncalled for" and I was on my way again. If you got worse, you are the kind of player I was talking about exactly.
126201, That's not at all what I said.
I was talking about people I was friendly with too, pissing all over their cabal/role limitations whenever it suits them to do so. This wasn't about dying a little, I could probably count the number of times I died to PK's on both hands, and I was usually wearing "pretty shiny RP gear" so that was seldom an issue. I also autoed 2 other characters, one of which was a pretty tough level 50 orc, so again, it wasn't about pk. I'm talking about people, not just enemies but people, so far coloring outside of the lines of what they should be doing it ruined the atmosphere for me.

I was a gnome conjurer, I knew I was a punching bag, as intended. That doesn't mean I want to hang out with people who I couldn't discern the difference between without having to check their race/cabal/align via who. RP is in the ####ter and it makes me not want to play.
126175, Did the village start a war with the Heralds? Nt
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
126207, It was this really lame mini-war.
The Villagers (leadership mostly) kept raiding the Inn, if you can believe it. The whole situation was especially lame. It's like, you're the biggest baddest warriors in Thera, and THIS is how you choose to spend your time? Nevermind the Nexus is sitting on their island, key intact, the greatest warriors in the world are going to come #### with the inn!

I'm not saying Herald should be expected to be immune to PK, but like I DID say, the bar during the span of my lifetime for village behavior was really set especially low by a lot of the #### I saw. I'm just calling it like I see it.
126210, RE: It was this really lame mini-war.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I had to guess, I think they got tired of the inn being a "safe zone" for all the Herald mages.
126211, I can't think of anyone who was really an inn-sitter, so I don't see the justification.
Most of the Heralds were pretty active, it's not like they couldn't be gotten elsewhere. Frequently they weren't even there when the inn would be attacked. Yeah I know, "No item to defend, why come?" and yet it would be #### RP NOT to defend your home against an intruder. Like I said, that bar was set super SUPER low for behavior.
126214, RE: Raiding the inn
Out of curiosity: how is raiding the Inn even possible with Heralds around? Can't you just toss people as soon as they hit the guard?
126217, As an out of form shifter..
I could still see a lucky string of deathblows killing you fast if you were unprepped.

Normally the Village raiding tends to be folks trying to chance a lucky PK.

I agree with Vlad that it's picking low hanging fruit, but it's a matter for Battle leadership and the Immstaff that oversee the cabal. I'm ultimately fine with there being risk for Heralds in the Inn, especially as Heralds aren't strict with wearing their (Legendary) gear at times, tend to explore a lot, and often make friends with almost everyone.

It's by design that it has been coded with bouncers but isn't entirely safe. And yes, toss works charms against avoiding PK, if you're not lagged.

By the way, you can email me at Raltevio@carrionfields.com to dicuss Olachmhet's interest in Herald if you wish. I did not get an opportunity to weigh in on your death thread.
126219, Thanks
I sent you an email.
126176, Battle is being policed
Posted by Anon Rager on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
FWIW

I've seen maybe three notes complaining about rager behavior. Coincidence or not, two of the subjects of said notes are no longer ragers.

126193, Did you just say Heralds should be exempt from PK?
Posted by Kowelu Rizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The idea that Heralds aren't fair game should be rooted out mercilessly. Want to die a slow, agonizing death by boredom?
126199, Not at all. I said the worlds greatest, proudest warriors shouldn't be making innkeepers their focus with more difficult targets around.
It's tres gay, and it's even worse when they don't do better at it than they did.
126226, If you're a level 51 mage...
...there's no way you can possibly be "just an innkeeper".
You are no ordinary barman. That you choose to associate with the Herald cabal doesn't diminish the fact you are a hero of the realms, and one of the most powerful wizards in Thera.
126228, RE: If you're a level 51 mage...
Who has no defensive or offensive cabal powers, fighting people with critical strike, resist and deathblow. It's like saying a non-rager hero warrior is the same as fighting a RBW. It's apples and deathblows.
126231, RE: If you're a level 51 mage...
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Herald mage isn't that much worse off than Fortress mage. You have wands, right? In exchange for PK oriented powers you get the cabal experience "for free", i.e without having to raid and retrieve. You only have to fight someone when you want to and not because they've forced you into a situation where role-play dictates you respond.
126232, Re: cabal powers
Not all cabals even have any powers relevant to fighting ragers.

Tribunal mage doesn't have any powers outside the city, much like a Herald doesn't have ceasefighting/toss outside the Inn. Much like a Herald he can't even take the head.

Maran mage powers don't work against neutrals. He might as well be uncaballed if he's being attacked by a neutral rager, moreover unlike the uncaballed guy he is not allowed to take revenge.

Does it mean Ragers should leave Trib, Maran and uncaballed mages alone now?

Besides, most ragers are free frags.
126015, You were the BEST
Posted by Kalliel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed this character soo much. Sorry you lost whatever interest you had. I hope you brought this back to life in some other way.

126209, Thanks a lot. :) I enjoyed dying so very very many times for your amusement.
Hopefully my nerve therapy will pay off and I can play again and compete. I typo too much right now to handle fighting other people.