Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [SCION] Nuerria Shadowborn the Macabre Dimensional Explorer, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=125908
125908, (CON LOSS) [SCION] Nuerria Shadowborn the Macabre Dimensional Explorer, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 14 21:12:08 2015

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Nuerria perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:376
125989, You were cool!
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Things have changed a lot from what I remember.

Air shifter's being one of those things (I remember them being alot tougher) but having said that you still used your forms effectively enough to be a complete pain in the backside! I founf all my interactions with you to be fairly smooth as well.

Well done! Good work sticking it out despite the dying cabal. GLWYN
125955, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Nuerria Shadowborn the Macabre Dimensional Explorer, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Bertrame on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't know you were Scion. I know we talked abou the Spark. Had hoped to get you to repent and allow your Spark to shine.
125956, Well, I was always up for a talk
Posted by Nuerria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
However, you had absolutely zero chance as I've told you in RP'ish way multiple times. When the Spark is the Shadow, one no can't repent. :) But still, enjoyed your efforts. :)
125947, Several Characters
Posted by Polmier on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done. I have fought against you as three characters including Aoirse and another I am currently playing.

All good stuff from you.

GLWYN
125957, I did entertain Aoirse at times
However, your criticals > my punches even in full ABS. Also, weren't you pole as well? Frustration at pole specs for me, albeit I still tried. Thanks for the kind words, I wasn't doing anything special, just avoided being an asshole.
125926, Thanks for the kind words, people!
I have met quite a number of people over the year and a half I was playing Nuerria and have accomplished roughly half of my goals for the char, which was both satisfying and not. :) Soo... A couple of points:

1) First shifter ever despite playing for a good 20 years (off and on). I never liked the random mechanic and not being able to talk and RP all the time. As it was the only class I've never played, I wanted the right opportunity and personal mindset to play a shifter.

2) Anathema "flaw" from the start since there was an Imperial gank for the most of the latest times and I just wanted to be clear on where I stand on that point.

3) I became Scion _after_ the scepter lost the power, thus never had any cabal powers in my life. Was trying to get something going in the direction of power restoration, never got anything off the ground. Thus, I was able to CB to myself and have a bless spot for about a half of char's life. :)

4) After the complete shuttering, I decided to stay in "Scion" as opposed to pursuing Scarab mostly because I had no real basis to go Scarab as it wasn't really aligned with the "shadow and magic" theme, and was a religion-based entity.

5) I have tried to provide numerous RP hooks and even had a few nice talks to someone (IMM) nice enough to take pity on me in the general vague direction of getting to Shadow Plane, but that never got off the ground in any real sense for some reason. Guessing that having no IMM invested in that direction and/or disjointed hours led to that. I got in towards the end of the char's life, but totally without any IMM assistance, which was a bit unfortunate.

6) Also tried to provide other RP hooks, but that got nowhere either. I'm not bitter about it, just a bit sad as the char had more potential (both RP and PK-wise) to enrich the game if given the opportunity.

7) Don't think I ever done any of the various assortment of garbage that's possible to do and was done by other people to me, except for a small snark here and there.

8) It's incredibly hard to finish people, even with a falcon and orangutan combo. (Cobra has no lagging and can't tank, thus I usually ignored it for PK purposes. Its 1/3 chance of a neuro that lasts two rounds and must be prepped for outside of combat is very garbagy.)

9) Big thank you for giving me a cobra to complement the orangutan! Really helped out in PVE and exploration.

10) The last few deaths were just trying to condie without rolling over completely.

11) I usually let other people kill me when it seemed at least a 30/70 fight, I prefer to win with low hp 30% of the time and die the other 70% to flying away anytime am close to death.

12) Some combos were just impossible for me to defeat, for example any STSF, most ragers and necros. I guess that's by design.

13) I won't mention specific people because I'm bound to forget tons of good ones, but thank you all except for the few bad apples! Ask and I will reply if anything. :)
125967, Fantastic
Posted by Jeede, on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just a great presence. Fighting with you and bantering against you with words (like trying to get you to accept that you should embrace the Temple) was just fun. I am also quite glad we finally were able to go somewhat deeper into that secret place. I would ask (as I was asked) that you don't use what I showed you to go there unless your new character is showed, and that you don't share that info with anyone. I am sure it will become common knowledge eventually, but for now it is part of a story arc. And finally... I can't believe martial trance dropped at THE WORST TIMES, and it only seemed to be when you and I were conspiring to take down the monster.
125977, Don't worry
Thanks for showing, I just HAD to know. :) I won't use or share that knowledge - that would be fairly bad thing to do and I don't do that. :) Also, we had him TWICE, too bad it didn't happen. Damn you, trance.
125912, You were an interesting one.
Posted by Nydfeldt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd have liked to have gotten a bit more in our conversations but I enjoyed them, regardless. GLWYN
125958, Somehow we found ourselves fighting
Am Magic/Shadow, you're Nature/Magic, we align on one and clash on another. I did try to make peace without cuddling at the end, but I wasn't going to reveal any secrets of the Shadow to you. :) You did oppose it after all.
125969, You darn right, I'd have been in there trying to destroy everything.
Posted by Nydfeldt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
;)
125911, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Nuerria Shadowborn the Macabre Dimensional Explorer, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed watching this character. I especially loved your perseverance despite your cabal being phased out. Solid all around.
125961, Thanks for watching! :)
Unfortunately, you probably had no RP reason to immteract with me, but I do believe in "see something, say something" system with regards to that. Of course, can't force my worldview on anyone, but if immteraction happened randomly out of the blue, I know I personally would consider it a highlight of the char.
125910, Nice murdershifter
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whenever you were on, I was absolutely sure that all I had to do to bring you in a fight was just standing in the open for less than a minute. 90% of the time it worked, other 10%, I guess you were busy with someone else.
125959, Rpshifter preferably
I wouldn't call myself a murdershifter. :) Unfortunate that I don't think I ever got you dead, albeit it came close a couple of times.
125909, As someone who was an ally at your beginnings...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...and enemy later through several characters, this was a really impressive effort.

Great job sticking with a character a lot of people would have deleted after SCION was closed.
125960, I joined after it was closed effectively
Thus no going back, really. At first, I thought I wouldn't last too long, but then kinda got into the swing of things. Of course, having no powers sucked, especially going against everyone else with full powers, but that's ok, sometimes it's refreshing to play an underdog to the whole mud.