Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Fvilar the Adept of Faith
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=125827
125827, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Fvilar the Adept of Faith
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Oct 5 19:38:35 2015

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Fvilar perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:30
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:49
125828, Too childish to CF!
Posted by Kindergartner on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Actually couldn't really get past the team killing aspect of the cabal and there weren't enough PK opportunities mid-ranges and I got impatient and moved on to other stuff. Also did not want to spend any time with a certain someone who likes to plague the cabal Sunwarden branch.

Deormdel, really neat religion and I enjoyed our interactions. I'm sorry I fizzled so early but I'm going to change some things up and try again later. I really wanted to learn the drawbacks of Malice but just wasn't patient enough to get there.

Sorry Strienat! Was hoping to interact more with you and actually play an Outlander role while doing so instead of Battle this time.

On to the next!
125829, Good job
Posted by Adira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Will miss trying to orchestrate your death. I especially enjoyed our interaction before you joined the tree when Strienat had to come and yell at me - that was fun.

125831, Yeah, Strienat is always so defensive of wardens :) NT
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
125830, Damned.
Posted by Veszyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was looking forward to you trying to make good on your threats!
125832, RE: Too childish to CF!
Posted by Strienat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hate to see this, I watched it when it happened last night and was unhappy because I really wanted to see how you took things.

RE: Outlander Infighting

Yes, this blows. But at the same time, you have 3 alignments in a cabal that aren't really supposed to mesh. It's hard to handle this dynamic, but it also makes things fun. Since handling Outlander, I have seen both sides be strong enough to where the other goes into these low points like the Warden's portion is now. I have tried, and I hope you saw this when you played and during your induction, to create safe spots that are all of the Tree's. I might have to look at expanding these, but that will be something that only time will tell.

RE: People in Outlander

I'm sorry people caused issues. I know that I had some stuff about that sent my way, and I wish you had stuck it out as I believe that could have been handled. I have done my best to pay attention and prod people in the direction that the Warden's branch needs to head, and with Drehir around I get to do that a little more. Unfortunately, I have just went back to school two nights a week so that has caused a bit of issues on my time. I hope that you will come back and try Outlander, even if it's not a Warden, again soon.

I do try to take up for the Wardens because they are weaker and in my mind harder to play. Reavers are simple: Go kill Tribunal/etc. Wardens are asked from the start to do more than just destroy things. And that's not an easy thing to play, and it's not as popular. That's why I try to get out there and have conversations on cabal chat, even with others of the other branches around. The perceived weaker side of the Tree should be seen having a benefactor that supports them.

Once again, thanks for playing, I hope you come back soon. Enjoy your next, whatever it may be.
125833, Warden is amazingly hard
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And not only to play, but to grasp the meaning and purpose of the branch. Ok we all get the "nurture the growth" and "protect life", but how can those be actually played other than talking, and what would be significant difference from acolytes - that is the question.

Having dwelled deep into the outlanders lore, I still don't get it.
125836, RE: Warden is amazingly hard
Posted by Rdenbrel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>And not only to play, but to grasp the meaning and purpose of
>the branch. Ok we all get the "nurture the growth" and
>"protect life", but how can those be actually played other
>than talking, and what would be significant difference from
>acolytes - that is the question.
>
>Having dwelled deep into the outlanders lore, I still don't
>get it.

Oh how I understand you! :)
This is why i just took a brake with character. Near thirty roles, hundreds dialogues about 'growth of life' and all in vain.
Strienat wants ACTION not just talking! :) But if you'd given me damn skill to plant trees and i'd go plant the damn trees and enhancing the life! :) But you did not. :)I wrote roles that i'm a healer and surgeon and walked and healed all here and there with my songs, wanted even to open a fieldhospital with Bildot, but you wanted from me some other ACTION.. Killing foes of the tree or what action? I just could not understad what you really wanted... So prefered to drop it, and start with my third char.

125842, RE: Warden is amazingly hard
This does not really fit because you are talking about my religion compared to the Warden branch of the Tree.

There are similar and different things about them. To put it in a condensed version:

Wardens - Work to teach others to live within Thar-Eris and accept it. Has the task of growing Thar-Eris after the Reavers destroy the cities (yes, there's no specific power that does this.)

Strienat Religion - Has a basis in creating life for the world. This is not just Thar-Eris. Wants to allow the flow of life to continue through the chaotic forces that life is embodied by. Very big on free will.
125848, RE: Warden is amazingly hard

>
>Strienat Religion - Has a basis in creating life for the
>world. This is not just Thar-Eris. Wants to allow the flow
>of life to continue through the chaotic forces that life is
>embodied by. Very big on free will.

Aye.creating life. you told it. what can she do? Plant tree? Born a child? Born,damn, many children and plant a forest. really very big on free will :) but God, how can she do it in game?:)
allow the flow of life? But who forbid it? She was walking, healing, allowing other to live on..
no , I still can not comprehend what ye wanted from her. :)
125849, RE: Warden is amazingly hard

>

Aye.creating life. you told it. what can she do? Plant tree? Born a child? Born,damn, many children and plant a forest. really very big on free will :) but God, how can she do it in game?:)
allow the flow of life? But who forbid it? She was walking, healing, allowing other to live on..
125850, RE: Warden is amazingly hard

>

125839, RE: Warden is amazingly hard
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not really. I think people forget it is ok to develop your own take on things as long as it does not diverge to far from cabal Dogma (I'm looking at Arven) and sometimes religion and Cabal are not the same things. I don't think I could play a Strienat follower successfully, but I can definitely play a Warden. I think playing a Baer Warden is pretty tough, although current situation would actually make that easier. A Warden in general will be more of a nurturing type, but they don't have to be.
125834, you might want to have dumb-a nightreaver
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
stop killing wardens when empire raids

that seems hugely against the hunter/home mentality of reavers and the tree and which comes first
125841, RE: you might want to have dumb-a nightreaver
If you are who I think you are, you are more than welcome to e-mail me and I will explain in detail to you about what has happened to cause you to be unhappy. That being said, there is not one Warden who has not been inducted, or Reaver for that matter, that has not been told that you run the chance of getting killed by the opposite side outside of any place but the Tree. As I said earlier, I might expand that based on something that has happened recently. But everyone has been made fully aware of this.

As stated in my reply at the beginning of this thread: Outlander is a group of 3 different alignments trying to bring back a natural and perhaps more primal world. At the same time, I expect those alignments to act like their alignment. If I see a evil and a goodie skipping hand in hand down Eastern Road, I am going to be angry. But if I see those same two, when not fighting their enemies fighting each other, then that is following their alignment. I'm sorry you do not like this, and if this is the case, Outlander might not be the place for you.
125843, sorry
i do not want to derail or bash an active character that i feel simply doesn't measure up to the leader spot.

you know how to run your cabal and you do a fantastic job, Strienat. sorry to make it seem otherwise, i think you're fantastic.

i have zero qualm with reavers hunting wardens. i've had my own nightreaver and sunwarden each on top of 10 other hero outlanders. it's just bad outlander rp in terms of advancing Thar-Eris for a nightreaver to actively prioritize and kill other outlanders in RAID and RETRIEVAL situations.

anyway, keep it up, you're great
125844, RE: sorry
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You've had 12 hero outlanders? That's nuts.

Fun fact: the most hero characters I've had in any one cabal is 7 (Fortress). Next highest is a tie at 2 between Outlander, Empire and Dawn.

Never had a hero Scion, Battle, Tribunal, Orc, Scarab, Nexus or Herald.

I need to branch out.
125845, yes. 5 in just the last 2 years
mayal
jawhar
addeka
jegoba
storm ranger

and i think i had 1 or 2 that hit mid 40s in between
125851, I remember your shot at Battle
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You, me, and some other guy were leveling LAMMF in Darsylon and someone came and pked you and you were like "Ok done". You were a dagger spec applicant. I forget what the hell I was even playing then.

Man, I can't even count how many hero chars I've had, let alone which cabal I've had the most in. Probably close between Fort and Empire, with Empire winning because Fort is newer than Empire. If you count Knights, probably "Team Good" cabal.

Never had a Scarab. Yet.
125852, RE: I remember your shot at Battle
Yeah, I was planning to do a riff on Graatch's arial mace/dagger. I don't remember the circumstances of that deletion, but I was probably thinking to myself, "If I'd just been able to quaff a potion I'd be alive right now. WTF BATTLE?!?"

At one time I think I had a cloud sword spec applicant who also never got in. Or who maybe got in but rage deleted shortly thereafter.

Couple years ago I tried to compile a list of all my "hero or near hero range" characters. It's actually not that long of a list. Since 1998 I only count 33. Plus a bunch of other lowbies I rage deleted before they ever amounted to anything.

Pretty sure my first ever PK was in 2001. True confession time: I probably only got it because I wrote a flyto/murder bot. :(
125902, Not to derail the thread but..
Posted by Raltevio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I should set up a post in another forum for "first time PK stories."

My first PK was in '04 maybe. Certainly before Dex changes. Storm giant mace spec. An assassin ran up to me, tried to trip me to death while I was duel wielding maces.

In blind panic I think I just sat there and the guy lagged himself to death on me in 3 rounds. My first ever PK.. was accidental.
125903, RE: Not to derail the thread but..
Should totally create that thread. I'm sure there are some good ones.
125835, Wait, what?
Posted by Adira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Obviously, this is OOC - I feel I need to say that because we are both active characters.

Unfortunately, and obviously, you don't really understand Reaver Dogma if you really believe they are "simple". It's not, "go kill Tribunal/etc." That would be like saying that Maran was simple because it was all about "go kill evil/etc." There is a lot more going on than just murdering everyone... and the more you can see the depth of the Reaver branch, the more intriguing and exciting the branch really is. In the words of Kent Clark, "There's alot more here folks."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhIEfxRLiPI

125838, You got him wrong
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He was saying reavers were simple to play (which is true), not simple.
125840, RE: Wait, what?
Don't get me wrong, Adira. You're right, there's more to all the branches than there seems to. But on the surface, the most basic part of each of the branches, the Reavers branch is easier for most people to play. It has a more basic underlying plan behind it: burn. If you disagree with this, or you feel that you see it another way, you are more than welcome to e-mail me and we can converse about it in greater detail.

Disclaimer: This is obviously not an in depth discussion of cabal dogma and should not be taken that way.
125846, I feel you should stop posting...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...because never met you in game but your posts make you kinda seem like a tool.
125847, Playing "goodies" is always harder than playing "evil". nt
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt