Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Eliara Irisalthis the Priestess of the Jaguar, Marshall of the Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=125527
125527, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Eliara Irisalthis the Priestess of the Jaguar, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Sep 13 14:25:01 2015

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Eliara perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:329
125561, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Eliara Irisalthis the Priestess of the Jaguar, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Lithodora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, so, I just realized you guys probably deleted my other post because you took it as a criticism of Eliara. That wasn't the intent. When I said "Boo! Hiss!" it was over the deletion and not the character. Sorry for the confusion.
125562, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Eliara Irisalthis the Priestess of the Jaguar, Marshall of the Fortress
Also I'm apparently blind. Not sure why I thought that post was deleted. Disregard the above.
125552, And the ride is over....
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So much to say...

First, to Baer. Thanks for the ride. It was a good one for sure. I knew coming it was going to be rough to find a time to fit, but it worked ok, I wish I could have stuck it out to the tattoo, but I don't think I'd have made it far after anyway.

Lots of folks over 329 hours.... A few standouts:

Lithodora - It was fun running with you when we could. You have a hard spot now with what's going on... But you're doing a great job.

Ashworth - Good work man, you made a great baer pally.

All the other forties, you were great, interactions were, as always pretty awesome.

Enemies - The fun part, most of my enemies were fairly civil. I really didn't get looted a whole lot for the most part. there were a few standouts recently.

Varaez - Yeah, early on, you did have some trouble, but did catch on after a bit.

Quintus - I really got turned off by your vaguely ooc craptalking. But I tried very hard to work around it. You seemed to be a decent fellow

Gaspere - Really, the only interaction I had with you was the griping about coming at you in the lands at the same time as Varaez. At least you did it moderately more ICly than other folks, but man, get over it. Just because two people pick that same targets, doesn't necessarily mean that they are coordinating. The fact that you kept bringing it up ever after that, kind of soured it for me....

And that brings me to...

SodSob - I understand that if you want to do what you've done an amass that many charges in a single weapon(s), you have to play pretty conservatively. So I understood a lot of the running you did early on as you were trying to build it. But man, I can count on one hand the number of engagements that you didn't have at least one other person with you. Even after you got all those charges. You caught me once on eastern, with my aura down when I didn't know it, and were totally like "See, I can kill you alone." I just shook my head. Then you turned the tables when you got the charges and still didn't want to fight where it was even close to even odds. All of that would have been ok, if you had even a shred of RP. Now, not all of it was bad, you were not even a little bit loot tastic against me. Pretty sure I got my whole set minus coins everytime you got me. But still, there's more to the game than bash. bash, bash.</rant>

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of folks, but now I'm just starting to get grumpy, so post, and I'll reply.
125570, Did you have that templar danger sense whatever?
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've noticed that the only times when I could get you were when I was setting a snare and leaving the area. If it was otherwise, you were always anticipating bearcharge or just not going in.

Anyway - nice appearance, much less frustrating for me than Rilanith was due to lack of protective shield and all seeing eye :)
125539, That kind of sucks
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you. Tough. Been surprising seeing a few of your deaths on the twitter.
125546, I think they've nerfed either anticipate or avoid a little bit
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The bash rate I've experienced on our hero monks recently is greatly increased compared to what I remember from before.

Of course, I might be seeing things.
125547, I don't believe so.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To my knowledge, no changes have been made to the math behind anticipate, avoid or bash in the recent time.

Now, what tactics/preps/edges/user error/etc. might be a factor, who knows.
125549, Agreed
If you catch them with pants down and can permalag, they have problems.

If they have avoid up, less so.
125558, Absolutely.
It would be nice though, if all the virtues would work for all the dedications. Still having skills tied to Parry as a skill kind of stinks... Makes some of the virtues only half baked.... Especially when avoid very much takes into account weapon knowledge, but doesn't seem to benefit from the skill in fortitude that allows for better knowledge of weapons the paladin doesn't know.... Or Essense of Temperence, which fires only on Parry... Maybe someone could put that into the mix some time? :)
125560, RE: Absolutely.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Avoid takes into account Essence of Temperance, and in fact the bonus is pretty significant.

I haven't played a Paladin in a very long time and I don't feel cross-referencing all the skills with all the virtues, if something is obviously not working right I may find time to take a look.

125565, I think it is probably working fine
Using a weapon he doesn't know I can't hit him much at all when avoid is up. But when it isn't he takes quite a beating. Then puts it up and sends me running.
125559, Bearcharge
I think if I'd not been lazy and prepped a little more for the fights we had, they would have gone a bit differently. I didn't even bother to enlarge(Probably the biggest factor)
125571, You're totally correct on the size factor
It's more than huge.
125554, RE: That kind of sucks
Thanks. I used to think Dwarf was the only one to go monk with, I was wrong. Elf Monk is by far superior. To be honest, once you get anticipate, you really only die when you are stupid, outnumbered, or lazy. Most of my deaths were pretty much that. after about 200 hours, I didn't even use basic preps beyond what I could do with class supps/skills. I remember going in to the mountains, at least three times, knowing that Gromm was there with a snare(He was very predictable) thinking I'll just let anticipate do it's job, and whamo, permalagged to death, or whamo, her comes the cheetah to help...Or whammo, forgot to put up anticipate... You get the picture.
That's not to say that some people didn't engineer some decent attempts/kills on me. I'm sure they did, I died a lot. But for me as a paladin, I find if I want to get above 50 kills, I'm probably going to go about even on kill/death ratio.
125572, Or whammo, forgot to put up anticipate...
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Haha, that's my favorite :) That one time with cheetah though, it was accidental and you'd die anyway, I think.
125536, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Eliara Irisalthis the Priestess of the Jaguar, Marshall of the Fortress
Boo! Hiss!
125555, Sorry to leave you in the lurch
Figured it was time to stop feedin charges to Sodsob.
125563, RE: Sorry to leave you in the lurch
Well there are more ways to do that than deleting. But yeah. I now expect you to roll a nudist cleave-spamming anti-paladin whose village was burned by Sodsob.
125573, I think Lith has fed him more :) NT
NT
125528, :(
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too bad. Was looking forward to getting on up to hero range and trying to turn Fort around a bit.
Glwyn
125556, RE: :(
Well now you can do it with the Marshall's spot. Lots of good forties on the up and up. You'll be fine without me I'm sure.