Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Ireswyn the Grand Mistress of Artistry, Enemy of the Refuge
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=125522
125522, (DELETED) [None] Ireswyn the Grand Mistress of Artistry, Enemy of the Refuge
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Sep 13 08:35:08 2015

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Ireswyn perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:440
125543, I always wondered why you were Enemy of the Refuge
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I think just about everyone did, most likely even Lilyth didn't know the reason. But once you've got the title - that was it, and we all were too shy to ask.

P.S. I think you were the closest to having a second outlander death when I and Ssaynblith had you bashlocked in Feanwyn. But you were so lucky avoiding both bearcharge and savage blow I couldn't believe it, and too bad I didn't know bearcharge mechanics by then :) GLWYN
125530, Brief Goodbye
Posted by Ireswyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I rolled Ireswyn about a year ago, with a simple goal. Have a character in CF to mess around with when I felt like logging in. If anything in RL came out, I would log out or drop link, without exception (can't prioritize CF over anything, so sorry if I seemed to be evading people at times by logging out- RL happens.)

I had no intention of ever joining a cabal, or really doing anything of any significance. Really she was just a char to kill a few mobs and help anyone who asked. Which led to me traveling with imperials, which is why Lilyth hunted me, which is why I raided the tree and helped people take the fetish in response. As an enemy, I think the only Outlander that killed me was Hoyspesis. Adira at the end got me when I was going to delete anyway, so I let her betray me. Though using the spirit knight was weak. I was hoping she would raid the empire with me then take the codex from my corpse.

Had a little fun, Daev's scavenger hunt was a blast, but over the last few months I would log in and just found almost nothing to do, so would sit in the Inn reading stories and talking to people and giving whatever help I could.

Once I lost everything I had to a bug in the arena, I was going to delete, but I decided to see just how quickly I could regear the same exact set (except quest gear)
With some help, I think I got almost everything back in about 2.5 hours. So that's pretty good.

I tried to be friendly to everyone, so hopefully I helped a few people out in my time wandering Thera.

Marintok: I hope you do well up there in Imm land, the last char of yours I was just as big a fan of as I was Marintok, sorry about all the deaths I caused you in our adventures.
125542, RE: Brief Goodbye
Posted by marintok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man the gear thing is right, after one of my many deaths you would look at me and say "Yeah we can get something to make that better, it will be easy" And then I would die horribly, and you would get it by yourself and give it to me. HAHAHAHAH

Seriously though you were a firend through thick and thin, it didn't matter if there was no one against me and the land was balanced you were there, or if there was six villagers defending, I believe you actually said once its only six of them and there is two of us.

Anyways know I was a big fan, and you made the hard times just a little bit easier, glad I made a impression and good luck with your next.

Marintok

p.s. And yeah I was pretty sure every time we went exploring I would die at least once, but hey it was worth it.
125529, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ireswyn the Grand Mistress of Artistry, Enemy of the Refuge
Posted by Nydfeldt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We spoke of it a few times but you never showed me any desire to actually change so there was no way that I could ever bring myself to ask for the removal of your title. Not too often did we seem to come at odds but knowing that you helped raid a few times got me hard against you to begin with. In the end, we had some interesting matches and I think you ended up in the better of our battles but I did enjoy most of them, the last one was frustrating though.

Regardless, well done on a long lived character and GLWYN
125532, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ireswyn the Grand Mistress of Artistry, Enemy of the Refuge
If you never attacked me, I likely would never have struck you first. But you started it in Eil Sheria :)

I was always wary of the sea when you were around though. She had over 1300 hp with her set, so I was never in much danger of dying if people couldn't lag me, since I had no aspirations to really land PKs myself I was overly risk averse, which probably annoyed a few people.

It's one of the perks of being uncaballed though, no person can really goad you into a fight or get one on their terms.
125525, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ireswyn the Grand Mistress of Artistry, Enemy of the Refuge
Posted by Hurk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had so much fun with you. I could tell you knew the game inside and out, so much fun traveling with you. Learned alot, and was glad I got to hold a dragon for once in his life!
125533, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ireswyn the Grand Mistress of Artistry, Enemy of the Refuge
You and Marintok, two of my favorite characters.

I always had a great time when we wandered around together.
125524, Well done!
Posted by Bildot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't get a chance to travel much but having a competent and knowledgeable bard around with a fun RP angle is a treat! Come to the Inn!
125523, Great Character
Posted by Seeker of the Dragon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love learning new things and I never got to repay you! You were a mystery to me that I wanted to discover but I was too late to the game.
125531, RE: Great Character
Don't worry about it, I was happy to share what I knew, good luck getting it. :)