Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Aufang Nerro the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Rhyme of Resistance
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=125401
125401, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Aufang Nerro the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Rhyme of Resistance
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Sep 2 10:50:06 2015

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Aufang perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:315
125421, Good job, dude
Posted by Tiissana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As far as I saw it, you were great for the island. Too bad it grows stale, I've been there. :(
125430, RE: Good job, dude
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you. Tiissana was a great enemy to have and trade front-claw extensions with ;> That first time you took them I expected that you would and was hoping I didn't come across as pissed about it. I was just grumpy with myself and the RNG at how I died.

I've always defended deathblow but I ate at a ton of deaths with this character sponsored by DB. Some were bitter, there was no doubt, but, that's deathblow for you. I think that particular fight ended with Varnon dropping two on me in a row.
125431, RE: Good job, dude
Posted by Tiissana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Deathblow < Vanguard, the latter wipes it off plus takes care of the ambush and a host of other things. In addition, you can lag, trance, and mark me to always see me. Advantage: you IMHO. Mad props for coming to fight vs 2-3 to retrieve though.

It's hard saying nothing when you lose a piece like the front extensions (or all your things out of range,) but that's Deormdel for ya. :)
125411, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Aufang Nerro the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Rhyme of Resistance
Posted by Aaoltha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had a ton of fun with you as Aaoltha. Great character on every level. GLWYN.
125412, Thank you
The feeling is mutual. Plus you helped me fit into the Deormdel role very well. I actually began to feel kind of self-conscious because I kept referring to you so much when talking to other new followers. You did a heck of a job laying ground work that I'm sure there will be remnants of far down the road if we ever decide to go Deormdel again.
125406, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Aufang Nerro the Dai Sensei of th...
Posted by Dundlin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had alot of fun playin with you when you were around. Didn't see much of you at the end. Sorry you got bored. You should have been around the last week or so. Seems all I see is more imperials and less heralds. Oh well. Thanks for everything. See you around.
125408, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Aufang Nerro the Dai Sensei of th...
Yes. I had a lot of fun too. Glad we finally got to have the talk about Deormdel. Good luck with that and hope you succeed. You were always up for taking items (head) and what not and that was nice to have around. Especially where most of the time you are alone.
125403, See you all
It was a fun character. It just got boring as hell. Some might point out that my logins were less frequent lately but that didn't have anything to do with it. It's just one of those times that I couldn't play as often. The dagger was when I could log in I would be excited to do so but when I would Id find I didn't have much to do and it was boring. The world would be balanced or the range would be thin. Also a lot of people are playing heralds and tribunals right now.

Heralds in plenty make it rough on Nexus. They are typically varied enough where they don't skew the balance one way or another and they aren't involved in cabal wars. I did like many of the heralds (Daph!!) but I can only sit in the inn and BS so much. If I wanted that I could just as easily join a chat room or something and talk about something actually meaningful to myself. I gotta have PK. I was really interested in what was happening with this whole quest that's going on and tried to get involved but I guess I wasn't meant to.

Tribunal makes Order sway, obviously, but it's a pain in the ass going after them. They sit in town and you have to accept a flag if you want to fight them. That's a ####ty penalty for an assassin in my opinion. I hated being wanted because it messed with your ability to hide and move freely. They can also see you as an assassin in town. So really what it meant for me was id have to find an imperial or random orderly person to go after. The whole dynamic is just dumb.

That was recently though. I'm not trying to end on a bitchfest. I'm just pointing out the reason for my boredom. The low player base exacerbates that. There were times when lots would happen and things were fun.

I fought lots of Villagers. For the most part, with the exception of some behavior along the lines that I found irritating and un-ragerly, they were all solid and fun opponents to have. I play lots of Villagers and so I found a lot of fun in being opposed to them. It also helps that it pretty much only takes one or two hero Villagers to log in to make the Veil thick. Thanks to most of you for some fun times.

I only interacted with 2 imms in character that I recall. Deormdel and Verathi.
Deormdel: thank you for the tat. I hope I was an adequate follower. I tried catching up with you at the end but it didn't seem we lined up. I didn't want you to feel like I got the tat and that was it. It was cool having the tat but I got to admit a little disappointment that it was more for RP and show. I will also admit that a big part of that is rooted in this being my second tat in a row that didn't give me much in the way of mechanical rewards. Part of the fun for me in this game is setting goals for milestones and achieving those milestones and getting some perks for doing so. Does that make me powergamey? Maybe it does but I feel like I do a good job RPing and staying in character. Anyway, it's not so much a complaint as feedback and I enjoyed the whole experience otherwise. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Verathi: it was fun interacting with you from the other side. You were basically like the overseer of all my enemies and I tried to keep it respectful but competitive at the same time. Glad you didn't ever smite me!

Oh and Marintok: congrats on making hero imm. I enjoyed your char both as Magner and as Aufang. It was fun hearing you make reference over the CB to Magner one time.

Assassin was fun as always and can be really deadly but also has a lot of drawbacks many aren't aware of and only a few try to exploit. I wanted to be more assassinatey when I rolled up but went on a string of what felt like a dozen failed assassinates early on that was morale crushing for me. Just awful RNG luck I guess so I went back to being a fighting assassin. It made me a bit more predictable and less fearsome but I think from a player standpoint many respected it a bit more. I also was very aggressive with this character. I took lots of chances and sometimes ones that were just plain stupid. It stung a little later as I knew better but what the hell. It was fun.

Sorry for bad formatting. Typing from iPhone.

This character was about 4 months old. I saw many come and go. I'll hold off on individual goodbyes because of that. Please feel free to post and I will respond.
125407, Aufang
Posted by Deormdel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Aufang. I watched you before you came to me originally and I felt you did a good job and kept your RP the entire time. I am glad that you did end up becoming a follower and it was fun while it was there.

I have just recently started night classes for college to try to get my bachelor's and that has caused me some little issues in finding people but I was around some and I was watching you, I just was not given the time to get to you and talk some more.

About the tat, thanks for the feedback. The things the tat does are not seen very often, but are significantly better than what most people might think in the long run. Yes, it is not flashy like other tats, but I can promise you that it took a bunch of hashing on my end to get it to do what it does and it's hard to realize how good it is when you cannot remove it and identify it. I am sorry it wasn't flashy, but my opinion is it should be the fact that you earned the tat that should make it the bigger accomplishment.

Once again, I am very glad you decided to follow me and I would be more than happy to see you come back again.
125409, RE: Aufang
Maybe there was some things I didn't understand about it. Far as I knew there was just that one particular stat bump. Either way I was not trying to sound ungrateful. I'm very appreciative for the opportunity and fun and enjoyed everything else about it and have no regrets by any means. It was not your fault and the accomplishment does mean a lot. It is really more on me as it is just something about my particular string of experiences.
125410, two in a row that were awesome
Posted by marintok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you if you couldn't tell, and you did well, too bad it all fell out on you in the end but it happens. You were not scared of any fight and you liked to mix it up so that is two of the main things I look for in a good guy to play with, glad you had fun and yeah Magner was a char worth talking about months later as I am sure aufung will be.

Marintok

Good luck with your next.
125418, You were ALWAYS ALWAYS awesome to me, and I;'m going to miss the char.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't say much more without giving away my current, but big brohugs to you.
125429, RE: You were ALWAYS ALWAYS awesome to me, and I;'m going to miss the char.
That's an awesome compliment. It does make me curious to know who you are :) But, glad I had a positive impact on your character. Thanks!
125402, Some good times.
Posted by Parandalia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a shame that our play times didn't match up at all, but when we were together, we got a lot accomplished. GLWYN and come back soon.
125404, RE: Some good times.
Absolutely! We were a great team together when we were logged in together. Lots of fun and lots of respect for your character. Good luck going forward.