Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zsztyrr Reclusia the Untamed Final Embrace, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=125374
125374, (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zsztyrr Reclusia the Untamed Final Embrace, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 29 18:18:49 2015

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Zsztyrr perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:249
125388, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zsztyrr Reclusia the Untamed Final Embrace, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Bertrame on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was so hoping to get you to repent and allow the Spark to shine within. Maybe next time.
125391, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zsztyrr Reclusia the Untamed Final Embrace, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by silat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Redemption wasn't really in the cards for Zsztyrr. Far too feral and bloodthirsty. I enjoyed our brief talks, but it's hard to carry on a conversation with a ranger--especially when I'm also trying to talk to other rangers and transmuters.
125414, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zsztyrr Reclusia the Untamed Final Embrace, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Bertrame on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can imagine the difficulty talking with Rangers. I get that a lot. Still attempt to get you to repent was a goal. Would have loved a shot to help tame things a bit. Maybe next time.
125383, Sucks to go out like that.
Posted by Nydfeldt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was looking forward to learning how to fight alongside you. Shamans are kickass allies and as a Nightreaver, we could certainly have been very deadly. Regardless, it was fun. Come on back soon.
125390, RE: Sucks to go out like that.
Yeah, just seemed like whenever we were on together, it was semi-suicidal retrieval time, hah. Enjoyed our time, however.
125378, Thanks
Had a blast with Zsztyrr, thanks to everyone for the good interactions. I went on a week long vacation, and sort of lost steam with the character. Getting back and having the roaming Hamsah bounty hunter full loot me was sort of the kick in the crotch that pushed me over the edge. I know I'm not the only player who thinks that's just an anti-fun mechanic, but oh well.

Shaman is super fun at low and mid ranks. You have a ton of choices for every fight. Because of this, I ranked up slowly, enjoying the PK. Especially when I had gathered a really good set for that level, I tried to not be that guy curb-stomping my level range. If I killed you semi-recently, I wasn't going to be hunting you.

Of course, this changes at hero. Well-geared (high SVS, high damroll) players basically laugh off everything a shaman can do while pummeling them into the ground. Venoms was fun, and probably over-powered at midranks, but I found myself fighting way more dwarves than I ever planned for. Especially dwarves with mithril hammers! You guys were the worst, seriously. My inability to kill you lot drove an ever-increasing IC hatred for dwarves of all shapes and sizes.

I chose drow for the RP of it. Sneak was fun, as was 24 Dex. The Spider's Grace edge almost made up for the shortcomings, and really let me turn a few fights around with aristaeia. Not to the ever-present mention 24% dodge skill from fervor.

Drehir--Thanks for the interactions, particularly the random ones. I'm not sure that I really had a good grasp of your religion, but I was trying. Sorry for not sticking it out.

See you all in the fields. Respond and I'll answer.
125386, RE: Thanks
Posted by Drehir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As your PBF states, you were doing a good job with the Religion.
I could tell you were not getting back into the groove of it again
though. I was hopeful that you would keep with it but alas.

Well done and good luck with your next.
125392, RE: Thanks
Oh well! You're doing a great job, so keep it up. I wondered a little at the complete lack of IMM xp (I only got 150, and that was for my desc), but it didn't really bother me. Kind of served as motivation to keep trying harder int he religion, hah.
125389, RE: Thanks
Posted by Bromgrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As one of those dwarves I can attest you had a hard time of it against us. It wasn't so much the mithril hammers I think, as the dern's armour saves + poison resistance.

But you still came to give me ball-ache anyway and it was never certain I would win (one of the logs you posted attests to that!, on that note have you got that one where Gromm ensnared the vindicator near the high tower of sorcery and i stood there bearcharged for a while? I really want to see that one: a worthy death and great kill).

It was a shame you mostly had to retrieve from us, instead of the other way around. Maybe its because you had to fight Empire too much? I cant say but if you had a couple of players willing to get that WANTED flag by raiding the spire so I had to come to you I would be a lot less effective.

Beyond fights i enjoyed our RP too, simplistic but I think thats how it should be between enemies, mutual respect when we are murdering each other!
125393, RE: Thanks
You underestimate the power of mithril hammers. Shaman's don't know maces, and combine that with the mithril vuln and cranial lag meant I had very few chances to try to land supps.

Top that off with high SVS and poison/disease resistance and BAH!

Outlander just didn't have enough active players to regularly raid. I did it a handful of times, but it takes a long time solo as a shaman. The time I did force you out to the tree, things swung pretty heavily in my favor. The spire is pretty active now, so there were often mid-rank magistrates who could retrieve.

Most folks (you excluded) are rightfully wary of trying to retrieve against insects. Most everyone who tried it solo against me died since insects, blind, malice in the Prosimy is a death sentence for anyone.

You were a good foe, classy all around. Keep on trucking.
125394, forgot to say, i sadly don't have that fight logged nt
nt
125395, Shame, that was great, even though I lost nt
Posted by Bromgrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
125377, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zsztyrr Reclusia the Untamed Final Embrace, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Lithodora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't interact much, but from a distance you seemed pretty cool. Come back with more of the same!
125380, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zsztyrr Reclusia the Untamed Final Embrace, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Normally, 24 dex made it hard to consistently trip me. But that last time outside Galadon, you landed every trip and almost every cheap shot. Ouch!
125381, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zsztyrr Reclusia the Untamed Final Embrace, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Lithodora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, that was kind of ugly. I think Selionar told you at the time, but he and I didn't coordinate that at all.
125376, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zsztyrr Reclusia the Untamed Final Embrace, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Mokhko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awwwww maaaaaaaaan! Never got the chance to kill you once. Got close a few times though. But I always sucked at that game so.

Thanks for the few chats! Sorry that I got a bit mad that one time. You've always been class act really but that time one of your cabalmates acted in such a douche way that I just kinda lost it a bit. (Not to much though...usually I put quiet on when I know I'm about to burst)

Hopefully I'll see your other form about before I croak! (Kinda surprised I did before you though)
125379, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zsztyrr Reclusia the Untamed Final Embrace, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Close yet, but no cigar! Assassins had a rough time against me. Avatar of venom triggers on almost every assassin move, so you're just eating all sorts of nasty venoms.

You were a ballsy foe, I had a lot of respect for that. It's OK about that one time, I understand where you were coming from. However, IC, that was about as "nice" as I was going to be about it.