Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Urgandtol ChipGem the Barbarian Shade, Village Amputator, Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=125034
125034, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Urgandtol ChipGem the Barbarian Shade, Village Amputator, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jul 21 12:03:22 2015

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Urgandtol perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:238
125045, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Urgandtol ChipGem the Barbarian Shade, Village Amputator, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had my number in a big way. With what I could use for protection I was still eating some significant damage from pincers. Let alone being able to hit you while being hit a lot back nor could I get any of my songs to work. I had fought a lot of axe specs over Kregans life but nothing like you. I put it down to an axe spec that had some strength and most likely heavier axes.

125053, Yeah but I never got you...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think this char might have been a lot more successful in terms of wins if chars like Liantae and Sindrir hadn't just recently been very effective at disemboweling. It seemed like it made it top-of-mind for most everyone while they fought me (aside from the undead who laughed at the idea of disembowel) so they disengaged once they were a little over half dead as soon as pincer lag wore off.
125058, RE: Yeah but I never got you...
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah I was wary I got disembowled a lot by liantae. Further to that I was well past borrowed time for some of our fights and really wanted to try ride it out.

But I think if you were a berserker you would have definitely got me! Because as stated I really struggled to tank you drowns and elves with light axes were not so bad!
125041, Some goodbyes
Imms:
Verathi, thanks for everything. Might have to follow you with my next - you're very active and I like how you handle your interactions with mortals.

Akresius, thanks for the talks, and for making special effort to meet up.

Ysaloerye, good job laying the smack down on me that time.

Battle:
Ahjevhil, you're doing a good job as Commander. Seem to be picking a lot of fights, but though everyone asked me about it, I'd just tell them that's your place, not the Drillmaster's. Sorry to delete only a month after getting DM.

Bhelghus, I rolled largely to help you. You were the only hero in Battle at the time, and your attitude while I had been playing Ulthrok was good. Hope you enjoyed all of our eq-gathering when I had time to do so.

Trother, you seemed to lose interest right about the time I got DM. Sorry about that. I'm guessing if you had gotten it, you'd probably still be rollin' along.

Knul, thanks again for the recommendation. :)

Others - I helped a lot of you get to hero, and quite a few of you fizzled soon after. I can't really complain though, after I also fizzled. Those that are still going strong, as always, Urgandtol says "Fight well."

Enemies:
Jermet - much of my logins had become prepping. Not gathering preps for myself, but making sure you didn't have easy access to yours. :P I don't think it made a dent in you, but it was something to do after taking all the items I could and didn't have anyone to fight.

Orcs - I'm lumping you all together, sorry, but there were 3 or so that I fought with regularity and (outside of gangs/retrieval) it all came down to - am I getting completely bash-lagged or do I have time to switch and pincer. Some fun fights.

Marintok - Aside from the few times you had where you sort of seemed...well...whiny, you were a good foe to have. We had some good fights, but as I recall neither of us got the other.

Aufang - Good fights, assassinations aside.

Sindrir - Jeez you had my number, with Greeting.

Aaoltha - Nice kill on me. The confusion poison is what got me - couldn't flee the right way.

Zhabala - Finally getting you was quite an accomplishment for me. Mithril axes FTW.

Tsalantha - Nice bit of respect/honor for each other, sort of agreeing not to pile on the other when bad odds were already there. It was required of Urgandtol due to being a rager and his religion, but it was nice that you returned the favor.

Aurescmont - Our last elongated battle was fun, and kept this character alive for probably another two or three days.

Daphedee - So damned likable. Annoying. Die in a fire, mage. ;)

Kowelu - I think you got me, but I don't think you ever got me alone. Our fights were generally pretty even if we were both ready (you with barrier, me with inherent stone skin). I'd flee and bandage and return, you'd flee and cobra and return. Meh.

Valdifer - When Aurescmont was trying to retrieve and you attacked him while I fought - were you expecting/ready for me to pincer you instead of him?
125042, RE: Some goodbyes
Posted by marintok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
yeah i really liked you and we fought hundred of times but never got each other I dont think. You were always ready to mix it up, and damn you were impossible to kill, all that damage redux was just sweet.

And yeah those griefer thieves sent me for a loop for sure, as I was going through some crap at home anyway they just really did me in, I was deleting when you gave me that pep talk the last time, I just decided f*&^ them, not going to let anyone else ruin the game for me no matter how hard they try.

Good luck with your next.
125054, I was hoping the pep talk helped...
...not just to keep you from deleting, but to keep you from throwing (your character's existing) RP out the window out of frustration.

Keep on trucking.
125043, Much respect
Posted by Tsalantha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were the archetypal villager to me. Not just trying to pad their pks but able to be proud of the kills you got.

You came so close to getting me a couple of times. One of them my wimpy saved me because I'd already entered the command that would have caused me to be around long enough for the disembowel. You hit so freaking hard I couldn't do anything much to you.

The time you seemed link dead I had to let you go because you'd been so classy. It's hard to pass up charges you know you could get as an ap but for you it was easier because I liked your style. I could see a touch of the scarabite potential in you.

It was a pleasure clashing with you and hearing about your antics. The fact that you beat me senseless every time doesn't change that.
125056, Likewise...
I've never played a Scarabite and I think I'd probably be quite the disappointment to Scarabaeus if I attempted.

But you (the player) exude a sense of understanding that this is indeed a game and you try to make it fun for those around you - even when your char is a dirty evil Lich-worshipping mage.
125044, RE: Some goodbyes
Posted by Aufang on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some really good fights. That time I froze up from the fillet at the Island was pretty awesome. I can't believe I even had a chance there. Very well done. I mean if you miss that drive or something... Exciting stuff!

Yeah, I did manage to assassinate you a few times in the early ranks but you did well avoiding stalking from then on out.

All our interactions were a pleasure.
125055, I'd forgotten about the fillet thing...
I might have to try to dig up that log, should be a relatively entertaining one.
125048, Actually I got you alone, but
Posted by Kowelu Rizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that was the only time I ever got you.
That time when you said "Smashing".

I felt I had very little chance of sealing a kill so in general, yes, I was looking to take advantages. And still ended up just butting heads with you again and again.

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy it. Can't please everyone I guess.
125050, Oh, I enjoyed our fights and you in general...
...sorry if I gave you the opposite impression. I was just saying that our fights rarely seemed to have much of a chance of one of us actually dying. I'd forgotten that you got me alone once.
125060, Tough cookie.
Posted by Nydfeldt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only fought you a few times and was dumbfounded how horribly I
lost. I was thinking, Aura, Shield, Stoneskin, haste and Hide of
the Walrus or Litheness of the dolphin and up to 6 blunt hits per
round should be a cakewalk against a gnomish warrior without a
defensive spec but boy was I wrong. Not only did you out tank me but
you could heal much faster too, I think I only ever got you down to
some disgusting cuts and after seeing it a few times, I decided that
I'd change to gator all the way.

I was happier after changing my fighting style but commend you
because, as always, you were darn tough and play a very respectable
warrior. Well done.
125069, Liked your old char alot more...
Posted by Zhabala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Perhaps it was because I was not on the receiving end that time :)

But yes, villager wielding two of the best mithril axes in the game, against a dark elf healer... Well, I could kick you...!!

Great job! :)
125049, Enjoyed our fireside chat about Akresius and Marintok
Posted by Luthantulas2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would have gladly accepted a duel had you asked for it.
125037, No!
Posted by Varaez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why? I liked you..you liked me...I thought we had a thing...

Anyways, why the delete? You seemed to be a great DM, and I really enjoyed that I got to raid alongside you, even if just once. Damn it, I'm kind of mad at you! In a friendly way.

Good luck with your next.
125035, Well, this was fun, but I lost interest sadly...
For those taking notes at home, yes this build was exactly as Quas had stated on QHCF as <a href="http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?5,1052690,1052763#msg-1052763>the ultimate svirf</a>.

Except I'm pretty sure Quas would have done much better.

Still, I wanted to roll up a character for Battle when they had roughly 3 members. Ahjevhil had just been made Commander and Bhelghus DM.

Plan had been to sit at level 40ish to be the retrieval person so our hero-range guys could level up in relative peace and build Battle up some.

Then Ahjevhil wanted to group and I couldn't resist (he didn't order it or anything, it was just too tempting).

Before I knew it, I was level 44 and alone, so I finished up that night during doublexp on Thar-Acacia mages.

Unfortunately, the family trip I took to California in early July really killed my interest in Urgandtol. Coming back to the rental house at midnight system time, dead tired, and logging in just to make an appearance felt like a chore.

I thought once I got back home and on a normal schedule that might change, but it didn't. I'd been toying with deletion for a week now, finally pulled the trigger.

I feel like Battle is back on it's feet now. Ahjevhil's the big reason for that, though I do feel like the few days in my early-hero-dom where I would login and fight to retrieve at OrcTown and then stay logged in for long hours to prevent a re-raid was helpful to some degree.

As far as Drillmaster, meh. I had a few instances where I checked up on what someone was doing/thinking. Little reprimands, but nothing major. Tough for DM to watch that sort of thing in general - if someone's going to break parity, they are generally smart enough not to do it right in front of the DM. Aside from the parity thing, I did try to teach tactics, help a lot of Villagers level up and get gear, and show people around places they maybe hadn't been.

Goodbyes to come later.
125039, Bah, I knew I should've ambushed you that time
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too bad Gogoth showed around. Now I don't have memories of striking Twist aside from that time that you saved me from Jermet in graveyard :)
125040, RE: Well, this was fun, but I lost interest sadly...
Posted by Aaoltha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Easily the toughest villager i had to face. I am curious to see your PBF! You were classy and fun to fight. Well done.
125051, Glad someone could give my combo idea a whirl
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I haven't really played since Kez, I was wondering how the combo played out in regards to the change in imperial lands (previously that would have been a massive weakness if forced to retrieve often).

I am also curious how you did against the mummy/wights, I always struggled axe/hand against zombie armies and haven't really fought wights at all.
125052, Zombie Fighter edge made the difference
>I haven't really played since Kez, I was wondering how the
>combo played out in regards to the change in imperial lands
>(previously that would have been a massive weakness if forced
>to retrieve often).
>
>I am also curious how you did against the mummy/wights, I
>always struggled axe/hand against zombie armies and haven't
>really fought wights at all.

With spellbane, resist, gates, inherent stone skin, usually I could force an undead with zombie army to flee/word and then destroy as much of the army as possible.

If the Veil was thin, spellbane was less successful, so as I lost con crimson scourge was more likely to land. And really for a rager unless you're fighting really close to the Village, getting scourged means "run away right now".

Jermet got me several times due to sleep/spellup. Possibly other times that I'm forgetting. But generally I shrugged off the zombie armies for long enough.

Once I took zombie fighter, I was able to hang quite a while.

Once I took relentless assault, fights pretty much all went my way (of course Jermet stopped playing like 2 days later, so I didn't get a lot of experience against him with RA in play).

Re: Empire, I think I only ended up retrieving a handful of times against them, so not a great sampling. Gates/stoneskin went a long way toward surviving orcvillage retrievals though. Also scouting out alternate exits for when I had to flee.