Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Keara Taisteala the Warrior of the Light, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=124873
124873, (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Keara Taisteala the Warrior of the Light, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jul 13 13:16:02 2015

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Keara perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:646
124979, Not the end I Imagined
Posted by Leaf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So yeah. The end obviously wasn't what I had in mind. But as others have mentioned, there is a baby. The end of my wife's pregnancy I really faded away from any gaming at all, and logins right before and the one or two times after his birth I had zero connection to the character. Or really games. I'm a new stay at home dad, and my priority, and desire, is to just hang out with the new dude and my wife. Best thing ever.

Speaking of logins...I might well have played with/against nearly every single CFer over the past two years. I had lengthy periods of time logging in early afternoon mountain time, absurdly early morning mountain time, and everything else. Plus a lot of sleepless nights spent playing as one of a handful of players. Major surgery combined with weird sleep things made for fun bedfellows. Then I got a job and things sort of changed but not really, then the baby, and the decision I would no longer work (best decision ever, by the way). But I got to interact with some really cool people by doing that, really experience a diverse set of players and play styles. So, thanks...surgery? I'm not sure where I was going with that.

Speaking of players...I wish I knew (first time I cared, to be honest) who everyone played over the past two years. It would make rememberings for me a hell of a lot easier. But memory is not in my favor.

Regardless, this as been the absolute best gaming experience of my life, and I've played CF for something around two decades. Kudos to the lot of you, players and Immortals alike. I've had an absolute blast being pk'd by nearly all of you, and maybe even killing one or two of you myself (admittedly, I probably only had 2 solo kills because I suck...sorry Verathi specifically for some of the things you watched me do, or not do, mostly because you let me know you were watching). I went to Hell twice, the first time to shuffle my feet because it wasn't open but Aster was stuck there. I learned most of the major area explores, thanks so some very patient folks. And I got to show off my knowledge of one or two areas to a whole bunch of people, even some vets who didn't know some of what I know. lol

Over the course of two years, Keara changed a lot. Literally, female to male (hurrah grapes?). But when I rolled the char, I hadn't played in a little bit and wanted to go to Sirine Island. I missed that boat. Beyond that, I didn't have a specific plan other than to interact with people and aim for being an Acolyte warrior. I succeeded to a degree.

Folks I remember, which isn't everyone just some that stick out right now. Though, since most everyone died before me, I probably posted on your death thread. So don't be swoll.

Immortals: Thanks for the game, guys. Its really awesome. I'm a fanboy, even when I disagree. At least I know if I do, I'll be heard (then ignored). If I dislike Call of Dookie 343219843 who on earth cares what I think?

Neltouda: you were really awesome, then we drifted apart, then you poofed and so did I. But still, really awesome. Thanks for all of it.

Baerinika: Thanks for the promotions and for not killing me for being the worst warrior in Thera. Really appreciative

Deaer: Was fun as mortals, lost you when you Immed. But I like you

Mendos: You're a rockstar. Were as a mortal, are as an Imm. Really a big fan

Yuolod: Was fun as mortals, was cool seeing you as a heroimm

Other Imms: hope I wasn't too much of a #### show. Thanks again

Aster: the first character I really interacted with, and you helped shape the future Keara. Thanks so much for all the awesome talks about everything. I thought you played an Acolyte amazingly well, even if you were as bad at pk as me. Thank you, Ebani.

Corlx/Saersha: My Herald friends. Thanks for taking me everywhere. Thanks for being patient when I died stupidly. Saersha: that day on the docks proves explore/observe exp can be a lot of fun. Thanks for all acrobatics. Corlx: If I could have had an orc skill, it would have been punt.

Toktok: Great Maran, awesome character. Loved playing with you.

Kazzru: Same as above. Remembered watching you when you were a lowbie and knowing you'd be good for the Fort

Rydell: Thanks for taking me places, sorry my logins changed and we didn't see each other

Einrai: Enjoyed our early morning talks and explores

Baelen: You have better timing than me, I'll give you that :)

Trenloch: Always fun watching a sword spec be good at defense (hint, I am not talking about me)

Viclannan: You entertained me, I recall that much

Alauviel: Thought your char was the bees knees, and I held onto that sprig of whateverweed for hundreds of hours. Jagad be damned, I was going to remain ready

Azhelak: A true pleasure. Your storyline was great, really enjoyed your RP. We sure could be deadly.

Caldysias: A true pleasure. Summon me again and I will pincer you, bastard.

Andira: Poo poo to poo pooers. I heart you. An amazing character, an amazing story. You drove people to bring their best, and I was able to bask in the glow of that. That applies to goods and evils. I haven't seen a char do that in a long time. And you drove me to be better. A lot of late life Keara was me channeling you on some level. Or I pretended I was. And I walked around with a container full of your stuff from the day you died *sniffle*. I treasured it all more than any gear.

Team Evil: any of you that failed to kill me, regardless of what your class/race/cabal combo was...I'm sorry, you really suck. You're awful at pk and should be ashamed of yourself. This applies to every single person who failed to kill me. lol no I'm just kidding.

Storm, warrior, sword (and axe but my skills never hit so I didn't use it), Soul, Whispers, and various items and things that I could use to heal me. Plus I got role rewards = purge poison, purge disease, and life transfer, which was frigging awesome. All of them were. Which is why a lot of Team Evil hated me. Because while I generally am not competent enough to kill other people, I am just smart enough to not die most of the time. And, I have gotten good at using Altruism (and later, life transfer) to keep cabal and groups alive. Plus 1300hp and swords can keep most anyone alive in a variety of situations.

That said, I am fairly awful at PK, have been my entire CF life, and will continue to be when I do return to playing. I'm sure a semi competent player could have had a slew more kills than me. Still, I had my fun.

Thanks again guys,

Keara aka other people aka the person posting this
124986, You did good.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed Keara with quite a few characters. Azhelak especially.

Hope to see you back in the fields soon.
124990, Best memories as Kazzru and Einrai.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Any evil I played totally did fail to kill you :)
124991, You still got that kill on Liantae!
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was a 4 v 3....but still!

Glad I could show you the Ruins.

Thanks for the Jade Vault time.

Always fun to be on your side.
124994, Wow
Posted by Yllonis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know what more to say. I had a blast any time we were running around together. At times I was regretful that my flame burned out long before yours, but you were an inspiration to me to find a long lived character and really stick to it.

Somehow our odd log ins often coincided and I had a ton of fun. Best of luck with your next, even if its not in the fields!
124996, Always were the good times we had!
Posted by Toktok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can't believe you remember that far back to Toktko. I was also Kortath the giant monk. I enjoyed all the fun we had.

GLWYN
125024, Wow, you lasted a long time.
Posted by Belendithas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I still miss the morning banter in the Fortress. Proves that CF can be fun with few people online.

Congratulations on becoming a dad. Sort of explains the auto, I expected to see age_death. Best of luck with RL, CF will probably still be here when you have taught the kid to play.
125031, Enjoyed Keara..
Posted by Mendos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And it was always comforting to see you log in. I think you are the last active character from Mendos' mortal days.

Take it easy bud, and wish you all the best with the family.
125059, Oh yeah, Role Rewards
Life Transfer
Purge Poison
Purge Disease

Thanks much for the rewards. Was a lot of fun writing the role as the character developed, plus whatever I put in at the start. I know others can write better, but I just tried to put down what was happening in the char's life.

And the rewards themselves were really great for the character. Altruism can be quite a death sentence (I even forgot I had life transfer at one point and altruismed myself to death) at times, so the ability to do a bit more minor of a wounding, coupled with my legacy choices, meant I was able to be quite a good healer.

Purge poison and purge disease were awesome, obviously. Were it that I could have casted them upon another...but I get why that isn't the case. :) Regardless, perfect additions to the warrior that wanted to be a healer. Life transfer to keep someone alive, altruism to heal them all the way, use a prep or two heal self, purge whatever, continue on. Plus being Fort meant possible conjurers with altruism and archons. And well, awesome.

Thanks!

K
124941, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Keara Taisteala the Warrior of the Light, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Verathi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
By the time I got to meet and interact with you at both levels, you were already a force of nature and I loved the character. You were just already loved on enough you didn't need my attention. I am sad Keara is gone and hope you make it back.
124984, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Keara Taisteala the Warrior of the Light, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Thanks. I'm sorry my tactics are so astoundingly bad. And my execution is generally just as awful. But that part of CF isn't why I play.

I got a lot of love early in life, and by the time game changes happened with EXP, there wasn't anything I couldn't accomplish anyway. So I just assumed if y'all had any issue with what I was doing, someone would let me know.

That said, one of my favorite things in the game is having an Imm interact with me. And you totally caught me off guard that one day. I was exhausted and honestly thought it was a skill or power that someone was using to talk to me. Not an Imm. durrrrrrrr

As an aside, it is nice to see you and other Imms on an interacting with people, not just your specific followers or people in your cabal. I know a lot of you have a lot going on, but you are literally part of CF and having players experience that is really cool.
124938, A round of applause is due.
Posted by Dead Man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A cool character on every angle I approached from. One of those characters that I always spoke with, even across fray most times, because you would make my experience better. Thanks.

Rock on.
124985, RE: A round of applause is due.
Wow, thanks. I like to believe CF is as much a game for you and others to enjoy as it is for me, and if I can make it better for others, why not try that?

I don't do team evil well, obviously.

K
124890, Worst birthday present ever
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
auto on my bday? Really glad u got little dude in your life now. Newborn baby sleep time is best cf time tho
124983, RE: Worst birthday present ever
Newborn baby sleep time is best time to catch up on formerly lost adult sleep time.

CF will come back some day, probably sooner than later.

You big monkey you.
124880, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Keara Taisteala the Warrior of the Light, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Corlx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Biggun! Can't believe you made it so long! You and Aster were the best friends Saersha and I had! Loved interacting with you and poking you in the toe with my daggers! Now who's ears are the birds going to nest in?
124982, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Keara Taisteala the Warrior of the Light, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
I can't recall a bad experience when we rolled together. No matter how soundly we were stomped by whatever dragon or other creature we were trying to defeat. The thief experience with you and Saersha was a highlight of CF for me. Had a wonderful time exploring, but more just interacting.

Thanks

K
124875, AUTO?!?!
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't imagine having a character for two+ years or whatever it was. Seems like a real life age ago that you were being my giant pal.

For every player like you added to the game, Carrion Fields would improve exponentially. Thank you for playing and I sincerely hope you always manage to find the time to continue. You're a cooler player than I could ever manage to be. Hats off to you.

124886, His wife gave birth to their first kid a while back.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Probably why.
124981, RE: AUTO?!?!
I know, I didn't want it like this myself. But its how things ended up.

I really enjoyed Aster. Use more of him in your posts. :)

K
124874, Last character from when I was new
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too many of my characters interacted with you for me to remember, mostly on the other team.

I wasn't expecting to see you auto after all that time :(
124980, RE: Last character from when I was new
Real life happened. It didn't get in the way, its just a bit more important.

And I hope I wasn't a bad goodie to interact with.

K