Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zhabala Dohaz the Hand of Belial, Imperial Priest
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=124829
124829, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zhabala Dohaz the Hand of Belial, Imperial Priest
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jul 8 18:58:04 2015

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Zhabala perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:500
124833, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zhabala Dohaz the Hand of Belial, Imperial Priest
Posted by Zbabala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First of all thanks to the imm who picked up the Empowerment, you gave me alot more than I hoped for when I realised that I followed a dormant religion.

This char was made after I deleted my shaman, and I thought a healer would be an excellent way to learn the areas again. And it was. I saw quite a few places, and learned quite a bit of new things.

A brief note about healers and the changes of healing cabal guards. With the new changes, there was nothing I could do to about any raid coming to claim the codex. I could just stand at the throne, in my blade barrier, hoping someone would hit me. But apart from that, not much than giving the council aura. If it was the village raiding, I could not even regain the codex, if there was a defender there. A defender could heal the guardian more than I could heal the council.

That experience kinda ruined it for me towards the end. The best thing I could do if a raid come, was to quickly go and start on their guard while I could still use vengeance for damage.

Apart from that, I tried to show up at any odds in the council, there was a few exceptions, but overall I think I came.

The anathema part:
Also something that ruined it for me. Sindrir, I have nothing against you in person (as player), but as Sindrir the punishment you got was something that needed to be done. Destuvius came to me, and it was litteraly the question about you, or me. I demoted you once, when you complained Destuvius demoted you again, and the when you questioned that as well - He anathema'ed you.

Towards the end, I was loosing momentum. Almost alone, as a healer and more enemies than friends is kinda boring. A healer needs friends. As I usually said, alone Im not the best fighter, but give me a strong blade or mage at the front and my powers grows.

Anyways, when I logged back in, to find that Yaztran took my seat, and Sindrir was at the council as well, I litteraly lost the last bit of will to continue. I know it opened up to a few new perspectives but having two people who attacked the palace, took the codex, attacked the High Priest at the village to prevent the codex being returned. Thats beyond me. I understand the will to remove Xeneth, as he was rarely seen, but the way it was done. Well, I find it a lame ic reason to use.

But times are changing. I have tons of respect for all the players in mention here, but also Destuvius. So not bad feelings at all.

Little quick mention about silent tower. Would it be possible to lower the changes to enter the tower? I would LOVE to see the tower again (its been 7 years since last), but I could not get the required xp to enter. The Silent tower is not something to explore alone, but with the limited amount of people being able to get in, I would imagine that not many things are killed inside these days. (pretty please)

Anyways - I travelled with so many people, and I can hardly remember any of you. But each of you, made the journey special.

I have every part of my life logged, so feel free to request any part. I didnt kill so many people, but I was part of quite a few death.

EDIT
About perma groups - If any of you thought I was part of one. I must say sorry, but I wasnt and still aint. Miralik was my first char (well apart from a 30 something druid) in like seven years, I dont know anyone around here no more. As they said on Dio, who was Zargu :) So, while I can see why people might think I was (empire being on the bandwagon and all), I can only reject those things.
124834, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zhabala Dohaz the Hand of Belial, Imperial Priest
Posted by Kregan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On this topic I wonder if maintaining the mechanics for the outer guardians so items can be retrieved but allow the healing of inner guardians is an option? IE Inner guardians are exempt from the not being able to heal NPC's mantra

"A brief note about healers and the changes of healing cabal guards. With the new changes, there was nothing I could do to about any raid coming to claim the codex. I could just stand at the throne, in my blade barrier, hoping someone would hit me. But apart from that, not much than giving the council aura. If it was the village raiding, I could not even regain the codex, if there was a defender there. A defender could heal the guardian more than I could heal the council.

That experience kinda ruined it for me towards the end. The best thing I could do if a raid come, was to quickly go and start on their guard while I could still use vengeance for damage."
124835, Considering the lack of answer from Nep...
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... I highly doubt he'll change it, despite everyone asking him to. It's a great area and nothing has been killed there for ages - and most of the archmage kills were done by a healer/porcupine combo over a long time.

At my rate of immexp, it'd probably would have taken Corzu 500+ hours to get into ST. #### that.
124838, FWIW:
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think it's so much that Daev refuses to as it is Daev just hasn't been paying much attention to CF at all for the past few months. If the wizlist isn't a proper reflection of it, he's been largely out of the game lately. As tends to be the case up in Asgard, interest waxes and wanes.
124836, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zhabala Dohaz the Hand of Belial, Imperial Priest
Posted by Milo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the healer pointers :). I think I died twice studying you and not paying enough attention to myself in melee fights. The solo healer fights are like watching paint dry. Was that you in the one trap with Liantae? He is talking and you pop in then out and I could see the frown on his face.
124837, I'll save my full thoughts for my death thread.
Posted by Sindrir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll just say that I enjoyed the character and I was wishing (both ic and ooc) that you'd take me up on my offers.

Good luck with your next.
124839, Had nothing against the player...
Posted by Zhabala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We both had our reasons, but I had to act one way ic.

Your a competent player, just couldnt take the offer as it was :)

124841, Awesome dude, awesome!
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At first, I pegged you as a part of the perma. But after a while you seemed to find your stride and you had balls, took risks and tried to make the game fun! I quickly realized that you weren't a part of the perma, so I'm sorry for even thinking that.

Anyway, I loved our interactions, great work with a great char! :D

(PS: This is Liantae)
124832, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zhabala Dohaz the Hand of Belial, Imperial Priest
Posted by Kregan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you a lot as well. It would have been good if you and Xeneth could have continued trucking along. Certainly interesting times at the moment :)

You made a huge different to Empire competent healers have the ability to do this and you were extremely competent. A healer and bard together is awesome for so much stuff ... As long as I wasn't singing area songs at inappropriate times :)

I think the changes to being able to heal outer guardians while good for things as a whole, does impact someone like you greatly. I can see the negatives from a defending point of view, but also the positives from a well not keeping the outer at full health against those mid 20 players!

I hope something just as awesome is in the wings. Good luck!