Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Adesoka Birch the Adamant Beacon of Courage, Captain of the Brigade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=124577
124577, (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Adesoka Birch the Adamant Beacon of Courage, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jun 13 10:46:31 2015

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Adesoka perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:364
124618, Tougher than you seemed to think
Posted by Tsalantha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even though you didn't think you were tough, I thought you were dangerous and you nearly killed me three times.

Once when I landed crippling strike on you as my protections fell and you landed a bash. If I hadn't unlagged before your next command it would have finished me.

Second time when I killed you a little later. You stunned me but if Ashworth hadn't been hitting me (and he wasn't at one point) he could have summoned me into the hamsah guards. Instead he hit me, undoing your stun so you died.

Third time you had my unholy on the ground as I fled, and you both chased me so I was able to get back and pick it up.

So even though it was 2 zip to me, I found those fights pretty scary.

Not sure whether it was your rp or if you really did feel like a failure but as far as my role allowed I tried to give you some encouragement. Good luck with your next!
124616, Deleted Tsalantha's reply, reason within:
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your post was anonymous but you outed yourself by editing the post. Sorry our forum software sucks.

Feel free to repost.
124619, Thanks
Posted by Tsalantha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's weird because when I checked it myself to see if it was still anonymous after the edit, it appeared to be.

Thanks for the quick catch.
124604, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Adesoka Birch the Adamant Beacon of Courage, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by marintok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think we only fought one time but we did speak a few times, and it was nice to rp with someone who i knew (rp wise) hated me, good luck with your next and I idd like you

marintok
124599, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Adesoka Birch the Adamant Beacon of Courage, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Bertrame on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not a good deal. I was so happy to listen to you discuss with an applicant of what you were looking for in a Squire. I know that I am a frustrating character with my pacifist actions. The fortress is definitely miss you.
124598, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Adesoka Birch the Adamant Beacon of Courage, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Bertrame on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not a good deal. I was so happy to listen to you discuss with an applicant of what you were looking for in a Squire. I know that I am a frustrating character with my pacifist actions. The fortress is definitely miss you.
124585, Goobyes
Posted by Gryshilniar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Phewf. And so it ends. I'll try to keep this short.

On Adesoka: First character back from a 4-year hiatus from CF. I was really rusty, and I never really hit my stride with him from a PK perspective. I wanted something high-int to avoid having to spam skills, and I hadn't done a sword spec in a long time. I went hands for utility, but ended up wishing I had gone mace or axe as having zero reliable lag options was a constant source of frustration. Apparently STSF/Flow is cliche at this point and rubs people the wrong way, but I didn't know that going in. To be honest, I was a pushover for most people in my range, and STSF only turned the tide in a small number of fights (sorry, Kobuk). That might be biased memory, but I often wished I had taken riddle or something to help with survivability.

I had a few sequences of good fights and memorable enemies, mainly some nice throwdowns with Liantae and some fun scuffles when the Empire was all the rage, but otherwise I really disappointed myself from a PK perspective. I just don't have the temperament or patience to build up a great set, avoid putting myself in suicidal positions, and really start kicking ass. I have always sought out my enemies regardless of who the situation favours and try to make the most of it, as per my character history (mostly Maran or Villagers who con-died). At some point I'll try to put something great together and stick it out despite my instincts, but alas, Adesoka wasn't the one for that.

I am well aware that I rubbed some people the wrong way, and am open about the fact I went on some long-winded rants to a few players where my OOC frustrations were bleeding through more than I wanted them to. The last 50 hours in particular were frustrating, where I don't think I landed a kill on anyone besides Kobuk (whom I was a bad matchup for) in weeks. I tried to get better, but there were a few times that I played after a late night out, and the booze probably got the best of me. Sorry to those I offended. Overall, I hope that I was positive influence on the game (if not, at least all of Team Evil's PK Ratios are now massively inflated). I never managed to find a way into ST (or didn't have enough immxp), so that will give me something to shoot for in the future as it's always been on my list of things to do.

A few individual goodbyes:

Baerinika: I believe I have the honour of having played the only neutral to get your tattoo (Charunycain), but I enjoyed these Adesoka interactions far more. I had no intention of following you until Ashworth took me to your shrine out of the blue, and you basically said "What are you doing here?" and I had to come up with something. From that point on it was an enjoyable struggle trying to improve on my weaknesses, even if my overall improvement was hit and miss, I really liked our talks, and actually at times felt as though I was talking about myself the person, and not Adesoka the character, and that our talks were very relevant to real life.

I would have been a bit disappointed if we hadn't had our last talk today, as I was a bit sad that I was going to go out just an initiate. Thanks so much for the con to keep me going, the tattoo (even if it was only for an hour), and the echoes (I think I saw them all?) were rewarding for me to see. You seem to be one of the most present of the IMMs, and believe me, the prospect of a bit of Immteraction is one of the main reasons players like myself keep coming back. It never ceases to impress me how intricate a history and storyline CF has.

Fortress: I never seemed to find an ally in particular and there was a distinct lack of a support class to help. It pained me to see a competent bard coming up the ranks just as I was running out of con. Oh what I would have done to have you around a couple months ago! Thumbs up to Goraldain (I meant what I said IC), Ashworth, Ryryk, Koob, Garfong, Hugirkin, Corzu, and the crew. I mostly preferred to fight alone because with the low player numbers, hunting in groups felt unnecessary, but it was still nice to have some camaraderie. Special thanks to those that shared some area knowledge. I have always been lackluster in that regard, and really found myself wanting to learn more with this character and a few of you showed me some new things. Thanks for that.

Empire: Man...what in the hell happened here? It was simply stunning how you went from mass-logins destroying everything with hell gear to seeing Xeneth or Sindrir once/week for 45 mins and everyone else gone. Zhabala, you were the exception here, but unfortunately it's just not fun for either of us trying to PK a healer.

Jermet: Mixed feelings. Your RP seemed top-notch, and you certainly mixed it up and took some chances. You seemed to rub other people the wrong way which gave me pause. I would guess that 15 of my last 20 deaths were to Crimson Scourge. I just lost the heart to keep gathering gold/preps to fight you, especially after you escaped a few times convulsing when I would miss a pummel or crushing blow. Sigh.

Nexus: Adesoka IC hated you all with a passion, but there were some good characters in there, I just didn't really get a chance to get to know you that well.

Village: Always have a soft spot for you guys. You guys were non-existent for the first 250 hours, but have really picked things up and seem to be doing a lot better. Great to see as it's still hands down the best Cabal in the game.

Scarab: Jeede/Tsalantha - both really strong, just didn't see all that much of either of you, but you both handed me my ass everytime we fought. Thumbs-up to Aurescmont for defending in tough spots and being an all-around good sports.

Thanks for the interactions, and see you in the fields. I see on Dio's that no one remembers me, so for the old-schoolers here that might, here's a few past characters:

-Gryshilniar the Tenacious Claw, Bearer of the Interlocking Rings, Marshall of the Fortress
-Charunycain the Bloody Heart of Courage, Drillmaster of Battle
-Icthaen the Indomitable Spirit of Light, Student of the Inner Fire - Maran Aarn Tattoo'd
-Liurnya StoneClaw the Disciple of Ancient Ways, Sounder of the Clarion (Villager with Vynmylak tattoo)
-Ulothrye Grizzlemane the Champion of the Virtues" (Ordasen Maran Paladin)
-Vinourak the Legend of the Battlefield" Fire sword berserker
-Agaeobab Alenthorin the Holy of Faith" Dwarf shaman Vynmylak follower Maran
-Oltrambel the Hammer of Heretics, Seeker of Redemption (Phaelim uncaballed Paladin)
-Varthathen the Legend of the Battlefield (Svirf outlander warrior)

+a bunch of randoms.

Thanks for the fun,

Grysh/Icthaen
124586, RE: Goobyes
Posted by Zhabala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dont know what happend neither, most of my logins these days im quite alone, or with a few young oaths.

I had no way to fight you, even with the staff of striking a healer cannot harm a warrior that much, so typical it was just me standing behind the blade barrier, while you damaged yourself until one of us took of.

Anyways - Good job.
124587, So well done!
Posted by Goraldain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It doesn't surprise me one bit to find out who you are - you have a classy, old-school vibe that made you a pleasure to play along side.

I can't thank you enough for the IC friendship and what you did for Goraldain - you'll really be missed and I hope you consider making something else that can play with (or atleast not against) Gor.

Really good char, and I hope you'll be back soon.
124589, Pffft...No luv fer da chief!
Posted by Kobuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ya bastid runt elf! Good fights, and all and all a good time - good luck with your next. I had you convulsing once or twice..but damn..if STSF anything isn't a hard fight for an Orc.
124593, RE: Pffft...No luv fer da chief!
Don't know how I forgot about you. You were a rare breed that was willing to throwdown even if things weren't in your favour, and you took losses like a champ as well. I only have good things to say about you.

It's really a wonder that I've never played an orc as it seems like it would fit my playstyle. Hope you're still having fun, I'll be rooting for you from the sidelines.
124590, hey man
Posted by jermet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
we had some talks, more than most of the fortress except for liffy. kinda saw her more, but that tapered off a bit of late. Really seemed to put you off, the scourge, but please understand I have to use it, its one of the best maladictions I have for strength and against hard hitting warriors with divine weapons I HAVE to get rid of them. eh. I wasnt out to be mean with it.. was just... very needed.

I loved our interactions for alot of it. I would have liked to see you or other maran throw my offers back to my face with more force or anything else of the sort, like baerinika would :) but i still lived them.

I wanna say something from me to you though. I have seen alot of maran since they opened (and always been in the same place not far from the closed knights). They come, they go, and few leave a lasting impression of hey, that guy didnt just have balls, he had the knowledge to back it up and did some crazy ####.
You were one of the few, and seeing the logs, and fighting you also its a thing that I can say 'that guy' learned the game. Is why I ended up calling you my future captain of the undead, its the very few ways I can really compliment your ability, drive, and willingness as well as taking care of yourself. I did try to raise your corpse ritualistically hoping baer would see and take your corpse to the elyssium (worked sorta) but overall. Man you kicked ass in the day against the empire at its strongest. You went against me and kicked my ass quite a few times, though yeah the lack of real lagging ability made it a bit impossible for ya to finish, im sorry on that one, but you were a beast, and your char is already a legend. Just wanted to say ya did good and your a wonderful person to have on the game man. and kinda sorry about the scourge thing, just is really really needed trust me
124594, RE: hey man
Thanks for the kind words. It's fun to have a big evil Wight/Lich/Vampire to try to hunt around, and I was just trying to rally the troups to make it a group effort when my con gave out.

No worries on the scourge. Obviously it's your main weapon, just frustrating to deal with but it's part of the game. I thought Wights were pushovers until you started to land weaken (-12 str), poison (-5 str) and Scourge (-8 str) in 3 rounds without fail which was pretty debilitating. I really still should have gotten you a couple times, but it was clearly not meant to be.
124592, If only you had rolled up a month earlier!
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>It pained me to see a competent bard coming up the ranks just as I was running out of con. Oh what I would have done to have you around a couple months ago!<

Heh. Glad to see you did what FtG and I couldn't, and build the Fort back up.

Great job from a merely spectator's point of view.
124602, RE: Goobyes
Posted by Kregan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you alot. I must say tho reading this I should have just fleed more til you used up your gold :P

Sounds like you had a blast. GLWYN

124672, RE: Goobyes
Posted by Thalythia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry I wasn't around much last couple days of your life. Got the Witcher 3 and it's taking up way too much of my free time. Thanks for the induction, was a surprise since I didn't even fight a single person between the last attempt to bring me in and that attempt. would have liked to have hung out more, good luck with your next!
124607, GLWYN
Posted by Luthantulas2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry we didn't roll more before you died. Welcome back.
124584, A very good presense for the MUD, I'd say
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always headfirst into battle no matter the odds, mixed with honorable behavior - you were my favorite fortie. And you were tough as a rock to fight, I was helluva lucky to get you that one time one on one.

GLWYN, liked you a lot!
124597, RE: A very good presense for the MUD, I'd say
Another good character that I missed. While I got the sense you were new, you improved quickly and went from a pushover to a real threat. You and Pon terrorising Redhorn Gate was a legit threat and as the logs show a very dangerous fight for me. It was basically: "can I survive an ambush and a couple **DEMOS*** long enough to brand you and maybe get a bit of STSF magic?" Usually I could, but it was always interesting.

Enjoy what's left of Gromm.
124583, Tough elf.
Posted by Sindrir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I kind of have to echo Twist's sentiment when I say that you were pretty much the anti-me build. Two swords hitting my vuln + STSF meant that I couldn't fight you the way you seemed to want me to.

Overall I thought you were a damn good presence for Fort though. They need a little gungho Maran to balance out the current crop of Acolytes.

GLWYN.
124579, Players like you are endangered species.
Posted by Kowelu Rizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always good attitude no matter what. And I did all kinds of despicable things to you that would have a lesser soul in outrage.

You even listened to my tales. Bless you.
124578, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Adesoka Birch the Adamant Beacon of Courage, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
good job! glwyn!