Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Pon Black the Breaker of Kings, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=124537
124537, (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Pon Black the Breaker of Kings, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jun 11 11:42:30 2015

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Pon perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:207
124557, Pity you're gone :(
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Considering we don't have many reavers, and I almost never leave wilderness, having no reaver warrior to trample cities definitely makes it less fun :(

Sad to see you go and GLWYN, if any.
124547, Short goodbyes
Posted by Pon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the chance. This was an interesting character to create, and it was somewhat enjoyable throughout.

The reason for deleting is that I was losing touch with the character. This is by my own fault as well as interactions with one other character. The exhausting nature of the interactions, the constant bombardment, the fact that when this person couldn't see me, I'm bombarded with un-capitalized, broken English notes full of braggart crap, insults, random drivel. Just sheer unescapable. It just annoyed the #### out of me. Just leave me alone sometimes. In addition, the interactions with this said character involved him having sex with my corpse through emotes, and talk of raping corpses and children, just got to me. That is not what I'm looking for in an immersive RP game. I get that this is a whole environment that these things exist. I just don't want them existing in my gaming experience.

So I was breaking roleplay to try to tell this character to #### off. And it was hurting drastically my ability to play him as my role and roleplay required. This was my own fault. I should be able to look past it, I just couldn't in this case. Also, the specs were not really ideal nor workable. It was an attempt to see if Trapping and Exotics were worth it. Really wasn't. I didn't use spear/staff hardly at all except as a gimmick. Polearm is still a great spec, my favorite basically.

I'm not going to throw out individual goodbyes. Everyone that I interacted with were great, even if we were enemies. Everyone seemed top notch, enjoyable, and out for the enjoyment of the game despite whatever "roleplay" angle they took.

A huge thank you to the Immortals and an apology to the Outlander immortals for not taking the Nightreaver position better. I shouldn't have taken it. Just felt wrong from a roleplay perspective, but the powergamer in me wanted insects. Another mistake in my part.

Thank you all for the fun. If you are interested in the role, last name, etc., you can buy the PBF. I may here come next month too.

124550, Chieftun es mad at yu!
Posted by Kobuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wanted to fight you more :P You sure did beat my ass with staff spec..which I will admit 100% caught me off guard...a giant pugiling me?? wtf??..good kill, I was trying to get a rematch but you weren't going for it.

Anyways, I wish I had interacted with you more than just that one time.

Kob
124552, RE: Short goodbyes
Posted by Avarillon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure who you're talking about, but there is one vodka soaked player that does that for me. Luckily he broke his keyboard :)

You did great with Pon, he reminded me a little of Thresinok, with is a huge compliment, as he was the most archetypical evil outlander I ever met. If you'd been around a couple hundred more hours I bet you would have made the totem.

I regret that we couldn't coordinate more due to alignment and me still trying to ramp up my speed of cf play.

Best of luck.
124559, Only you can prevent forest fires!
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No really, if you're having problem like that with another player, please PRAY about it.
124617, Thanks for the heads up
I was chalking this one up to the fact that I don't want to be the "complainer". Praying seems petty. I was trying to look past it, because CF is a dynamic and interesting game. I don't want to tread on other people's roleplay. I did assume that since this character has all these titles and less than common reward that someone MUST have read his role and saw this as a possible red flag. And since he still existed and still RP'ed that same position, that it had been filtered through an immortal at some point.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll keep it in mind.
124548, RE: Short goodbyes
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Excuse any strange autocorrects, this is from my phone. I know exactly what character you are referencing, as I have had my own issues with this character. I have no fear of dieing to this guy, on the contrary I have killed him a few times. But every time I log in and see him I am torn between logging back out or hunting him down to mercilessly con kill him. Neither of which are ok and take away from the things I should be focused on. I have also tried to simply prevent it by ignoring this guy, but I was pulled aside and told not to do that by an immortal. It very much takes away from the great landscape of cf, but hey... technically that character isn't breaking any rules.

All that aside, Pon wasn't around for very long but the few brief interactions I had with him were good.
124549, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Drains all enjoyment out of logging in. Thank you for the feedback. I wished I could have been better at this and dealing with such a negative thing but I just wasn't.
124551, RE: I'm glad I'm not the only one.
No, you certainly aren't the only one, and I know of two other players who deleted because of this character and the interactions that were impossible to avoid. I hope they come back, but I'm not so sure they will.
124554, you may be
Posted by jermet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
so post the names. who are these two? look on these threads.
only a few people got negative interactions from me more than once or twice, and very few.

the one person that I speak down to in game, and literally the only one, is still living, and because of how the situation is IC I cant post that until my own death thread, because another is involved in why said person is spoken to in that fashion :)

I am also calling you a liar. dont pull this crap. name the two.
124556, RE: you may be
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you can be good for CF Jermet, just don't get baited into these OOC discussions while you're still active. There will be plenty of time to fling #### when you age die or delete. :D

Cheers,
jhyrb

124571, RE: you may be
after responding to the two posts below I read this one again. Will go ahead and follow your advice on this Jhyrb. and I wont delete so wont be gone too soon :), will not visit this death thread again, will only speak on my own.
124566, RE: you may be
No one said you.

No one even implied your race class combo or any specific implications about your play style.

If you are reacting this poorly towards a post NOT implicating you, then you might have some guilt issues to address.
124568, If I had to guess if it was anyone, I would guess it was him.
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not saying it was or wasn't but my conjurer took every chance he could to be a pain in his wight ass. Just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.
124570, RE: If I had to guess if it was anyone, I would guess it was him.
there was no conjurer that was a pain in my butt. ever. I havent even fought a conjurer... ever that I can recall.

there was one conjurer I attempted interact some, to try to bring him to darkness, try to tempt him with immortality etc, but said conjurer wanted nearly nothing for interaction, and only did a listening spell on me to see what I was up to, which was mostly sitting talking to people, and I didnt mind that at all. sry guy :)
124574, No. We fought at least a few times.
Mostly right before you were a wight and once after. They were just instances of you scattering very quickly though. I have the logs still if you still don't remember. I couldn't get you in a fight after, you seemed to either be logging when I got on or be very scarce when I was around.
124591, RE: No. We fought at least a few times.
post em if ya got em, may just be that i been in so many fights I dont remember, if so sorry man, and if ya got any of me doing something stupid and killing myself with it (has happened quite a few times trust me) post them too :P

mm. I typically dont back down from a fight unless its something like an insector/svirf axespec together that can be garaunteed to take me down without much of a struggle :P and a conjurer is typically never that alone.

If you were the one that deleted recently I do remember the talks, but that is late at night when I am tired as hell and soon to sleep, and regathering rods before I do :P typically go to sleep between 11 pm and midnight my time.

and I only ever saw said conjurer late at night
124600, Yeah that was me
You never died and you never made any stupid mistakes in any of the fights, they were just your typical conjurer rolling in with a hooded elemental and transplendant. I don't think you had an army any of the times so I don't blame you for just bailing, I sure as hell wouldn't stick around for that mess. Nothing was more than a couple rounds long, nothing really special to see. Most were when you were pre wight, only one after I think when you were trying to hero.

I watched you for massive amounts of time, but I never pull the trigger unless someone makes a mistake I know I can capitalize on. I tried to play a patient game, and I had to pick and choose the fights I got into because I didn't want to look too bloodthirsty of a scribe. I was listening for mobs screaming tracking people and trothon words and stuff, trying to find someone cornered so I could come in and assure myself the kill. Conjurers are terrible at keeping anyone around.

And yeah, I only play late at night now generally because I am uber busy with wedding stuff and work. In truth, I am lucky to play more than once a week at the time and I seriously doubt that changes anytime soon. I get my fix when I can though very casually.
124569, RE: you may be
1. my char was during his mortalit -250 hours ago- the only mortal necropheliac in the game.
There are still no others.

however if you yourself are mistaking the only one person in the game pon was talking about in that fashion, feel free to say so
124575, RE: you may be
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man I don't remember your character having sex with anyone's corpse, so I guess that wasn't about you.

If you did though, that would be another matter, mostly clinical :)))
124576, How would you know you were the only one?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just because you haven't met another doesn't mean there wasn't one.
124572, This does seem against the rules
Posted by Calion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>In
>addition, the interactions with this said character involved
>him having sex with my corpse through emotes, and talk of
>raping corpses and children, just got to me. That is not what

I.e. help LANGUAGE. (And sorry to hear that this borderline-against the-rules "RP" from some other character drove out all the the fun for you)
124588, Enjoyed when we fought
Posted by Goraldain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see this- you were a fun fight and seemed really straightforward and like a good enemy. I know there was some frustration fighting my char, but you always kept things cordial, and I'll miss your presence.

124545, Meant to ask why the same lastname as Bhelgus :P
Posted by Kowelu Rizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
124544, one tough guy
Posted by marintok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
we only ever interacted a few times and that was fighting but man you hit like a run away truck, good job and good luck with your next. p.s. i dug the cool title

Marintok
124542, You seemed like a significant character
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glwyn.

I enjoyed the small amount of rp we had. Almost got to fight but it would have been one sided (not sure whose way) owing to the circumstances.
124541, But why?
Posted by Zhabala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked your char. I was impressed... Remember one time where you just sliced through me and one other, as my aura dropped seconds after I was attacked :-/

124539, I was generally a fan. Sad to see the early delete.(n/t)
Posted by Verathi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(n/t)
124538, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Pon Black the Breaker of Kings, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
this seemed like a really cool char from a distance, awesome title too, can't believe you'd delete that!