Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Byantar Bandy the Legend of the Battlefield, Commander of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=124220
124220, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Byantar Bandy the Legend of the Battlefield, Commander of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon May 11 12:42:23 2015

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Byantar perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:172
124228, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Byantar Bandy the Legend of the Battlefield, Commander of Battle
Posted by Kregan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really disapointed to see this. I was glad you got made commander. You were pretty damn tough and hard as hell to nail down.

GLWYN
124222, I just couldn't get into this character.
Posted by Byantar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, this char was quite a bit of fun in my early days but really lost steam when the village was leaderless for an extended period. That, plus a lack of playing time made it hard for me to keep it up.

Sorry to the village who I've left hanging. Sorry to the IMM's who wasted their time holding the Rites. Sorry to my enemies, who got a lackluster effort from me.

Talisin, especially sorry for not doing what you asked of me. I just had no ooomph left to do anything.

124225, RE: I just couldn't get into this character.
Posted by Talisin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Definitely saw you lose steam, but I had hoped that getting Commander would reinvigorate you--the village badly needs a kick-ass leader. You were really tough in the low-mid ranks, when pincer just ripped me apart, but our build match-up swung my way at hero.

Don't worry about the other thing, when the fire is gone, it's gone.

GLWYN
124250, Pincer;! gets fairly old at hero ranks
Posted by Nuerria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Once it stops netting you kills, it doesn't seem as fun. Do make something else please that's not one-trick, preferably without much kill-sealing, like paladin or a druid and vary your game up. I don't think Byantar was anything of note 42+. If you like warriors, make something outside your usual realm. I find that the unusual, and especially ones hard to seal kills with are the ones that are worth more personally. See: Corzu. (Not that I know the player.)
124253, Thanks for the advice...
Posted by Byantar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Byantar was rolled as a brain-relieving throwaway char that never was supposed to get to/near hero. I pressed forward when village numbers got low to try and help out... but I just didn't have the time at the end to help build the village back up.

I had just gotten over playing Crraya and rolled up Willet to see if I could play around with village assassin builds. I was having alot of fun with Willet, but at the same time, it seemed to "easy", since I kind of knew the tactics to follow to be semi-successful pk-wise.

So, I rolled Byantar to take change things up and see if going from tactical assassin to brute force warrior would spice things up.

Eventually, I got pulled into the ROTD for having 2 battle chars (even though I never passed gear through pits or had either char know anything about one another), and chose to play Byantar (because I figured I'd have a good chance of winning any Rites with Willet and didn't want the stress of leadership again).

So, fast-forward. Village is horribly weak. I wanted to chip in to help. Byantar pressed on... but Willet would have been a far better choice. Alas.
124255, Ignore him, more pincer is always better
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can't pincer too much, it cures EVERYTHING