Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Gryndelwul Chel the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=124198
124198, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Gryndelwul Chel the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 7 11:05:32 2015

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Gryndelwul perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:115
124224, It was great to roll together
Posted by Nkata on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can tell you had mucho experience, but never pegged you as Twist for some reason. We could've been so deadly together if there was anyone to fight.
124227, RE: It was great to roll together
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I can tell you had mucho experience, but never pegged you as
>Twist for some reason. We could've been so deadly together if
>there was anyone to fight.

Yeah, I posted a bunch of logs but didn't post the one that I had of you and I killing someone together - largely because it was about 20 rounds of offset tripping.
124200, Couldn't hang on anymore...
I just lost interest. A while ago. Kept hanging on, hoping that maybe getting enough IMMxp to take Devious Versatility would make the char more exciting to play, but I doubt it would have.

Friends and enemies were all great to play with/against. The "I'm not a thief" thing was fun, though it seemed to confuse some folks. Once I started telling them that "No, no, you must have dropped that. I found it on the side of the road." They got the point.

The character was supposed to be reminiscent of Vanin from the Wheel of Time series. He was described as looking like a "sack of suet perched on a horse" but could ride like nobody's business, was deceptively sneaky, and an expert horse thief that nobody had ever been able to prove anything against.

It was a fun character for a while. Thanks all!
124202, RE: Couldn't hang on anymore...
Posted by Talisin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry it took me a while to catch on to your non-thiefness! It was great having you around--and I definitely learned a lot from you.

Too bad you ran out of steam, but that happens. GLWYN!
124205, You're a great presence for Nexus
Was great grouping with you the few times that we had something to actually do. :)
124203, glad to see you playing
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
had you pegged as a different character. didn't get a change at revenge from you and corzu, turds
124207, If it helps...
...I almost killed Corzu later (and he almost killed me too) when Light was tipping.
124209, I knew you would warn the others...
Posted by Corzu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seems people think the gnome ranger is going to be a pushover but you learned it wouldn't be easy :)

We didn't interact too much but for what we did, I really liked your character and definitely sad to see you go. I particularly enjoyed watching you fight a bit as a more offensive trapper - actually engaging folks directly, unlike most trappers who just sit back and spam traps.

Join the fray again Twist!
124204, Sorry about that warrant...did I handle it correctly?
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really didn't want to warrant you, especially after my wasp tried to attack you, but yeah.

Didn't know this was you. Good job :)
124206, You handled it fine
>I really didn't want to warrant you, especially after my wasp
>tried to attack you, but yeah.
>
>Didn't know this was you. Good job :)

I don't know why I thought that you had to be wearing that brooch to have mobs attack you (not just carrying it), but there it is.

I feel like a Trib in that position can really go either way (flag or no flag) but if you're a "letter of the law" Tribby, you need to place the flag.
124208, RE: Couldn't hang on anymore...
Posted by Amora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's always fascinating and fun when you reveal your mortal characters.

I remember playing Kii a lot when you were always villager enemies :)

On devious versatility, I really wish it was adjusted for the new edge system so at least 110, 120, or 130 (role reward) thieves were still possible so it's less of a hidden thief nerf. I'd return and play a thief tomorrow :)
124199, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Gryndelwul Chel the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City
Posted by marintok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
dang it lost one of my thief buddies, wait I mean trapper :) No clue how you trappers do it, all that gathering and preps to get stuff done, but man can you guys turn a fight for your side. When it was us vs empire with birtoc man that was some scarry fights, where I was blind, bleeding and everything else for half of them, though everyone else was also so I guess it evened out.

Thanks for the fun times and sad to see you go, good luck with your next

Marintok
124201, Thanks for the induct
>dang it lost one of my thief buddies, wait I mean trapper :)

"I'm not a thief!"

>No clue how you trappers do it, all that gathering and preps
>to get stuff done, but man can you guys turn a fight for your
>side. When it was us vs empire with birtoc man that was some
>scarry fights, where I was blind, bleeding and everything else
>for half of them, though everyone else was also so I guess it
>evened out.

That was an enjoyable time, yeah. As for gathering preps, a lot of them can be purchased at various thief guilds and/or bartered for with folks like Egwetha. The nicer ones (IMO) are ones you have to grab and then wait for a repop.

Gathering them wasn't the problem for me. The problem was weight. Playing anything with dodge, I like to be at 1/2 my max weight so that my dodge is maxxed out in effectiveness, but carrying a chest full of traps made that pretty much impossible.

>Thanks for the fun times and sad to see you go, good luck with
>your next
>
>Marintok

You're doing a very good job as Rhyme. Keep it up!