Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gargnok the Holy of Faith
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=124105
124105, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gargnok the Holy of Faith
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Apr 25 13:07:01 2015

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Gargnok perished, never to return.
Race:frost
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:199
124150, Sad to see you leave
Posted by Liantae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed me some Gargnok, I was kinda divided when it came to inducting you. On one hand, I don't want to turn people down because they're new to the game when they do have the RP. On the other hand, Liantae is hardass and demands top peformance and you had (perhaps because of bad luck) only shown Liantae failure before the induct. Luckily, others saw you prevail and you hung in there for quite some time before I inducted. I am sorry that you had to go through so many hoops to get in, I don't want it to be overly hard to get into a cabal (not too easy either though).

Anyway, was fun to have you around. Hope to see you soon again.

(Ooh, sorry about the semi-failed event I had planned, too few showed up... And I had hoped that the two of you would have had me killed instead.)
124151, RE: Sad to see you leave
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
want to turn people down because they're new to the game

I would not classify myself as new (I've had a nightreaver before) Things just aren't clicking for me lately.

I got pretty frustrated with the induction criteria for two reasons:

1. It took me forever to find you, and once I did it was about the 5th time before you had time to talk to me.

2. Once I had criteria for induction, I didn't feel like a lever 30 Giant shaman is something that can pk on demand and most situations I was presented with where two on ones. With other giant shaman, I was someone viable at that rank because I could buy slow potions, but as an outlander app, I would get one or two communes to land and then be out of mana, so PKs were few and far between at that point (I thought it would improve later, but it didn't this time around).

I actually enjoyed the first part of the event, even though I concurred with Ssayanbilt on not liking the way the first round ended, but didn't feel the need to be as vocal about it as he was. I lost link during the second phase and reconnected toward the end.

All that being said, the time you complimented Gargnok carried a bit more significance because I knew it wasn't given lightly.
124152, On and off I've been a deadbeat...
Posted by Liantae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... And I think during your induction process (and a few others) I kept getting myself busy instead of talking with applicants. I hope that's changed and I've changed my take on the induction process as well, still not letting people in too easily but speeding it up somewhat both for me and for the applicants making it less of a chore. Hopefully it'll make it less tedious for other applicants in the future. So sorry about that.

Yeah, the whole first part of the event really didn't turn out the way I had hoped. Wasn't my intention with the even to kill reavers off, but rather make reavers learn things in a constructive way. (Kinda failed, even though I did and do think that there were quite a few things to learn from it, both for me and for you and Ssayanblit.)

I figured out around the induction that you weren't a new kid on the block but simply just kept getting streaks of bad luck, I've had them myself with several chars over the years and it sucks so bad when it happens.

I did love your RP from the first moment we spoke though. :)
124153, Whut...
Posted by Zhabala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liantae is no newbie?! :D Surprise... *nudge nudge*
124145, You were great.
Posted by Omntur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed our fights. I seemed to get really lucky sometimes but you had the upperhand in a lot of our fights but sometimes things would go horribly wrong for you.

Good luck with your next.
124149, RE: You were great.
To me it seemed like most of our fights I was winning early, you'd retreat, I'd press harder than I should have, then all of a sudden I was dead.

You are a great presence for Trib and I was happy to see you get provost.
124138, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gargnok the Holy of Faith
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I still think you should have taken my preference on 2nd shaman path. I was sorely tempted to do it either way (You're MY priest afterall, you do what I tell you!), but it seemed like you felt it would ruin your character.

Hopefully you had some fun with the character. I know I ended up being a deadbeat dad for awhile, and apologize for that. I appreciate giving me the effort of trying a follower of mine, though I never expected my religion would have so many Outlanders when I thought it up.

Jormyr
124144, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gargnok the Holy of Faith
Actually the biggest reason I didn't want demon path was I've had it before. I am a fan of it, but wanted to check out something new, and I don't think it is compatible with outlander, especially with the last rewrite to make being friendliesh with orcs a no-no again. My biggest knock on Demon path now is that there is only one cabal it is compatible with.

I really enjoyed our interactions. I had been semi dormant since last summer, and trying your religion was my main motivation for rolling Gargnok, though I don't think I did a very good job with it. I got kinda numb somewhere along the way.

I actually didn't realize you weren't an outlander Imm until the second time I saw you.

124133, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gargnok the Holy of Faith
Posted by Kregan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Disapointed to see this. After reading your farewell it makes alot more sense why the fights seemed to skew against you.

Good work for trucking it out without full empowerment for however long. I am sure your presence will be missed.
124143, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gargnok the Holy of Faith
I had full Empowerment, just went a while without a second path, and didn't feel like I got much mileage from Breaker. I tried to figure out something against you, but nothing ever really worked. Thanks for the fights.
124112, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gargnok the Holy of Faith
Posted by Adesoka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were ballsy and definitely made your presence felt whenever you were on. I appreciate it that you mixed it up. I think you got me a couple times when we were younger and then I caught up a bit.

Good luck with whatever's next!
124115, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gargnok the Holy of Faith
This pretty much sums up my feelings on Adesoka as well. It seemed like you were dieing from a glance at first, then all of a sudden you were straight grinding my face into the dirt every time we ran into each other. Probably my favorite of the current fort crop.
124108, Was always fun having you around, mate!
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You certainly were persistent, considering how much time you've spent on hero not being fully empowered. Good luck out there, was always nice travelling with you, and thanks for all the hints'n'tips.
124110, RE: Was always fun having you around, mate!
I was fully empowered, I just didn't have a second path for a while and I never got much mileage out of breaker. I enjoyed our interactions and your great attitude actually inspired me to stick around longer than I might have though.
124113, I feel like breaker is meant for early ranks
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a pretty terrible second path where folks have a lot of saves... never saw your communes work really.
124114, Yep....
I am curious if I would have had a different experience with it if I had been playing a low exp pen race. As it is, if I ever got breaker again as an initial path, I'd likely just delete.
124106, Massive props
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You definitely started off as the "newer" guy as it showed in how you fought but you came into your own in the end - well done.
124111, You definitely started off as the "newer" guy - Oh how I wish that was true...
But I am ready to admit (I don't know that I would have ever really argued against it) that I just suck. I blame some of it on age(my fingers and wrist often hurt now when typing, and reactions are likely slower) and a tendency to play from ####ty connections where my version of a macro is ctrl-V, but those are just excuses really.