Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [None] Rdenbrel the Foolish Seeker of Truth in the Trees, Banned From the Inn
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=124094
124094, (CON LOSS) [None] Rdenbrel the Foolish Seeker of Truth in the Trees, Banned From the Inn
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Apr 23 15:08:11 2015

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Rdenbrel perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:373
124118, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Rdenbrel the Foolish Seeker of Truth in the Trees, Banned From the Inn
Posted by Rdenbrel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Many thanks to all, who has helped me to get familiar with this MUD and had fun with my character. Unfortunately I wasn't given a chance to play it till the logical end...And I was a bit confused with it, as i have spent a lot of time with Rdenbrel and was going to play more untill the age death (very sad, that vitality quests are not for such characters as mine was)
Here i can tell now, that I had a last role about returning in the Inn as Herald and continue to tell tales of Rdenbrels expirience - so have more fun for self and all who liked truthseeker.
Now i will take a rest with CF. Maybe will return in a year or two maybe not. Depends on my free time, that is very limited now, and sure is not enouth for creating someone new.
(I do not like so called "trash chars just for fun")

124101, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Rdenbrel the Foolish Seeker of Truth in the Trees, Banned From the Inn
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was not able to understand a reason behind almost any of your actions. But nevertheless, GLWYN :)
124099, I really liked this character
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For someone new you really got involved and put yourself out there.

I genuinely liked reading most of your notes. You got a special title. Learnt at least one area better than most on the mud etc.

I think if you roll a more straightforward character and join fort you will probably learn a load more as you'll have more people to show you around and back you up.

Just one simple word of advice in pk. If you want to escape rather than fight to the death, always know how you plan to achieve that before the fight starts. For example, know whether you will be brandishing a staff to send yourself home or fleeing and using a potion, or just running away on foot. Get a client (I paid for cmud but I think there is free stuff out there) and then you'll be able to do just a few keystrokes to achieve such things. I say all this because sometimes it would be three rounds before you started fighting back or trying to run.

But all in all a pretty amazing character for someone clearly quite new!
124098, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Rdenbrel the Foolish Seeker of Truth in the Trees, Banned From the Inn
Posted by Kregan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were obviously very new. Its a pity time ran out but these things happen. I hope that where I could I helped you along the way. Good work on trucking it out to the end I approve of such :)

More importantly I hope you enjoyed your time and will be back for more.

All the best!
124097, Someone finally figured to check at the roadside shrine?
Posted by Kowelu Rizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Queen of non sequitur, although I'll chalk that down to ESL. But goddamnit, use your shift key! And don't put emotes in tells! And edges and areas are not an IC concept!

Didn't hate you, even though you invoked a lot of pet peeves, and trying to sound pitiable didn't make things any better.
124100, Wait, this just sounded snobby and assholish.
Posted by Kowelu Rizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not meaning to crap on your learning experience.
Better luck with your next!
124104, That's what I thought.
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If this was a newer player, I think a concept like "I can't ask about this thing I want to know about because I might ruin someone else's rp immersion" is one that is kinda counter-intuitive and takes several months if not years to get attuned to.

I still don't use the shift key myself most times. Also, in Real life, when I am talking to someone, I never correct their capitalization after they tell me something verbally.