Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Hurk Durk the Wandering Giant, Stone Smasher of the Inn
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=123949
123949, (DELETED) [HERALD] Hurk Durk the Wandering Giant, Stone Smasher of the Inn
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Apr 4 22:12:27 2015

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Hurk perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:274
123950, Was a fun trial
Posted by Hurk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I havent played a warrior in a reeeeaaaallly long time. SO what else other than a giant warrior! I had fun with his rp of being an idiot but really "giant smart" got inducted with Pralus my role bard, and he disapeared, then Snabby, then Irreswyn went bat #### I wanna hunt #### crazy( Im convinced Ive traveled with you before as another bard) Had a great time, got to teach alot of newor returning players random tid bits of information. Overall the character was pretty fun, but by the time the delete came I was known for getting folks gear, which was fine, but all I ever did was run around kill stuff hoard boss weapons then give them away, Im sure I contributed to many deaths, even though I never personally killed anyone. I know people say heralds can pk, but the rp doesnt work for me especially if those same people would be at the inn and try to retaliate. I wasnt trying to encourage that type of herald, so I wasnt going to be that type of herald. There are way to many people to list, but feel free to drop a line. It was a fun ride, but there was no way I could continue to age death, and con death was still a little far off and outside of just stupid reckless behavior it wasnt going to happen either. Didnt have the crop of explorers I wanted to travel with other than Irewsyn and I didnt travel with imperials after the emperor came talkin high and mighty about buyin the inn and Hurk working for them and ####. So yea to all imperlals after Alterial I told you no. You have enough power to get mine. I tried to be the big arms for the little man. Feel free to comment.
123951, Thanks for some of the warrior how to.
Posted by Gutakyla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was also Kortath the Paladin. Hurk was a nice character all around.
123952, RE: Thanks for some of the warrior how to.
I tried to be as indiscriminate as possible, other than a disdain with the empire. Anyone else was good.
123953, One of the first.
Posted by Huacan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Likely the first Cloud giant I had any interaction with in the game. Very glad to see someone like you around and doing what you did for other folks, especially the newer ones. I'm glad you made it as long as you did because you certainly helped out a lot of those new folk. GLWYN
123954, Loved your character with my shifter.
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really wanted to see you ride a dragon and would have liked to explore a bit with you. A little sad my shifter didn't work out, but I've been clean and sober since then so maybe it was meant to be. I still lurk the forums though... so maybe not 100% clean yet. hah

Later, Nibabizo.
123956, Liked me some Hurk. (n/t)
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
123961, RE: Was a fun trial
Posted by Ireswyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had fun with you. I remember you coming up when i was more "heraldy" and talking to whyisdan about you. Good times usually. I was usually down for whatever with you, and damn did you make overhead look fun :).

Sitting around the inn won't be quite as fun without you hanging around.
Just wish you were not quite the pacifist, we could have wrecked stuff. I will get smashed in the inn in your honor.
123962, RE: Was a fun trial
Ive gone the smash route with you Im quite sure with a couple different characters(both mine and yours) and got the bad end of the deal. But damn it was fun everytime
123963, my dragon pirate friend
Posted by marintok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
we had some cool adventures and I remember when you were young and talking in the inn quite a bunch, I really enjoyed traveling with you. It seemed at the end that i times just didnt match up to much anymore (either you stoped playing as much or my time change hurt it) but it was still good to see you on. And man irewsyn got us into some huge scrapes but we never died, was really fun traveling with you.

Marintok
123980, As Araton, I LOVED me some Hurk for a good long but, right up until the incident. After that you were dead to me.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I couldn't continue on with my intended cabal path after what you did, and I consider that to have been the point at which major stuff started going wrong for the character, so thanks a ton for that. I just don't know in what world you think what you did was okay, that I should have been okay with it, or that I should have felt even slightly less betrayed by it than I did. Your reaction afterwards was just amazing to me, like I was making a big deal out of nothing. You were someone I WANTED to spend more time around, because your presence and roleplay were fun and I wanted to be a part of it. It's a shame when just a few really ####ty moments can completely destroy someone's perception of a character forever.
124012, You do understand you sound like a girl being dumped?
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT