Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [None] Reegun Du'Vains the Hellish Fury of the Design, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=123849
123849, (CON LOSS) [None] Reegun Du'Vains the Hellish Fury of the Design, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Mar 26 20:14:41 2015

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Reegun perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:476
123852, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Reegun Du'Vains the Hellish Fury ...
Posted by Raman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn where do I begin, I love playing shamans. This is likely somewhere around my 30th or so. I have been playing the game for around 18 years now and it still makes me laugh. The paths I had where neat, I landed a lot of kills with my smite commune. Dont even have a clue as to how many pk wins or loses I have but they where all entertaining. It seems like 70% of people hated my guts OOC, still not sure why. I was an EVIL EMPRESS, sorry if I wasnt nice to you but guess what, I WAS EVIL! I ignored all the trash talk OOC on the boards and kept listening to my IMM Destuvius who was ####ing awesome to follow. Talk all the #### you guys want it honestly just makes me laugh and feel like I must have done something right to get this much hate.

Destuvius - Your the bees knee dude, You constantly encouraged me and rewarded me through out my long life. Sucks you never could get that weapon crafted we talked about that could have been a lot of fun to tinker with, maybe next time though ;) You always told me I succeeded where all others had failed you and it made me chuckle every time I heard it. I did what I could to build you the Empire you had wanted and I think I did ok at it for the most part. Keep being a presence in the Empire and the Game I enjoy it as do others. A tip though if I may, it always frustrated me the lack of IMM exp you offered from cool interactions we had. Perhaps reward folks with a little imm exp in the future, even 100xp from an IMM means more than 1000 from anything else to most players.

Akerius - I am sure I spelled that wrong and didn't take the time to look it up. Though we never talked at all I think I always felt like you where watching me as much as I see your Chalice fill up after I would slaughter people.

Other Imm - Thanks for doing your part in keeping the game going it is appreiated more than you may hear or know sometimes. And dont be affraid to make your presence known, it pumps up the player base and makes the game better for everyone.

Empire- Oh my lovely lovely Empire where to begin. I have played every sect you have to offer and damn near every class you will allow in your doors. I often go another way just to change things up but I love the politics of the Empire and the Council as a whole. You must play your part and trust no one to reach that all important throne and its awesome. I interacted with way to many of you to start naming them off so post and I will be happy to reply.

Enemies - Well that was about anyone who wasn't an Imperial for the most part. A few come to mind as my harder foes to fight

Liantae - ####ing beast mode drow with swords and axes. We had a ton of fights and I think you ended up winning the count 8 to 7 or maybe more than that I cant recall to be honest. You where always a classy dude for the most part and a pain in the ass to order and all it stood for. Good job dude!

Lilyth - You also had my number for the most part as well. You are clearly one of the more skilled Druid players I have come across. I have played half a dozen or a dozen druids in my day and damn if you didn't make me miss it. You could be classy at times and a #### at others which confused me but I didn't really care either way. Keep on keeping on man

Aoirse - Your right I had your number from the time we came in contact. Shamans are one of the tougher classes for villagers and if your not a berserker the chance for you to kill me and die to me becomes greater. A tip for next time though, use you axes against shamans. A shamans biggest weakness against a warrior is getting lagged. Timing pincers or cranials will kill a shaman quicker than anything just ask Liantae. I was a bit disappointed when you got commander and still avoided me like I was Tiamat walking down eastern but I kinda cant blame you. Cloud giant scout < Shaman period but we did have some good talks and regardless of how pissy Reegun was IC to you I still dug you OOC. Good job on that one man cause I dont like a lot of people.

The dreaded eye Kwoliolia - I hated you so bad IC but thought you where badass OOC. I honestly started dressing just in hopes of not dying to you anymore. That nuero was nasty and would end in my death frozen 8 out of 10 times and I hated that so bad. You where scarry as hell to me and always managed to slip away from me writhing in agony. You sir where an awesome Scarab.

Its lates as crap and I gotta get up for work in about six hours so I am out for now. So many people do not get offended if I didn't mention you. Just post good or bad and I will reply tomorrow after work maybe.

CF you crazy bitch I just cant get away from you, your like that crazy red head girl friend that you think might stab you if you piss her off but god is she fun in bed.

Reegun, Raheena, Rupen, Caztor, and many many many many many others over the years. Let the hatin begin cause I need a laugh.
123853, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Reegun Du'Vains the Hellish Fury ...
Posted by Kregan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked you. I agree 100% with some of your sentiments Empire polotics can be some of the most interesting things in the game. It really does open up a whole range of ways things can be played, and different viewpoints/approach on a common goal.

Although it drew alot of vitriol for you on the forums. I really liked some of the additional rules you put in place. To me it was very "This is MY city, you think you can attack me and hide in My city." I thought whole heartedly that this is just one of the very many different ways that an Emperor can be.

This was the choice you made. You stuck to your guns right the way through and despite some fairly nasty forum words you kept on trucking.

Well done! GLYWN
123856, I had no issues with you
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As Magner, I thought you a dangerous but pretty respectable enemy. You were always willing to give a fight and I think we had some good ones. In the beginning they were certainly lopsided in your favor but I thought things at least evened out as time went on.

I will say is that you didn't always roam with a gank squad when you could have been. I was often wary of you and expected it but we had a few fights where you could have involved others and didn't. That does good things for the game when numbers are skewed towards one side.

In addition to that I noticed that when you had the numbers advantage you sometimes didn't raid until one of us fell away from the village when you likely could have won the raid. Another important thing when numbers are skewed.

Anyway, well done.
123858, liked you as an enemy
Posted by silat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I also liked the way the edict mixed things up. From what I saw, you weren't like the current batch of hand-holding Imperials. You were willing to throw down without a group to back you up.
123861, I am not sure what all the fuss was about.
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I played with you from both sides, and to be honest I don't understand why so many people cared about what you were doing. You were tougher than most opponents but if you knew when to get out you weren't really much of a threat. And your roleplaying was pretty much non-existant except for that evil priesty stuff that you had down pretty well. When you tried anything else you sounded like a pk robot who's 2nd goal was gear. You looked and sounded like a fairly typical CF character to me. Nothing great, but nothing terrible to merit all the complaints. Maybe you were doing stuff behind the scenes that most people didn't see.

All in all, Meh, and GLWYN.
123870, Never understood why everyone hated you...
Posted by Crraya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a class act with Crraya. You were always up for a fight (even though they seemed to go well for you unless you had overwhelming odds).

Anyways, hope you enjoyed our interactions and banter.
123881, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Reegun Du'Vains the Hellish Fury ...
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed Reegun, though our back and forth banter might have been limited (hard to argue with a set in its way however many hundred hour storm giant). Never saw any reason for the disdain from the player base. If you're on team powerhouse, oh well. I always knew I'd come back to my gear minus a choice piece or two plus a replacement, even if it was a group. Rp I saw was good though. Never heard smack talk IC from cabal mates. That generally means you're decent enough.

Best of luck with the next.

K
123888, Look at how far you have fallen.
Posted by Omntur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fallen six feet under. I new you were emperor so I thought it sounded fitting. The fight was fun. Good luck with your next.
123904, Great foe
Posted by Liantae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a lot of fun fighting and RPing with you. From time to time it seemed as if it was 2 VERY different players playing Reegun.

Before you became emperor, hell, even before you became high priest, you had my numbers I thought. You kicked me around a lot and used a lot of interesting tactics with communes I'm not that familiar with...

Then you became high priest, it was a bit of the same. But when you hit emperor... Suddenly it was only sigil, plague, wither, poison, weaken etc... No matter what gear I had. Sometimes I had +5str and droped weapons ASAP, other times I had +30 str and you couldn't get them out of my hands.

You were odd RP-wise as well, sometimes RPing with you was great. Other times, your RP was so thinly veiled ooc that my eyes almost hurt. This didn't occur until near the end, and it got worse and worse during your last weeks as emperor. It was odd to see considering how consistent you had been for the first 200 hours of gametime I had with you.

Anyway, all in all I saw you as a great char.
123907, Some good, some bad
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There were moments when I watched you as an IMM that turned me off to this character. Some of the things you said were more suited to a forum rant or an OOC discussion about gear than actual roleplay. For example, I am reading this good-bye thread and it looks like something Reegun would write rather than the player behind the character.

From a mortal and immortal standpoint, though, I respected how well you handled a shaman at the hero ranks; it's something I've not yet been able to do well. You tooled Aurtu repeatedly (but you were smart enough not to come after him in the Temple).

As for the echoes, I snoop a lot of fights and if I see something cool, I will drop an echo as a pat on the back.

Overall, I thought this was a decent character. Good luck on your next.
123850, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Reegun Du'Vains the Hellish Fury of the Design, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Interacted with you across three characters:
- Sai was an enemy
- Padfeinwen was neutralish
- Auudreyz as an ally

Never understood why people didn't like you to be honest. I assume it was because you were a skilled PKer and when people can't take you down IC they will resort to OOC means.

I thought you were top-notch.