Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Willet Trill the Harai Goshi
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=123788
123788, (DELETED) [None] Willet Trill the Harai Goshi
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Mar 20 15:41:24 2015

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Willet perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:37
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:118
123816, Enjoyed Willet alot.
Posted by Willet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lost steam, though, when I left Battle. Was trying out arial assassins and realized that they're really, really good.

123818, RE: Enjoyed Willet alot.
Posted by Kregan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was confused when I saw this I could have sworn you were battle but here you were not this cleared things up.

From what I observed ... You certainly seemed to give a lot of issues from the shadows :)

If I can ask and it doesn't impact anything happening IC why did you leave battle?
123819, No IC reasons...
I had a 2nd char that was also in Battle (though neither was in any leadership-type positions or knew anything about the other).

One I played when I knew I may have to go AFK alot (Willet) and the other I played when I thought I could pay more attention.

I found out that it was against the rules, so deleted the char I thought I could RP leaving battle with easier... and then decided I didn't want to.

Anyways - I'll roll up another arial assassin when my current is dead and dusted.
123823, RE: No IC reasons...
Oh! Cheers for the open honesty. Its always a tough choice and yeah hiding classes are great if you need to go wandering now and again. I guess now you know for next time.

Either way you had a lot of people wary in the low ranks so well done there. I hope you enjoy whatever you roll next.
123825, I didn't realize I was breaking any rules.
Hopefully this will be a service announcement for everyone else.

If you have 2 chars in the same cabal, even if they never have any crossover whatsoever, it's against the rules.

From an IMM-perspective, I wasn't slapped around or anything. I was just informed that one of the two chars would have to leave Battle. No penalties outside of that. So, it was handled well... I just didn't want to play Willet outside of Battle.

I love Cabal wars and to go uncaballed would have bored me. To go Imperial after being Battle would have seemed cheap. So deleted.
123826, RE: I didn't realize I was breaking any rules.
Wasn't having a go apologizes if it came across that way.

Sounds like it was handled very well on both sides ... and yeah sometimes you just have an idea that works really well and when interrupted the flair kind of fades.
123829, Not at all... I just figured this would be a good service announcement...
... and then I didn't want anyone thinking that I was knocking the IMM's for it.

Either way, I'll come back with another arial assassin soon enough!
123833, Is this a new rule?
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've never noticed this rule before and I've been playing off and on since 1996. I may have just always overlooked it since I never considered playing two characters in any cabals at the same time before.
123838, Not really
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was something Cyradia championed so it was probably 6-12 months before she left staff.
123843, I think I have this weird thing where multiple years still feels new to me.
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I still think of Conjurers and Orcs as new! :P
123824, That fight on hamsah outskirts was one of my all time favourite
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had less than 100hp when you went down. I never thought I'd land a PK by spamming thrust, but I did! You were a handful, the fact I had to resort to such tactics says a lot.