Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ildrasi Ibmoddan the Passionate Impressionist
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=123095
123095, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ildrasi Ibmoddan the Passionate Impressionist
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jan 26 05:13:17 2015

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Ildrasi perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:334
123141, Paint the sky red with blood and bile!
Posted by Ildrasi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Early on, I swore to myself I would con die this character. Never again will I con die a minotaur, as walking back from Seantryn Modan could drive a man crazy. But I did try hard to be what I consider a courageous Battlerager, even if that meant fighting against bad odds in the long shot I might be able to take out someone before I fell.

Immortals: I tried being the epitome of what is Battle, but I know I didn't kick ass and take names enough to stand out, and I suspect that you really don't like it when people go off in a corner and try to get skills up. Thanks for the title and the two little xpadd that I got when I was younger. I very intentionally did not try to be an attention whore, but I would have enjoyed immortal interaction, and I had hoped to be deemed worthy of a tattoo. I wasn't, and I recognize that I wasn't a standout.

Aoirse & Magner : two great leaders, ready to guide young village men, but more importantly, ready to lead through example when you are available. You two truly are model leaders, and although the cabal could use you on 24-7, it has been good to see Battle growing steadily since the rites. That could not happen if you were complacent. Thanks

Serrkal : Ferocious cat, and I get the sense you are doing well in PK. Keep on being a steady presence and kicking ass.

Heaghul: Every Battle man likes a good defender. At times I really thought you were that person. Maybe it was battle spam, maybe it was mino speech, maybe it was some dark and twisted RP or secret grievance against Ildrasi, but I felt I could not rely upon you to keep me in fighting shape. Defenders are the secret strength of Battle, and the cabal will not be successful as a whole without you fulfilling your role.

Altariel: you were a great foe, and although it was always a lopsided fight, I relished each chance to test myself against you.

Reagun: You are not the Alzheimer's patient-president your name summoned to mind, but I maintain that the success of the Empire is largely due to you. A good foe, although a really hard fight.

Xerxul: Insolent, condescending, and like every damned elf I fought, a really bad matchup for Ildrasi if I couldn't send you running early.

Marintok: You were always spouting off "More iron!" but the reality was that I only did well against you when I had good maces (ave 26+) and you were wielding a spear. The moment you switched to swords I was screwed, as I could not hit you. Thanks for giving me the fights we had and letting me win one out of every four matchups.

Yog Yog & the Orcs: Yog Yog gave Drasi a reason to love orcs and goblins, so I went out of my way to maintain good relations with tribesman.

Raeth: A hasted felar with good gear and catnip is a bitch to fight, and although you exploited that matchup, you didn't abuse me nearly as much as you could have, and in the middle ranks you were the only person who would give me a fight at all. I appreciated our rivalry, and like you, I really wanted a chance to tattoo your ranger with a good set of drumming maces. Keep up your terrorist ways, and raid the Spire so you can build up the reputation needed to challenge the Nightreaver.

General Observations:
There were not enough saves-gear in the world to help against shaman, although saves were very effective against mages even without spellbane.

Fighting mages, mace/pole & landslide was great.

I took crashing of waves to help deal with all the elf swords I encountered, but it was not enough to deal with the foes Ildrasi had. Boneshatter was tough to land, and if I missed or they evaded drum early in the fight, I would need to retreat if I wished to survive. Long, close-to-the-wire fights were extremely rare. Please, please make the unpredictable edge an option for orderly characters if that is going to be the only way to counteract STSF warriors.
123146, nuther heiffer fer tha' glue pot!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I kinda agree, not a stand out villager, but solid, willing to take the fight and own your losses. I have no problem with people going off to perfect skills, I do it myself for must have stuff.
You had some good wins, and brutal loses, and kept trucking. I can't ask more of villagers.

GLWTN
123110, Knew this was coming but damn sad to see you go.
Posted by Aoirse Heron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will try to write more, when I return from vacation.

Awesome villager.

Always willing to talk to applicants.

Always willing to fight.

You will be missed.

But that damn minator speech will not be.
123109, nice job i liked you.
Posted by marintok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think we were a even match if I didn't cheat, you started beating me on a normal basis so I started using preps vs you and that seemed to make it almost impossible for you to kill me, but hey you made me burn my few preps that I know/carry.

Man slice is super annoying, I remember the one fight we had I impaled you, you sliced me I was taking CAPS damage on the tick and you were taking scratches, also you started using iron weapons (which took longer than I thought) and then your deathblows and drums got scary, seemed like there at the end you just had the worst luck vs me i know of atleast 2-4 fights we had where you died and I had less than 50hp and had to quaff ahealing potion or get to a healer before the tick hit, and I made it sometimes, sometimes I didnt.

Overall I liked you, gutsy balls to the wall for sure. And it was fun fighting someone who could take 50% of my hp if they ever hit a 5 hit drum, see you in the fields.
123105, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ildrasi Ibmoddan the Passionate Impressionist
Posted by Serrkal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sucks to see this, but colored me surprised that you made it 334 hours. You made a lot of choice I never would in regards to getting into fights.

You lived reckless and died young, something all ragers should aspire to.
123102, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ildrasi Ibmoddan the Passionate Impressionist
Posted by Altariel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The number of times I've killed you must have led some number-cruncher in IMM-land to surmise that I've been multi-killing you. I feel obliged to mourn your passing as a player.

You were always up for a fight, and sometimes too much so. I thought we had good battles, though there were many times when you probably should've fled and come back another time. You did get me at least twice, though, so it was a lop-sided record but not so lop-sided that I considered you a risk-free kill. Certainly I had to be quite careful and at least prep minimally, or a drum could take away 600 hp.

Thank you for all the fights, and good luck with your next. I hope I didn't treat you too poorly in our battles - I did make it a point not to go after you in the same login and not to loot anything that wasn't a replacement for my gear (but you would often attack after an unghosting from a death anyway).

A pity you never did end up switching sides to Empire. I did try so very hard to persuade you in the War Master-y way.
123101, Nice run. Had no idea you were about to con death
Posted by Magner on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mino speech is such a bitch but I felt like I could understand you pretty well. I just feel bad I got you stuck in Enpolad's that one time. I always kept forgetting! I nearly tried to take you to Thar-Acacia one time to help you hero but remembered about that damned speech, thankfully.

It's too bad Ildrasi is gone, especially when rager heroes are few. I hope you had fun and I thought you did very well. I know there were some frustrating parts about playing your character but you handled it well. I never felt like you were being overly negative about it or anything, even though it sounded like you thought you may have been at times.

I like the logs you posted on qhcf. I think people give drum a lot more credit than it deserves. 4 or 5 hit drums aren't common in PK - it's just the way it is. Well, for me at least. I've only had 2 - 5 hit drums in PK in the entire chars life.

I've also lost several fights where one solid drum would win it for me, I rolled the dice with it and lost. I've also missed out on several PK's because people wimpied on a drum hit. No idea if there were more drum hits to come but perhaps a cranial would have sealed it for me instead of going for the kill shot. But, it is what it is.

I was always curious how you got the title?

123097, Farewell, Bull.
Posted by Raeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You and I went back and forth a whole lot in our younger years. I know you were taking it 'in the pants' a bit from empire as you were often the lone villager on, I made it a point that I'd not prioritize you over imperials/etc, I'd only take a shot if I caught you in one of my various snares.

A part of me did hope we'd get to have an all out hero 'grudge match' but, apparently that wasn't meant to be. Good fights, good interactions, good sportsmanship. You've got my vote pal.

-Raeth