Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Raijan the Knight of the Cracked Mug, Lucky Priest of Thirteen
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=123056
123056, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Raijan the Knight of the Cracked Mug, Lucky Priest of Thirteen
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 24 18:37:37 2015

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Raijan perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:191
123144, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Raijan the Knight of the Cracked Mug, Lucky Priest of Thirteen
Posted by von on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good showing, always willing to mix it up, and definitely a strong presence. Get back soon (but I don't think that will be a problem :)) GLWYN
123156, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Raijan the Knight of the Cracked Mug, Lucky Priest of Thirteen
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks man. Appreciate it.
123107, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Raijan the Knight of the Cracked Mug, Lucky Priest of Thirteen
Posted by Kregan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were just a thorn in my side an much like the other shield paladins I felt a degree of helplessness when trying to work around some of the paladin abilities. I was so pissed off when you killed me and took my tankard. :)

Well played GLWYN.
123139, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Raijan the Knight of the Cracked Mug, Lucky Priest of Thirteen
Believe it or not, I used to have trouble with Bards and my Pally's. They have options to stack so much darned Dam redux it can be hard to hammer them down before they land the key songs. It was nice getting you in the barn that time, but other than that, dealing with Pally's some prepage is needed. It's one of the reason I play them, they, in a lot of ways, are easy street. I think the only one I haven't played to hero, or near hero, is an avenger.... Might be on my list some day.

Keep trucking man.
123104, One of the toughest foes I had
Posted by Altariel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the fights, although I must say I found you incredibly frustrating to fight against. Temperance, studded buckler lagging shield jabs, and probably fortitude too? You were a beast in melee. I can't say I'll miss facing this particular match-up.

Well played, and good luck with your next.
123137, RE: One of the toughest foes I had
Thanks for the kind words. It was temperance but not Fortitude, and I didn't keep the studded buckler much, It was shield of light most of the time. I just had the damaging edge. Studded buckler with that edge hits way hard. You weren't too bad to RP with, fun to fight when you would. Keep it up.

123078, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Raijan the Knight of the Cracked Mug, Lucky Priest of Thirteen
Posted by Rarhari on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was sad when you deleted, you were a real fun character to be around and i enjoyed rolling with you.
123079, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Raijan the Knight of the Cracked Mug, Lucky Priest of Thirteen
Thanks! You were awesome yourself. that build looks way fun. Wish I'd thought of it.
123073, Goodbyes
Well, another quick flame out on the books. Some day I will get a character that keeps my interest for more than 200 hours of play time. It was fun while it lasted for the most part. There are only a few things I regret doing in this characters lifetime. First and foremost was hording the Shield of Light. I was sooooo fricken attached to that thing, as most anyone who met this character knew. But it is clutch into putting shield pallys on easy mode. Thats for sure. Having serious connection issues from home was the nail in the coffin for this one. 30 Second lag spikes in the middle of being chased by a druid and savage ranger was the suck, that's for sure.

Now, on to goodbyes.

First and foremost, Whiysdan. As always man I loved our interactions. I love how you get into it with each character. But man I really felt like this was a rehash for me and therefore not as much fun for you. You played it well, thats for sure. Some day, not so soon, I'll try for something unique in a follower of yours because you are awesome sauce to the extreme. I hope I at least made you chuckle a few times.

Baer. Thanks for everything fort. Thanks for Maranation, and thanks for understanding when I turned down the Leader spot. Having two in a row right before that, and sooooo many other Maran out there, I just didn't feel right taking it up, esp if I was going to flame out like I did.

Fort, Sooo many of you, doing so many good things. It's sad to see all of us flaming out at the same time, but hopefully you all will be back with something soon. Most all of my fortress interactions were really good.

Empire:

Reegun - Your still active, so I'll save most of my comments for your deletion thread. suffice to say, I did not like you IC or OOC.

Vhelicia - Sad to see what happened with this. I think we had a good banter going on, and enjoyed our interactions.

Piktazu - Liked you, those traps were annoying and if I ignored them, like I would do with a Monk, they could be dangerous. But you were well RP'd and interesting to be around.

Behmurra - Should have posted on your death thread. For the most part, see Reegun, but on a lesser scale. I think I could have grown to like you more had it lasted longer.

Talice - Man, you were one unlucky SOB. But you took it in stride. I hope you enjoy the character.

Others, post and I'll reply.

Scarab -
Kwoafsjkafljsdalasdjlf, I just never had enough SVP, EVER. Your RP was interesting, though we never interacted much beyond the couple of times you got me and cast Occular Enhancement on me. Cool nich, but I didn't think that worked on non-trusting. Either way, you had a knack of poping up at the most inopportune times.

Tsalantha - In the mid ranks, you humbled me, I was running hard and large, not fearing most anything, then along came you and I had all my teleport potions in my chest, and panicked. I think after I got Eyes, the tables turned, but I don't think I ever killed you... Well RP'd all around and scarry AP.

Outlander:
Raeth - Loved me some Raeth. That time I walked into your snare without Sanc up. Gah.... I kicked myself. Never walked into the wilds without a 3 hours sanc up if I knew you were around. Well played and beast mode. I wish I could play a ranger like that. And your RP, was top notch. Loved the interactions, especially our "Secret" I love those times when I can Laugh in the middle of playing this game.

Lilyth - Pretty sure you and I only had that last fight in the imperials lands, which saddens me. The LAG spikes made for panic which made for a dead me. Well played though.

I'll be back, not sure with what yet. But thanks everyone for making this an enjoyable 200 hours for the most part.
123081, We could have had some fun.
Posted by Hurk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why does everyone always get sucked into cabal wars! Come be a herald and well go run the black market on everything we can get our hands on.
123082, Good paladin
Posted by Tsalantha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I respected Raijan. Gave a paladin vibe and there was never any sense of ooc bleeding through that I saw. I don't remember ever killing you though, but I definitely noticed you doing well in the mid ranks.

At hero you tore me apart even through full protections if I had time to put them up. Usually 2 rounds and I was down to the kind of hp where a 3rd round would be fatal, meaning an auto shield jab could finish me off.

That last fight where you saved Delkin (nice one for that, even if it rained on my parade!) was confusing as hell for me because I didn't realise you were on and when we clashed the spells I was trying to use were targetted at Rarhari, since I didn't realise it wasn't him I was fighting. That probably saved my life though as if I had got a spell off (instead of a "huh") I think I would have died before I unlagged.

Well played and glwyn.
123083, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The few interactions we had were good. Par for the course with you. I'm not able to guess who you are, just know that whatever it is will be
well rp'ed.

We haven't all deleted, btw.

Good luck with the next!
123085, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Raeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a great time interacting with you as well, I wish we would've had the opportunity to continue our banter. Disturbing our raid against Empire was a dangerous undertaking and took some stones. I was saddened when Lilith told me you not returned for your things, and had left the realms. Also, Rarhari is notably grumpier since your departure, and the reason for it is obvious! ;)

123086, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Talice on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can't say I'm too sad to see you leave.... you were a bane in my life lol.
Seriously, thought you were a solid character and I enjoyed our fights, even though it meant me dieing repeatedly to your wrath... God I hate wrath.
Seems I will never get the chance to pay you back now.. And damn I missed a fair few assassinations against you even with some good stalking going on.
A nice char and good luck with your next.
123149, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed Raijan. Glad you had fun, but wish you would have stuck around a little bit longer. Thanks for the fun RP!

=w=
123155, RE: Goodbyes
Thanks for this. I was worried. Every new follower of yours I try to give a different spin, but it always seems to come back to booze. Probably my repressed Mormon self I guess. I always and I mean always have top notch times with you. I know that if it ever feels less than that, it's my fault. I'll be back I'm sure, hope you don't get tired of me... :P
123069, Brother Drunkard
Posted by Caellyon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Was great to have another Whiysdan follower to run around with in the Fortress. I remember you ranking up, causing some chaos and was excited to log in one day and see you in hero range. Was looking forwards to having some adventures with you. Maybe next time around?

Good luck with your next.
123074, RE: Brother Drunkard
I enjoyed our interactions immensely. You were fun to be around that's for sure. Keep it going, any cabal with a competent healer is going to do well.
123057, I liked you a lot, too. Should have mentioned that on Dio's. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
123075, RE: I liked you a lot, too. Should have mentioned that on Dio's. NT
Thanks man. Raijan tried to be more conservative than my previous paladins, so you had my head shaking with your balls to the wall attitude. It was fun though, sad you deleted, I think you were hitting your stride well.
123088, oh sure i dont even get a mention
Posted by marintok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Only a few times that darkness swayed and we did some damage, but I thought you were a good guy all around.

see you next time
123138, RE: oh sure i dont even get a mention
To be honest, I only remember two encounters with martinok. First was a tell literrally as you walked into the room and started a PK encounter that the Light tipped, then some banter after when I chased you around beating on you for that. But solid character all around, keep it up.