Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mhaerdhess Silmandillaril the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=123051
123051, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mhaerdhess Silmandillaril the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 24 14:33:07 2015

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Mhaerdhess perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:120
123106, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mhaerdhess Silmandillaril the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Kregan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was very wary fighting you. The last few times were most definitely in your favour but impale and bone-shatter triggers the GTFO button pretty quick. Couple STFS with either a healer that curses or paladin wrath and things get ugly real fast.

I guess one thing would be try not to get tied up in the forum drama I kind of feel that this was perhaps part of your issue.
123094, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mhaerdhess Silmandillaril the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Altariel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some great fights, even though mostly it was in the context of group battles.

I wish we could've had a Maran elf vs Imperial dark-elf throwdown. Although I suspect the match-up would favour me assuming I could cover +13 str/dex, which is not too hard with Blade of the Codex and maybe a good enlarge potion.
123091, You shouldn't be so reckless
Posted by Leata on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were a good force for the cabal, but overly reckless. We've talked about it.
You were to be Maranated, FWIW, if only you wouldn't needlessly suicide as much, sometimes dragging others with you in the process. There's a fine line between courage and throwing your life away. I think Baer's interaction was to make that point since we both agreed on it. Hope you enjoyed our little training.
123093, I thought you were awesome.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're putting a ton of effort into your RP and it shows.

This char was originally a test character to try out STSF.

Eventually, I started having fun so I started on a role that would lead to me getting turned evil....so don't feel too bad about everything.

PS That death on Eastern was a cluster-####, but only because we didn't plan. I nearly killed Celent even though I was solo and getting wailed on by Altariel. I think that's what Mhaerdhess's biggest weakness was, is that I often allowed others to make plans without me instead of inserting myself into all the plans.

PPS For the record, if I say I'm about to engage someone, that doesn't necessarily mean I want anyone's help. It doesn't mean I DON'T...but...

PPPS I hope you get Marshall.
123100, RE: You shouldn't be so reckless
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think he was reckless, until right at the end.

I would argue that many others are excessively conservative. There is the occasional group whose chance of killing me exceeds my chance of killing them by a significant margin but they will not fight until the chance of me winning is literally zero in the absence of their whole group suddenly experiencing lag at a precise moment when I am not. They probably consider themselves as sensible but as it means already one sided fights in their favour become even moreso it isn't really good for the game, imho.

With cabal powers come some rp responsibilities. Often I get the comeback that I am just expecting people to line up and die but that is not the case. Mhaer got the balance right and won pretty much every fight against me without him ever dying, and I came closer to dying in those fights than he did. If you aren't willing to accept any risk at all then I question whether you should enjoy the benefits of being caballed.

There's a fort healer who also has the balance about right. They don't put themselves at undue risk but they do take on some risk in upholding their ideals.
123071, I liked you.
Enjoyed our scraps even though I don't remember any resulting in deaths.

You were much more Maran like than many of the others I saw get Maran because you put yourself in harm's way when you had too. You were already tough and I was waiting for you to get Maran and become that much tougher. It frustrates me at those times when I see someone get Maran even though they would never even move to defend they outer when I retrieved and the were in the fortress, until they had been maranated. But you never backed down and I admired that. I wanted to see you succeed even though it would have made life harder for me.

I think you were on the edge of that success, and needed only to give Baer what she was pointing out to you she wanted to see.

Glwyn and thanks for being a player that was willing to mix it up without excessive backup.
123068, Mhaerdhess!
Posted by Caellyon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Thanks for everything. I remember when I first met you and gave you that spear only to hear you lost it ten minutes later. I loved that about you, always on the move and always ready to mix it up and have a laugh. My schedule has been all over the place lately, would have been good to interact with you a bit more. Either way, it was great having you around.

Good luck with the next!
123065, Hi
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interactions.
123058, The Grind that is CF got to me again.
Baer, wasn't mad at your words...you just picked the worst timing ever. I hope you understand that?

Other than that, said pretty much all of it on Dio's.

Though one thing: I always found it funny people would complain about "Fortlander" when with this character I found often evil cabals would do the same thing that was habitually whined about.

Not necessarily a bad thing, just found it funny.

Finally got to play around with STSF (went a lot better than my last attempt) which is boss.

Elf Melee is relatively terrible though. I probably should have gone dagger/mace or sword/mace, but you live and you learn. Just frustrating knowing one of the most important pieces of gear for that build I could not get (Staff of Justice).

Oh well, on to my couple month break.
123062, Another flash in the pan
Posted by Yllonis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had lots of fun helping you out in the low/mid ranks, and also getting to run around with you at Hero. I wish I could have been around a bit more but my time is getting eaten up a bit right now. Solid Presence, and GLWYN.
123072, Also
It's probably the same people in empire or their lackies who were fort lander. Outlander all seemed to disappear at around the same time.
123055, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mhaerdhess Silmandillaril the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Rarhari on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were fun to have around, you had balls. Something alot of people don't these days without a group. Well done. Hope you create something again soon.
123059, Liked you...but didn't see you much this week.
Which was a bummer because I thought you were kinda neat.
123054, I enjoyed our interactions.
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mhaer was a fun character to be around. You were actively active. Not always PK, not always raid, just always. RP was pretty good, and consistent. Just generally enjoyed interacting with you.

Good luck with your next, of which I hope there continues to be many.

K
123060, Had a blast with you, just RPing and ####. NT
NT
123053, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mhaerdhess Silmandillaril the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Pralus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Are you serious? Couldn't have held out until after the tournament? For shame...
123052, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mhaerdhess Silmandillaril the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too bad. I was looking forward to scraping you. Glwyn
123089, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mhaerdhess Silmandillaril the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by marintok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always liked you even though you were a bit cocky, and that time you attacked me because we just happened to be going the same way on eastern made me laugh, seriously htough ew had some good time and had some rough ones also but you were a good guy I think, enjoyed playing with you.

See you next time.
123090, Was a fan of Marintok personally. Keep up the good work! NT
NT