Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Ellsto Seaheart the Primordial Priest of the Emerald Oak, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=122942
122942, (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Ellsto Seaheart the Primordial Priest of the Emerald Oak, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jan 12 21:43:09 2015

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Ellsto perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:163
122954, Life. What can you do?
Posted by Ellsto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks to everyone for a pretty fun 163 hours.

I'm so far removed from CF in my brain right now it's hard to recall all the great people I encountered. Please post and I'll respond.

122962, well, that was a good explanation
Posted by Raeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Life > CF. I completely understand, I just think that you autoing that specific character with that specific build is a shame, you could be doing so much to annoy imperials/reavers right now :P
122963, RE: Life. What can you do?
Posted by Throndin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oi!

I was wondering when you were going to come back. We had so much to talk about! The tree was very powerful in my younger ages but now sees to have quieted down a lot. I am sad to see you leave and would have liked to get in some good skirmishes both at the tree and at the spire. Well I hope life calms down for you and GLWYN.
122970, Real shame.
Posted by Mendos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Life has me all over the place too at the moment.

You were fun. Good luck with whatever you are busy with, and stop in again soon some time.
122971, Life is like a box of chocolates
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They're all coconut.
122974, Aww...
Posted by Irwabereth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some awesome talks and encounters. I adored Ellsto and I hope you're able to come back soon!
122976, Awwww
I thought you were great and loved our sort of fatherly daughter thing we had going. Nice watching your character mature too. People like you prove RP ain't dead on teh CF.
122986, Shame, I had prepared for fighting you
Posted by Haraji Oneiras on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but never got to try out the new tricks.

Giant shamans are a unique combo that has both high staying power and low staying power :) The former because of their sheer toughness, the latter because they have so little mana.

Good luck with life.
122952, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Ellsto Seaheart the Primordial Priest of the Emerald Oak, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Strienat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I was hoping that you might come back before this happened, but I guess not. What happened?

Ellsto was a good Strienat follower. Something I have loved about running this religion is that each person can spin so much of their self into it in such different ways. I enjoyed the way you did so and highly enjoyed our talks and the ones between you and Yllonis.

I hope that you enjoyed what you did when you were still around, and I hope you come back, you were definately worthwhile to the game.
122955, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Ellsto Seaheart the Primordial Priest of the Emerald Oak, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
I considered it yesterday, wondering how much time I had. I realized I'd lost the feel and most of my will to play CF for the time being. I was going to log on to delete, but then I auto'd anyhow.

Thanks for all the interactions and for timing a pep talk when I really needed it. Wish I could have done a better job for you, but right now I've got to do a good job for my real life. :/ If only playing good characters on CF put money in your bank account, ya know?
122950, Felt you could let up on killing the same guys repeatedly
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A number of outlanders seemed fairly happy to pk people that were recently killed (outside of situations where it is hard to avoid it if they don't give up) and it looked as if you might be one.

I've not been a victim first hand but it looked distinctly unfun for those that were.

Having said that I heard good things about you from those on your side.

Tactically I felt you busted out the nukes a bit early in the fights unless your aim was to drive people off rather than kill. For example, against a solo non shaman foe you will not usually want to open with wither as it will likely start them running early if if does anything much at all.
122956, RE: Felt you could let up on killing the same guys repeatedly
There were three people who got killed by me multiple times. Daphrdan, Regrag and Mmachadin. They wound up in this position by dying, then trying to raid again when really they had no chance of winning. I don't apologize for that. I won't hunt you down if I just killed you, so if you don't want to die, don't come at me or my cabal.

One thing I never quite figured out how to overcome was how well people saved against my communes. I never did manage the slow stealing of strength and dex until I could seal because I would fail dozens of communes. Hence the early wither. It was good defense a lot of the time. Helped me funnel people to a fight on my terms. That being said, I'm not very good at PK, so. . .
122961, Out of curiosity - what warpriest training?
heavy/light?
122968, Heavy, but I can't see a reason you'd ever pick that now. n/t
nt
122972, Followup Question:
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How did you find mana management with warpriest heavy giant?
122977, mana management
Well, keep in mind I had bioempathy and usually was resting in the forest. That helps. I also always had something like the troll amulet, snowy city, + morale items, or whatever I could use to regen insanely fast. Thin silver bracelets, if you're good, can help too depending on the rest of your suit. Because of that cabal power and the items I regen'd mana better than any of my mages ever have.

That being said, I always regenerated HP faster than mana, so I would guess a giant shaman should actually take light armor focus. You can use mana to create hp, but you can't use hp to create mana.
122964, Different checks for saves
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Plague checks con so good against low con races. Especially good against those elf paladins with temperance as beating their virtue and a save vs spell is a big ask.

I always found that Famish seems useful too as it can't be easily removed by most classes.

Re the killing, I didn't necessarily mean that you were killing people over and over. More that they'd get killed by you or an outtie shortly after dying to someone else.
122969, RE: Different checks for saves
These things you say are exactly what I believed going in. They are generally true, but I fought two dark elves on a regular basis and failed a majority of plagues on them.

I think possibly there's a wisdom check on shaman supps. Yours vs. theirs, no matter what the commune. I dunno, call me crazy.
122948, Another Bummer...
Posted by Yllonis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am sad to see this. I had alot of fun getting to talk religion with someone who perhaps is more of a mainstream Strienat follower. I enjoyed the chances we got to fight together. That said... I am really bummed that you never got the chance to explain to me about the Ooze!!! Because I had a rebuttal waiting...

Anyways, You'll be missed. GLWYN.
122957, Best buddy!
Sucks, man. Seems like my best buddy always ends up in another cabal. Yllonis was a solid character and I was always glad to see you log on. Good luck!
122945, Lame - knew this was coming
But lame. You had a good char/good shaman paths...so "where is the beef?" my friend?
122958, Reaver rangers with pounce are scary.
Posted by Relio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never had to fight you! Neener neener!