Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Agatho the Fist of Darkness, Imperial Dread Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=122880
122880, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Agatho the Fist of Darkness, Imperial Dread Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jan 8 22:40:07 2015

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Agatho perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:50
122887, A small goodbye
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wasn't even trying for the first to become a crazy flamefest, but hell, I can't do anything without controversy anymore lol.

Like I said before. I really have nothing bad to say about anyone in game, imms or otherwise. Even my greatest enemy, Lilyth, I respected. The emperor I wanted off the throne, even I respected Reegun even if we didn't seem to see eye to eye on how we wanted to approach inferno.

I enjoyed this character, but felt bad I got leader from Khal. Because I feel like Khal deserved it more. I don't really like to play leader chars that much. I'm spotty with my times and I like to leave that to more involved players. I like to take on area challenges.

Main reason for deletion was wands are not for me. The new system is an upgrade 100%, but some of the spots just make me lose interest in the system entirely, so I am going to keep to playing anything without a sleek. This is not really a complaint, because I generally don't like playing mages that much. I've always been a hide class player/communer with a few exceptions.

There may be a lot of imperials now that hell is open, but when you make it so basically only one cabal has the means to explore it because of (insert blank mechanic in hell that can change alignment), of course if hell is open people will play Empire. The whole power swing thing would change if goodies and neutrals could go there freely as well.

I do all my trip planning in game. I'll say the exact thing here I've said to anyone that has PMed me. I wont talk about it out of game. I'm not going to tell people what to play, or plan times, or talk compositions, nothing. Play what you enjoy, and if you want to go bad enough eventually you'll make your way onto a trip. It can all be done in character. I've done it. It may be a bit tougher but doesn't that make it all the more satisfying when you accomplish something? I know it did for me.

To anyone else that might be thinking about making a perma for hell. Just don't dude. The imms got their eye on people that go there, and trust me, they'll nail your ass. Its NOT worth it. Just play cf, enjoy, the area isn't going anywhere (I hope). There are several people aside from me that can lead hell I can think of two off the top of my head that can get to Satan just as well as me. Trips will happen naturally, just enjoy the game for what it is.

See you in the fields again soon my friends, and thank you all for a pleasant character experience.

Gaplemo

122931, For what its worth..
Posted by Mendos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..The time that I ended up on a hell trip with you and a bunch of others (through absolutely no devious out-of-character coordination) is a personal highlight in ~13 years of playing CF.

I'm sorry that personal plans fell by the wayside. I hope that you had some enjoyment out of this character, and regardless of whatever the specific circumstances of your experience (both in the past, and recently), I wish you all the best in whatever you do with yourself in future.
122934, Thanks man. I appriciate that really.
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Every now and then I get a comment like that that makes the whole massive planning and coordinating and making everything just line up in game just right worth it.

It's probably not CF. I'm just getting older, so I have less time for games, so I get jaded about #### a little easier. I guess we all long for the good old days (which actually werent so good most days heh).

I try never to fly off the handle too hard where I can never come back, because #### well, I always come back. You'll never see me be the asshole that throws a fit and posts all my hell info or area explore stuff, because I do still like the game, even if I am bored of it or had enough of it for the time. I disagree with staff members all the time, but I'm usually reasonable and try not to make it a name calling contest. Players I just fly off the handle at sometimes. Probably one of the reasons I never got imm, my forum persona over the years. If I just never posted on the forum I probably would have been on staff one of the 2 times I applied. I do love the game, but its a love hate for sure sometimes.

As long as there is an inferno, there will always be the chance that there is a Gaplemo lurking somewhere. Stick it out and get a badass religion man, and maybe you will see me try it sometime.