Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [SCION] Durzan the Master of Defense
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=122725
122725, (AUTO) [SCION] Durzan the Master of Defense
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Dec 18 17:53:19 2014

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Durzan perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:32
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:122
122728, RE: (AUTO) [SCION] Durzan the Master of Defense
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I made this character to try CF out again after a long time away. Unfortunately my internet went down, and I couldn't play, so I had to let Durzan autodelete.

Thanks to the enemies (Scion Durzan really didn't have many friends) for all the fights.

It was fun, and I think I managed a somewhat sub-par PK ratio (by my standards for a duergar sword spec). Either I've become rusty, or the remaining playerbase has a higher average skill level than before. I'm thinking it's a combination of both :-)
122727, Poop.
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked fighting/talking/etc with you as Fenx.

Another class act, Starbright.
122729, Thanks
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Fenx too, you were always up for a scrap and you did both victory and defeat graciously and with good sportsmanship.

I must say it was seriously frustrating having to fight you. Your combo countered mine so hard I was at a loss to beat you. That one time when your resist fell - I got lucky. Most of the time if you went with fists, I would lose the melee. I thought you must have chosen the edge for unarmed fighting, but it appears you didn't. If you did I think I would've fared much worse.

And one doesn't expect to lose melee fights as a sword spec with 100% defenses and all weapons (except whips) and riposte (not 100%, but still helps). I wonder if it would've gone better if I'd switched to dual maces or something, even without spec skills?

Edit to add: Oh, and I usually had +13 str and +7 dex - more than enough to cover a single kotegaeshi or kansetsuwaza. And the melee fights were mostly without both effects on at the same time.