Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aiyanatuin Tel'Runya the Planewalker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=122663
122663, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aiyanatuin Tel'Runya the Planewalker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Dec 15 14:26:16 2014

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Aiyanatuin perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:184
122668, Well. It was fun...
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First hero conjurer. First Fortress character. All in all, it was a good experience.

Role:

Aiyanatuin was a high elf from a society that had abandoned the world as we know it, to live out their lives away from their perceived evils. She, however, was 'touched' by evil whilst looking through an old book. This evil was with her at all times, and made her rethink the whole living separate from the world thing. Thus, she left her people and made the trek to our Thera.

I had hoped to maybe someday turn her evil, but that would have been much much later in life (as she is an elf) and I don't have the patience to play that out. I wish I had put more effort into her RP because it would have been quite interesting, but alas...

Conjurers:

Ok. Try to keep in mind that these are simply my personal opinions. Nothing more.

Goodie conjurers are at least a little bit OP. I say this after almost putting 200 hours into one. My main point is that there is very little you really need to do to get a HUGELY powerful character. You don't need to put work into practicing anything, because once you get archon, that stuff goes up anyways. You don't need wands, really, because archon takes care of that as well. You can heal most maledictions immediately with the right archon, and if you know you aren't really threatened by someone, you can just call an Angel and you automatically have CRAZY damage output.

Yes, the same thing kind of applies to evil conjies (as far as them being a bit OP) HOWEVER, evil conjies have a real serious chance that their conjurations could turn on them at any point. Trying to keep those bastards happy is a full-time job. It isn't the same with a goodie conjie. I never really worried about my conjurations. Between my strong familiar and just paying attention, I almost never saw myself running to get to a circle before they went crazy. There were a few instances, I suppose, but they were few and far between.

I suppose it is kinda hard to seal kills with an archon, but their ability to keep you in just about every fight allows you more time to try...

That's my 2 cents. I had a lot of fun playing goodie conjie so I won't lose any sleep if nothing changes.

Fortress:

My first fortie. It helped to dispel a lot of notions I had of forties before. I wasn't coddled by IMMS, I wasn't gifted crazy amounts of eq, we weren't roaming around in huge gangs all the time, in fact I was usually alone. I had an immensely fun time playing fortress, and I will certainly make another at some point. After much of my bitching about fortress in the past, I really can't find anything but positive things to say about it after playing one. Kudos to all the IMMS of fortress for their hard work and dedication.

Goodbyes:

I met a lot of people and had many memorable fights, but I'm only gonna shout-out a few standouts, so don't get mad if I don't mention you.

Jarlduz: Man oh man did I want to get a kill on you solo. I fought you as Eudessa as well, so I was well aware of what I was getting into. Me and Dolindar took you down, but it was a bit of a fluke as my earth elemental broke bond at the perfect time to hit you with a beautiful pummel. I had a really good plan in mind to take you down, but it required me to use an archangel and full protections. For whatever reason I never had the full protections to fight you with the angel, and if I wasn't fully protected with an angel, I was done for. Thus I always had to fight you with an archon, and that usually ended in a stalemate.

Ashmon: We had some really fun and interesting fights, but the chances of us killing one-another was small. I will remind you that I almost got you that time where (I think) my angel dispelled you. That one was close, but other than that it was always just pointless. Good stuff.

Trekberg: Goodie conjurer is the WORST possible matchup for an orc. I understand that completely. I think you're really strong and competent, but against me it was futile. I started to feel kinda like I was picking on you, so I stopped going after you so hard. You also have some skill or ability that brings archons into battle. That is kind of a big problem when you're dealing with a Transplendant. :) Take care man, and keep on trucking! (edited to add) I also wanted to mention that you never tried using spinalbreaker on me. I really thought that was your best chance to kill me as by spinalbreaking me you could have time to kill my archon or call someone else to help you kill me. But you never did give it a try...

Thanks as well to which ever IMM gave me full Maran. It was really fun to use powers I'd never used before. I tried to stay true to Maran values, and I'm quite proud of the fact that I never PK'd any neutrals or goodies. Especially since so many neutral outlanders tried to bring me down. Anyways, thanks.

That's all for now. I'll be back to these fields soon, but I'll take a short break.

-Aiyanatuin Tel'Runya, Eudessa Frostborn, Aiyade, Onya Stargaze, Danntruso Bonegnaw, etc, etc...

122681, RE: Well. It was fun...
Posted by Trekberg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My biggest problem with you was the archon and elemental helping. I was hoping to be able to get you before they got me.

Also, I seem to vaguely remember that if you were knocked out then the archon would just step in and fight for you anyway which hurt more than anything else you had, so that is why I never spinebroke. And unfortunately it is not possible to spinebreak an archon.

Good job with the elf conjurer, and you are right, that is a worst matchup for me to deal with. My only hope was to catch you without servitors but you were far too careful for that.