Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Yog Yog the Goblin Princess, Mounted Scout of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=122472
122472, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Yog Yog the Goblin Princess, Mounted Scout of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Nov 25 21:45:52 2014

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Yog perished, never to return.
Race:goblin
Class:raider
Level:40
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:210
122999, I already posted to the FB account before I deleted my FB to rant.
Posted by Epro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But the gist of it was I felt like I wasted massive amounts of time and energy trying to make something fun and interesting.

The grapes and all the crap that followed it doomed Yog.

That said I enjoyed helping iron out some goblin bugs and quirks.

Also, Maggie. Great times, Great Drill!
122531, Poxy Arsed Gobby!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As characters went, a well played Goblin, not so well played villager.
There was some debating back and forth about letting a goblin into battle, and I decided that I would let it happen, but only as a scout. Unfortunately I didn't communicate what with the Commander/Drillmaster in time and before I knew it you had picked berserker. I decided to see how it played, but in the long run probably should have nixed it earlier and made you scout.
Pity you bailed on the Rites, I guess something came up, but glad we were able to shift you over to Scout in a cool RP way, since I know you had been asking not to be a berseker. Hope you enjoyed that part of it at least. =0)
123000, I did not enjoy that, no.
It's a game so I don't think you are a horrible person but...

Did you even read his role? Or my notes to you?

Making him a scout made him useless. He would have been so much more fun and I would have stuck with it if you had made him a Defender.

But you took a pathetic creature whose love for the village stemmed from the respect and espirit de corps the village showed him and you threw him into a pit of #### at the most important time of his life and then ...made him a scout which I as the player didn't want as per my letter.

His entire role was centered around the fact that he was a pathetic creature that only wanted to belong somewhere and ONLY villagers were showing him respect.

Anyway. My first time in the rites. As I stated in my letter to you it was 50/50 that I could participate but that Yog should never be a leader so it wouldn't matter. I work in the Maritime industry and I had to take my vessel through a Lock right as my fight started so that is why I dropped link.

Your game, your rules he was mostly fun for what he was capable of and I had some firsts.

123029, I disagree
Posted by Yvette on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"ONLY villagers were showing him respect."

Remember this, I was being nice to the little snot-brain.

You tell Yog 'I hope he gives you giant balls. You deserve them for conquering your fear of magic and using it so much.'

Yog tells you 'YOG! Das nicest tings you evuh says to me.'
123038, RE: I did not enjoy that, no.
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>It's a game so I don't think you are a horrible person
>but...
>
>Did you even read his role? Or my notes to you?

Umm yeah!

>Making him a scout made him useless. He would have been so
>much more fun and I would have stuck with it if you had made
>him a Defender.

Alas as the philosopher Jagger once said "you can't always get what you want."
And I disagree, being a scout did not make him useless. The problem was you got your panties in such a twist you wouldn't even try.

>But you took a pathetic creature whose love for the village
>stemmed from the respect and espirit de corps the village
>showed him and you threw him into a pit of #### at the most
>important time of his life and then ...made him a scout which
>I as the player didn't want as per my letter.

>His entire role was centered around the fact that he was a
>pathetic creature that only wanted to belong somewhere and
>ONLY villagers were showing him respect.

Again, see above. Have you ever met the Biddy before? Her camaraderie is abusive, foul mouthed and abrasive, she is also ummm "Paragon of Dwarves" so she highly xenophobic, intolerant of most all other races, let alone one that is no better that an orc's dangleberry in her eyes. Hell even Magner is lucky most days she doesn't rip off her arms an beat them around the face and neck. Really. How did you expect her to treat you?

>Anyway. My first time in the rites. As I stated in my letter
>to you it was 50/50 that I could participate but that Yog
>should never be a leader so it wouldn't matter. I work in the
>Maritime industry and I had to take my vessel through a Lock
>right as my fight started so that is why I dropped link.
>
>Your game, your rules he was mostly fun for what he was
>capable of and I had some firsts.

Again it just feels like I went out of my way to do something cool for you, it wasn't what you wanted tied up in a nice bow, instead it was something that made sense from the cabal, deity, race. I get that #### happens and you couldn't make the Rites, but you STILL got some XP for showing up. You thought the char was ruined, but I think you still had plenty opportunity to make something unique and cool. Remember you had a Goblin in Battle. Next Goblin season I doubt I will let that happen again.
123040, Meself is likin me arms! ;)
Posted by Magner on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
An if ye rip em off meself can't be killin no tricksters fer ye!!
122518, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Yog Yog the Goblin Princess, Mounted Scout of Battle
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought that there was some really good attention to detail when RPing with Yog. I saw it shine through again and again. As annoying as he could be, I think Yog was a very successfully RPed character.

thumbsup!

=w=
123002, Thanks. I tried hard. n/t
122515, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Yog Yog the Goblin Princess, Mounted Scout of Battle
Posted by Thrakburzug on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I found Yog to be rather annoying, but I liked the RP for some reason. I thought you were extremely consistent and the battle between you and the orc was quite fun to watch. Good luck with the next and don't go too far from orcs.
123001, I wrote a #substitute that made Yogs Title read "Prince" rather than "Princess"
That was humorous at first but quickly lost it's shine. I tried hard to get across that he was too "stoopit" to understand what you meant by a phallus. I as a player did think you meant tame a spear and kill an elf with it.

So I did. An elven Monk Paladin that was flying. Do you know how hard that is to do with a goblin.

At any rate I do appreciate most of what you did but I just don't get why you all made it so damn tedious and painful. It stopped being fun.
122477, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Yog Yog the Goblin Princess, Mounted Scout of Battle
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Meant to post anonymously so uh cool character and fun RP
123005, Thank you. n/t
122475, Farewell
Posted by Fenx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't like Yog Yog the character, and I felt that even at the gathering recommendations level that Yog Yog didn't fit into the village.

I get that you were RP'ing "stupid goblin". Which is fine and dandy, but goes very much so against the "smart combatant" credo of the village.

On a side note, you nailed the 'stupid goblin' RP quite well....I knew you would go '#### up' ;) as it were.
122476, Don't be stoopit!
Posted by Ellsto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude, I was cracking UP.

Wish I had more reason to talk to Yog than I did.

GLWYN
123007, My phone locked up and you and that shifter caught me.
I'm the sort of player that can't stand when more than one player with clear advantage over another still chose to team up or gang.

Plus the Outlander ban on Goblin makes zero in game sense so it just aggravated me to have to keep dealing with you guys.

Thrak jumped my #### after I finished my tirade with you so I just quit talking because I was having enough trouble. I couldn't resist the "I heard the Ancients made Bag of ####s the Sunwarden Nd there you are" quip.

Nothing against your character or play style. Well except that tag teaming a goblin weakness.
122473, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Yog Yog the Goblin Princess, Mounted Scout of Battle
Posted by Hutto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pro asked me to share that he played Yog. He says he killed Ueralante's character Ligizamau and that he is not Ueralante.

Hutto
122474, YOG YOG
Posted by Uerlante on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank the lords someone finally can clear this up. I dealt with Yog over the course of two or three characters I was kicking around and Regrag. Seemed like a kick ass villager. And yes Ligizamau was my necromancer, and I got the name while watching The Pest
122497, This is quite contrived (the Pro thing)
Posted by NoobAgain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
122997, You can stop now.
I'm not sure what you are trying to do but I suspect you feel like you aren't getting enough attention from the world.

For the peanut galley:
This guy posts nothing like me. Nothing in his tone or technique or style even remotely resembles how I post.

He apparently has some right wing ideas like I do and I would say that is where all the similarity ends.

He is playing you guys and you are eating it up.

If someone wants to buy Yog's PBF you can see where I PK'd his Necromancer he mentions below. I don't have a paypal and I'm not getting another after suffering a massive Identity theft.

I was also Auduarch and I believe he made me wanted then quickly removed my flag with Auduarch but that could be a different character perhaps even Yog.

Get over me already.
123006, Thanks man. I deleted the FB not you. n/t