Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [SCION] Tralgdar the Unbroken Defier of the Codex, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=122335
122335, (CON LOSS) [SCION] Tralgdar the Unbroken Defier of the Codex, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Nov 4 18:29:37 2014

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Tralgdar perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:344
122390, glad you stuck it out
Posted by Cionadh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had some great fights along the way. Ugh did you make me regret being a dwarf so many times, or not being a shield dedicate for some bash negation at least! Complete command denial deaths on at least four or five occasions. I would have really regretted it if you'd deleted after I sacc'ed your weapon, I couldn't see a way in which I'd let it go though, considering how many charges you'd gotten from me. Glad you stuck it out to con death. Hope we end up on the same side next time, but regardless GLWYN.

122392, RE: glad you stuck it out
Posted by Tralgdar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The possible delete at that point was due more to demotion than weapon saccing. That was just an additional straw at that point.

Overall, I'd say two hander paladin was my favorite matchup with Tralgdar. Monk and Shield paladins gave me some problems, though I did catch a few monks when they weren't ready that went pretty well.

Cionadh was likely my favorite enemy this time around. Even though it was a ####ty matchup for you, you never backed down.
122379, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Tralgdar the Unbroken Defier of the Codex, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
131 deaths (91 via PK) all up and you still trucked on. Very impressive. That has to be some kind of record.
122380, Nah. That isn't even my peronsonal best.
Posted by Tralgar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've gone over 100 PKL twice, although those were on more successful chars pk wise.
122337, Few thoughts and goodbyes
I would call Tralgdar my first (and likely last) serious attempt at an AP. I had tried a few way back, but they both flamed out when rods got changed during their lifetimes (I was playing one when the black rod got pulled from the Balrog, and was playing another when the case with three rods got nuked). I think one reason I always shied away from the class afterwards was an irrational fear I would get going and then the sleek system would get changed again (no ####!) but finally decided as long as the former one had been in place, that wasn't happening.

I was actually planning on playing an orc when I rolled Tralgdar, but Empire and Spire were so low on numbers, I decided against it. Plus, I've bashed things as an orc before, so I wanted to see how bashing things with a bloodlusting fire ap with (hopefully) controls compared (I think I like orc better).

I had been toying around with the idea of deleting since July. The new rod system really made Tralgdar a chore to play most days, but each time I decided I was done, something else would come along to hold my interest for a little bit longer before I pulled the trigger. I would have deleted after anathema, but I was four charges from lightning at that time, so wanted to get those before I was done. I burned through 4 more con trying to get those four charges, but finally got them.

On to thanks yous

Destuvious: Thanks for everything. You always seemed give me a bit of a boost right around the time I had decided I was done with the character. I plan on taking a long Empire break, but will definitely do a follower next time I do play Empire. The only reason I didn't do a Destuvian this time around was because I had already played one this year, plus I wanted to pal around with orcs.

Melinoe: Thanked you before, but just wanted to mention again how important you were to Tralgdar. Wands were bearable as long as Heralds were willing to help me out with gather, and you helped me more than anyone else. Sorry for getting you killed so often.

Rahzeez: Thanks for the bitch ranking.

Ashmon: Your goodbye in your death thread was pretty much the same goodbye you gave to Jalrandar. Yeah, my evil RP sucks, but on the other hand, killing paladins makes me happier than pretty much anything else in CF (irrational player bias from dieing to Balrahd and Yoesch too many times that is still lingering). That's kinda evil, right?

An Immortal (my guess would be Arvam?) Thanks for the title and induction. Those things let Tralgdar go out with his head held a little bit higher.

Anyone else, post and I'll reply
122339, Good on you.
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm glad that you stuck it out. In truth, I was very surprised after some of the horrible situations you seemed to have went through. I had a Dread Lord myself, not too long ago when Empire was horribly outnumbered and I seemed to get the feeling like I was a whipping boy sometimes. So, I did empathize with you at a few points.

On a side note, trying to bring down some of the powerful mobs that guard black rods can be a daunting task, for sure, when one tanks with one's face as A-P's often do. I did what I could to help folks like you out with some of the more difficult to attain rods, mainly for that reason.

Regardless, best of luck with what's next.
122341, RE: Good on you.
The shortcut you showed me to the one rod definitely helped out a lot. I think I only died one more time getting that one after that. I enjoyed our interactions and definitely liked it more when we ended up on the same side.
122395, RE: Few thoughts and goodbyes
Posted by Mellinoe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't mind dying at all to be honest. It was so much fun! Good luck with your next!