Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Elasia the Adversary of the Lawless, Vindicator of the Blood Tribunal
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=122236
122236, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Elasia the Adversary of the Lawless, Vindicator of the Blood Tribunal
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Oct 17 11:19:49 2014

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Elasia perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:292
122433, Vree/Elasia Goodbye and Thank You
Posted by Vree/Elasia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I originally wanted to say goodbye as Vree right away, but having my next character be in the same cabal with a lot of the same leadership duties...I was concerned about it being obvious or me confusing something character relation wise.

Well, waiting after both were gone and delaying it a month hasn't made goodbyes any easier. So PLEASE post a farewell and I will respond as your character name will help jog my memory.

Vree: So I love thieves. But play them so different than other thieves. I used a similar template as " Kii Ravenhair the Brutal Bandit of Balance" and pretty much love that setup. Though I really wish as thieves we could choose just slightly more thief points. (Don't we all?) There is so many combinations that I think would be fun to try, that are just slightly out of reach.

As Vree I really felt like a brute force concept of an assassin. Its so much more FUN and HARD to kill as a thief because your advantage comes from surprise and catching powerful opponents before they prepare. In this regard, I thought vree was extremely deathful all the way up to the end of her life. Then thief boredom sets in. When you know your enemies, there are too many, you SHOULDN'T charge them...but you do anyway. I ate a couple bad suicidal charging a group of outlander deaths (Dralkar Wood comes to mind) and so Elasia was born.

Vree was interesting in the alignment change caught me a little by surprise. I totally support the immortals in doing this (Her whole roleplaying had an alliance with Empire and dreams of such where they answered to the tribunal) but it was odd for Vree in that I still saw her as far more neutral leaning evil (using the imperials, but not off to kill and skin elf villages). That being said, aiding the empire has consequences so I get it. The vulns that come with that are sure harsh, but I had fun. Just got bored at the end.

So Elasia was born. And I got Vindicator. So much fun. Its so weird how Vindicator's are so much more powerful with the (rather simple) bloody shackles. But how much WEAKER they are compared to provost. ALL Elasia's power was mostly from her "warrior skill set". Now in fairness, her hamstring, strengh malediction was perfect with denying transportation with bloody shackles. However, honest opinion? Provost and even Provincial leutenants might/probably outweigh bloody shackles. But you can see hidden as a vindicator. I'd say its really a toss up if you are in tribunal. Vindicator isn't always best and you need to take a look at your playing style. Some things to keep in mind with vindicator: They are the only ones who can't call guards OR vigilance while scales are gone. They get regular "special guards" which have 1/3rd the power of leutenants. Compared to provost which can call leutenants that are ultra powerful with or without scales, use vigilance and see hidden AND camo from the cities without scales, and gets access to all vindicator powers except shackles and the detect hidden portion outside cities.

The practical purpose of this is that I find Vindicator MUCH weaker for retrieving or being a force in cabal warfare when scales are gone. I wish this was reverse since vindicators usually take the lead here.

Elasia's legacies and weapon choices really gave me exactly what I was bored about with Vree. The ability to go head to head against almost anyone and have a chance. (Super Powerful Berserkers Aside). Where I deleted Vree from not being able to accept all fights and got bored, I actually deleted Elasia from feeling like I had plateaued and immortal boon aside, lost interest. I'm guilty for starting another character during Elasia's last days (which I love) and as I feared....I just can't play two characters at once. My love for the newest character had me delete Elasia to clear a spot and not let her auto delete. Oh...and I did get every berserker who could instant kill me at some point...but always through taking out their running ability, a LOT of healing potions, and cutting them off from the village. They had such an easier time winning fights against me...though it was about equal death wise.

The surprisingly hardest class for me to fight? Monks. How about that? Everyone thinks monks so weak....but when you play a warrior that can drop any enemies strength/dex to nothing....monks didn't seem to care.

I could ramble on forever. Loved some of the immortal interaction. Love all the allies AND foes. Even "Hughli" who full looted and sacraficed!??? all my things for "stealing his bag" the first time either of us died. I'm SO convinced in hindsight that was ooc hatred since Vree had picked up your swords on Nkgeh as a young thief. Also, Hughli was a nightmare for vree, you were so powerful I think Elasia would have still had issues, but it would have went better.

Loved all the other foes and friends. Really. Hope to see you all in different incarnations. I'm still playing and having a blast. Hope you are having fun in victory and defeat.

(random pk tip of the day) I'm not the best, but maybe above average? Try playing difference classes you often find yourself fighting. By the time it comes around to the same class you always play, you will be amazed at how much more powerful you are for understanding your enemies class.
122444, Such a shame to see you go!
Posted by Liantae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought I had found a nemesis in you and was looking forward to plenty of action for a long time.

I was SO surprised when I got you with that disembowel in the prosimy! You were a really tough foe to face!

Anyway, you were skilled, fun to interact with and all in all a very classy foe!
122446, RE: Such a shame to see you go!
Some great fights and I'm sure we would have had more.

That's the great thing about Carrion Fields. So many ways to die.

I had got pretty good at pushing what I could do and always fleeing when I needed to....then I was like. Oh, thats right, disembowel. Been a while since I died that way :)

Still enjoying carrion fields. Just in other incarnations. Its why I had to delete, I'm always hyper focused on one character at a time.
122275, One of the best pk chases in ST - ever. Even if you were at a huge disadvantage.
Posted by Kessalissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the good times.

122450, RE: One of the best pk chases in ST - ever. Even if you were at a huge disadvantage.
Sorry we couldn't be allies more. I would have loved to learn one or two things from you.

This was my FIRST time ever in Silent Tower. I think I did okay for having NEVER been there and having NO documentation on it. I also don't use irc chatrooms or have a single ooc contact.

It was a lot of fun. I still NEVER figured out a couple really important things. But at least I figured out a few ways not to get myself killed again for future characters.
122254, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Elasia the Adversary of the La...
Posted by Hrakesh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember fondly the end of the summer when I was on vacation but unfortunately ill - so I had to remain home for some good old fashioned summer-cf rocking it with you. There is a certain outright enjoyment in playing with a competent player and knowing they have your back. You were that kind of character. As someone else wrote, cf is not about the imms or the rewards, but rather the character interactions. I really enjoyed yours. Your role and your playingstyle fit like a glove for Vindicator. You were fierce.

Sorry about hoarding the water mace and too bad we couldn't abuse quicksand and shackles more. Appears our playing times changed to concede less and less.

I hope that you return to cf in another form. Good luck!
122449, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Elasia the Adversary of the La...
All good times. I love working with other players who synergize. One of the best lessons I've learned in CF (to survive) is to not depend/expect another ally to act in the perfect way you'd expect in a pk situation. It always gets you killed.

But with you, I felt like I almost could. We timed pushing the envelope/retreating pretty well by instinct and got some powerful berserkers and others that way.

The adrenaline rush is really what makes CF so addictive.
122252, Very solid character
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed your role, too. Good luck with your next!
122448, RE: Very solid character
Thank you for the work you put into everything. It really does make a difference.
122244, Well played
Posted by Aiyanatuin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were fast, cunning, and elusive. A very solid combo. I enjoyed our fights very much. Come on back to these fields asap. :)
122447, RE: Well played
Great fights, and you are so amazingly powerful for an Archon type conjurer.

I'm really curious to see if I recognize your handle after you delete. I wonder if we fought a lot in old times as other characters.

That log you posted where you one rounded me was so brutal.