Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Erighan Aldain Er'toul the Valorous Knight of the Chalice, Commander of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=122181
122181, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Erighan Aldain Er'toul the Valorous Knight of the Chalice, Commander of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Oct 14 12:16:05 2014

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Erighan perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:398
122221, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Erighan Aldain Er'toul the Valorous Knight of the Chalice, Commander of Battle
Posted by Mordrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey. Thanks.

Mordrin was fun to RP, really not fun to PK. Dwarf bard was very, very painful...

That being said, when I knew for certain that Drillmaster was not happening due to my inability to seal the deal - I deleted. The role was to bring battle back from the dead, couldn't do that so my zeal for the character kinda died with any hopes of Drillmaster.

I put my energies elsewhere... as you can see.

122231, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Erighan Aldain Er'toul the Valorous Knight of the Chalice, Commander of Battle
Posted by Erighan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was still pretty bummed that you deleted. I had big plans for you despite the non-Drillmasterdom, and it sounded like Ysal did, too. But hey, who am I to talk?
122219, CHEEEESSEEE!!
Posted by Diri Dauntless on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
HA!

We had some good times for being mortal enemies.

I have to know - I was REALLY expecting Crayya to assassinate me while I was talking to you at the Copeham Inn.

Why didn't he? You tell em not to? Or was he just waiting for you to leave.. or what!

As for your title of death defying. I was 1-0 on you! :) So I guess that makes me MORE death defying.

GLYWN. Great Char.

122232, RE: CHEEEESSEEE!!
Crraya wasn't even logged on at the time. It was totally a joke. She did, however, log in about one minute after I mentioned her, which was kind of funny.
122215, Also a big fan. (n/t)
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done.

=w=
122210, One of my favorites
Posted by Gergan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First, thanks for giving me the chance to be drillmaster. Was a great experience, lots of fun, and made me step up my game. When I was gone for a time and you asked me about my duties as drillmaster, I thought I would be able to put in the time again, but soon found out that was not going to happen, so I resigned via email.

Really enjoyed your RP and wish I could have stayed around. I appreciate all the help and advice you gave me and tried to do you proud. I've hated and stayed away from Battle since my l 15 cleric got Unspeaked by spellbane in 1994. Decided after 20 years to finally roll one up and am glad I did.

I remember the child coming out once when you yelled something odd (like you were fearful) and running away. I didn't know what it was about then, but it definitely added depth to the char. You, like Ysaloerye, made me want to improve RP-wise by your example, which is great for CF.

I had me first child 2 years ago, and can assure you that CF will be the last thing on your mind for awhile! Good luck with this life changing milestone!

Gergan, Ysl, Saagkri, Illiash, Savaane, Grimreaper(Pre-purge)
122233, RE: One of my favorites
Can't believe I forgot you. A thief isn't an obvious choice for DM, but you oozed competence at a time that we were short on it and you were present a bunch, and people seemed to be genuinely afraid of you. I wish it worked out better.
122206, This Knight bids thee farewell.
I already miss Erighan dearly. Then again, I don't miss stressing over finding time to log on.

Everyone was great, and I'm not just saying that. Imms, friends, enemies - top-notch. Thanks so much for making this game so enjoyable.

I added a handful of noteworthy people below, but definitely not all of them. It's late and this character's life was long, and if you reply, I'll reply.

ROLE:
This was probably my favorite character to roleplay because it was so over-the-top bizarre, fun, and kind of heartbreaking at its core. I had a big range of moods to draw from.

The first thing you should know is that Erighan was Sphere Deception. I'll probably grab the PBF at some point soonish so those interested can read the role, but in a nutshell, Erighan was a child who witnessed his father's murder and came up with a strong, imaginary, time-traveling Knight from the Past to protect him. Every once in a while, the child "broke character" and let slip a hint that Erighan wasn't really what he claimed to be. Later on, Akresius got involved and things got insanely cool.

I tried to fight solo pretty religiously, even when odds weren't in my favor, and I used the word "Valour" extremely liberally, even when it didn't make sense. I honestly don't know when or why Erighan began referring to himself in the third person, but once it happened, I loved it and just kept doing it. Seemed fitting given the role.

My greatest regret is that I wasn't able to tie that storyline up before my life demanded more than I could provide while trying to devote time to this character. My first child's birth is right around the corner, so he takes precedent.

On PK:
This was my first rager berserker warrior - in fact, my first warrior since Dazan, a Vindicator/Provost years ago, I believe.

It was tougher in some ways that I didn't fully expect and way easier in others. My spec/legacy combo was really strong in a lot of PK situations, but way more powerful than that was the panic it could inspire in other players. Space between heartbeats is awesome. When I had to fight someone else with it, I fumbled. It adds some serious pressure to a tough PK fight to have to enter the correct commands, and enter them precisely.

A few people complained IC at me with thinly veiled OOC comments about how I'm tough because got a bunch of rewards from Imms or something. I didn't, beyond the typical Battle leader weapon (which wasn't made of a natural material, so I didn't have that "overpowered" edge working for me) and a flavor edge for a role contest reward. So bite me. ;)

IMMS:
Ysaloerye - Battle's lucky to have you. I almost pooped myself when you actually got a tea-brewing prog added to a certain fixture in the Village. That was amazing. Thanks for all of the interactions - I hope they were as fun for you as they were for me.

Akresius - Thanks so much for that awesome interaction. It was the flashiest one-on-one immteraction I think I've ever experienced, and it was perfect. I really, really regret not seeing that storyline to its end and I'm grateful that you put effort into it.

BATTLE:
There are so many of you guys that I like so much. And so many of you that I hate hate hate. Great applicants would show up, roleplay their asses off with cool ideas during the interview, let me gear them up, and then autodelete a month and four days later. I seriously don't get it. It was disheartening to spend hours and hours interviewing people (when, let's face it, there's often plenty of stuff that's more fun to do) only to see the characters fade way too quickly. To anyone whose time didn't match up with mine, I tried my best to vary my logins and induct during the first interview, especially if I didn't see you around often or heard you'd been waiting.

Moarf - You were Erighan's first and closest friend. He (miraculously) kept a water skin made from the skinned corpse of Moarf up until he deleted. Wish you would have stuck around.

Crraya - Mine liege! Thanks for the induct and being the one dependable rager. Screw all those people who bitched about your playtimes.

Mordrin - Wish you would have stuck around, too, but dwarf bard looked rough.

Hrast - Powerhouse and man of few words. I was glad when you were around.

Others:
Guargoux - You had it tough before you got behir. You WERE tough after you got behir. Always a pleasure.

Jarlduz - You're really tough. Sigil of pain + drum = borderline unfair. (I'm not complaining.)

Ashmon/Reegun - Both great shamans.

Elasia - I think you (bloody shackles) and Jarlduz were responsible for more of my PK deaths than anyone else. Good fights.

Diri - CHEEEEEESE!

Mellinoe - Thanks so much for that awesome portrait! I used it a lot for RP for a long time.

Again, there are a lot more people who had great impacts on Erighan's life. Please reply - going down memory lane would help with my mourning process. ;)

For those interested, my past characters include Dvalygg, Tarleton, Dazan, Dullameh and a whole lot of others going way, way back.
122207, well played
Posted by Cionadh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed all our interactions. Judging from that first run in with you killing dwarves, I don't think either of us expected to end up friends.

civilized <100%hp 77%m 87%mv 8633tnl (1.34%) 9 AM> co summon erighan
Erighan arrives suddenly.

:)

GLWYN
122223, GLWYN
Posted by Thragg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That interview was so weird...

Anyhow, I liked what I saw. Thanks for everything.
122234, Classy.
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was a big Erighan fan. Your roleplay was spot on, and I'm glad I was a part of it. I'm not sure why a Battle warrior was getting his fortune told by an elf conjuror, but it made for a great story. When you came to me asking for an exorcism, I came up with two hoops for you to jump through:

1. You wanted me to cut out part of your soul, ok. give me souls in return. Eletar had been building a pretty good-sized weapon and also played very conservatively, so I figured it'd be a tough chore for you to corner him and get his weapon. Unfortunately, he lost that weapon before you could get him. You did bring me a lesser unholy of his, so that was fine.

2. The exorcism. I had echoes written to the effect that I would begin the exorcism only to fail because there was no inner child causing you grief. Instead, you were insane. To heal your insanity, I was going to have you kill Sindarielle, who foretold your need of an exorcism. She deleted, so I rewrote the echoes as I figured one hoop was enough.

I'm glad you enjoyed the interaction. As I've said to previous followers, I am trying to do more RP and be more accessible as an IMM, and your compliments mean a lot. I wish that our later times had meshed more, but we were never on at the same time after that last interaction.

If there was ever going to be a non-sphere tatted follower of mine, it would have been Erighan. Thank you for a wonderful character.

Good luck with the baby!

Best wishes.
122235, RE: This Knight bids thee farewell.
Posted by MoarfAkaMerf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you a lot, you taught me a lot, and i remember Dullameh:) you, mordrin, hrast, a necro who would give me weapons as Merf, and a few others were my favorites. we fought together against sylvan. Looks like we always have gotten along. I wanted to remake with what I learned from Moarf, but seems being given your old gear from hrast and killing a imm is cheating. I'm sure eventually we will run in to each other again.
122238, A giant falls
Posted by Ashmon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We were always to busy fighting to sit down and talk, but it sounds like you had a neat role. Well done.

You made battle berserker look good. Very good. On paper I
did have a few ideas to deal with you, since you couldn't teleport,
but in practice I never pulled them off. Stupid me.

Oh, the one time I had you very hurt and trapped behind centurions in the imperial lands my son decided to pull the plug on the wi-fi to spite his little brother. At least I didn't die while waiting for the reboot ;-)

Best of luck with fatherhood!

122240, Well done and good luck.
Posted by Guargoux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seems that we're destined to play against one another here and
there. This time was no different. Back in 2011 you killed me once
each month from October to the new Year when I played Gwildonian and
you were Dvalygg. That was the first time I ever died while at 100%
hp. Forget and energy drain ftw.

Now speaking of Erighan, this last incarnation of yours, was about as
perfect as you could have been for fighting me and my forms. To that
affect, you and Hexugar were the worst enemies to fight, hands down.
In a chat that I had with Umiron, he asked me to take down a powerful
enemy and I chose the toughest one I could think of, You. Once I did
get you, I felt a little bad because of the circumstance but I did
manage one more later on and I felt better after that. In the end,
I'll admit I was a tiny bit saddened that I didn't get the chance to
disembowel you thanks to your "flavor" edge but you were very
deserving, so I have no complaints.

Come on back when things get settled and maybe we can end up on the
same side for once. Also, for what it's worth, I wish you the best
of luck with the first on the way.
122245, Wish I would have been in the village earlier.
Posted by Aoirse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One of the better commanders ever.

Loved our interactions.

Well done.

GLWYN
122251, Your Role
Posted by Warren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was amazing - especially the first three chapters.

Good job!
122197, Pretty entertaining RP
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very entertaining. Great for the game. I hope you decide to claim this character so we can give the player the credit you deserve.
122191, Pinky-liftin' poncy git!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man this is a bummer. Sure did love me some Erighan. Solid commander, solid presence, stellar and consistent RP. Sad to see this, I would have thought to see a con/age death.
122188, Big Erighan fan nt
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
122189, +1
Posted by Fenx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"This assassin is pretty bummed!"
122184, Hmmm....
Posted by Crraya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glad you were the one to take over Battle when I stepped down. A shame you couldn't stick it out any longer.

122183, Boo!
Posted by Fenx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I repeat! Boo!!!

and...wtf? Just not enough time to make it happen and tired of people complaining about your playtimes, or something?
122182, *rolls a nexun*
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that's right

man you were brutal, best shot i had against you was as Jurloah and you weren't having none of it fighting me in a swamp. you whipped all 3 of my hero nexuns, although we did finally get you 3v1 (Hagart). HAR!

you seemed to get the +lag bonus of space more than any other i've fought.

tough char, but cool too.

"Digst thou manifestation."