Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dolindar Stonebreaker the Preceptor of Purity, Marshall of the Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=122116
122116, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dolindar Stonebreaker the Preceptor of Purity, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 2 16:20:35 2014

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Dolindar perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:245
122129, Goobyes
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, it was a fun ride. I just cant seem to keep interest in a character past about 250 hours. But these 250 hours were a bunch of fun. I was very surpised to win the RC. I don't play or write to win them, its just fun to write. My only gripe was that the rewards were just about useless. I've won RC's where the rewards I got had no Game Mechanics at all, so it's not that, it was just kind of stinky to find out that the reward won't work on Monks. Cool beans, so I get another one, and that one doesn't seem to work.... I didn't complain until a week ago, and didn't have it in me to provide much detail so I don't fault anyone, but I think I like flavor in my RC rewards more than Mechanics, but that's probably because I've not gotten what I consider an OP reward since I got a quest familiar a long time ago, when I wasn't nearly good enough to capitalize on it.

Monks are way fun, but man I thought I'd have the kill sealing I had with my last Shield Ded. Boy was I wrong. Try as I might I couldn't engineer a kill. Everyone is used to the Burst damage now, so as soon as they see the lightning strikes, they were gone gone gone. Faith as probably the best part of this one. Man did I ever piss off some shaman players. One of my fondest memories was solo retrieval against Miralik and Ashmon, where I was pretty much able to just ignore them. I think I'd have had more luck if I prepped even just a little more than I did(which was just class prayers most of the time) Maybe I'll try that some day...The call lightning change from when I was playing my last pally pretty much gutted the main kill sealing ability of paladins without Defiance IMO.

I tried very hard to be a straight and narrow paladin with this one. I never carried more than 5 gold on me for any long period of time. I bet I gave almost 200 gold to the Soup Kitchen cook. Man did I have a thing for Cloudy potions though. Dwarf monk just can't stand without slow... At hero, I would farm gold of the Dracolich and go buy them when I ran low. Typically I carried 200+ of them. Probably overkill, but I hate the prep grind.

A well, this is already turning into a book, so on to the goodbyes.

Baer: I really wanted to try again. I felt like I was stumbling a lot in my first conversations, as always seems to happen. I think I got it later in life, I hope I lived up to your expectations with the exception of sticking with it longer...

Enemies:
Most of you were pretty cool. I think my only problem was with a few who would start the whole Coward/Courage thing on me if I didn't stick around when the fight wasn't going my way. So hard to deal with that trash sometimes I felt myself breaking character. That's when I knew the end was near.

Jarlduz: Man I just never prepped enough for you. Bad matchup for me with you always hitting a vuln and me always defending with my face. I swear, I was taking EVISCERATES-DISMEMBERS through Sanc/Prot/Stoneskin, a lot of them. Darn that Sigil. You were mostly cool though.

Miralik - Fun fights for the most part, man was I ever frustrated that I didn't have a pink potion with me when you killed cabaq. Very slick way to do that by the way. I won't give away your secret.

Ashmon: Loved you man. It was always fun fighting you.

Trekburg: You were probably the only orc I was really concerned about. Well done.

Kwoalewei: You became a lot less scary when I realized I could anticipate Neurological. Other than that, you pretty much stay Duo unless you thought you could jump in and change a fight. Scarab temple is probably the easiest to raid solo, and the Hardest to raid defended. Honestly, I would never go in there after anyone again given what happened the one time I did.

Ulamete: See above about courage et al. Mostly you were cool though.

Elasia: Not tough, then tough, then not tough. It was a rollercoaster fighting you. I did learn that STSF sucks to fight against. Well done all around though.

Others: GOod fights all around. Post and I'll try to respond

Friends:
Fortress is Fortress. Everyone was pretty awesome. Had lots of great interractions, please don't feel slighted if I don't name you personally.

Cabaq: Man I hope you get some love, you were great to watch progress. Keep trucking.

Quiys: I loved my thugs, you seem to be doing really well. Glad you got Captainized. Good luck, sorry to leave you in the Lurch.

Keara: Sooooo glad you got Propheted. Love the character. You took to your position very very well.

Ilaenuru: Great job, keep at it.

Paoleigh: Top Notch, I'm rooting for you, don't do like I did and give up early. You have soooooo much potential. I must say, I'm jealous.

Kessalissa: Thanks for everything, the trips were enlightening to say the least.

Everyone else: I had a blast, now it's on to something else.

122137, RE: Goobyes
Posted by Miralik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved your char... Hated to fight you though. Monk with faith virtue is about the worst a shaman can encounter...
122138, Cool guy
Posted by Ashmon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a surly dwarf always out there fighting the good fight. "Beating the piss out of the bad critters" or however Dolindar put it.

Facing you was humbling. Your ability to dispel, ignore supplications and moderate burst damage made you very dangerous.

I remember all too well the incident where you retrieved through centurions with Miralik and me just looking like fools. Hehe.

One thing is build match up. You showed your skill by utilizing some very nasty traps. Well done. Perhaps I can use some of them myself one day.

Looking forward to what you bring next.
122153, RE: Goobyes
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I like all of your goodies, so keep playing them.

Really enjoyed this character. I'd log in at my weird hours, and some lowbie would tell me how they talked to you and couldn't wait to prove themselves to you and the Fortress. And of course it was always nice talking with you, just the general banter and some strategy stuff.

Best of luck with the next, even if it isn't a goodie. But it should be.
122155, Garmudgeon loved rocking the undead with you....goodies get it too easy to rank imho
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
tooooo easy!
122127, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dolindar Stonebreaker the Preceptor of Purity, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Ilaenuru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were the type of character that didn't need a leadership title to make people want to follow you. I am sad to see you go.
122134, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dolindar Stonebreaker the Preceptor of Purity, Marshall of the Fortress
That was kind of what I was going for. Thanks for the kind words. Keep it up, you're doing great.
122121, nice! super-cool char to play against.
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
a lot of respect on how you played and went about things. very well done.
122133, RE: nice! super-cool char to play against.
Back at ya. Thanks for the compliments.
122120, Very well done.
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked that you were unafraid to mix it up. Also a big fan of your role. Hopefully, someone in the Fort will step up to fill the big shoes you left behind.

Overall, a great character and an asset to the game. Good luck with your next!
122130, RE: Very well done.
Thanks a bunch. It was a really big surprise. Really appreciate it.
122119, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dolindar Stonebreaker the Preceptor of Purity, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Padfeinwen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That one interaction with you, me and Nargash in Hamsah was awkward. Hah!

GLWYN
122131, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dolindar Stonebreaker the Preceptor of Purity, Marshall of the Fortress
Yeah, that was kind of funny awkward.
122118, Sad to see this
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From what I saw, you were gutsy, and very competent. And generally cool to be around. Glwyn
122132, RE: Sad to see this
Thanks a bunch. It was just time for something else.