Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [None] Fuhlsang the Spectre
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121932
121932, (AGE DEATH) [None] Fuhlsang the Spectre
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Sep 8 06:46:25 2014

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Fuhlsang perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:67
121946, Greater Undead
Posted by Fuhlsang on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Honestly this change is amazing. I love the four random undead that are available to each necromancer and how they are tied to graveyards scattered across Thera. Massive thumbs up on this idea.

My one small negative to them is that there should be a way to stop using the poltergeist apart from dying.
121959, RE: Greater Undead
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
there should be a way to stop using the poltergeist apart from dying

Turns out the poltergeist issue is an oversight; it's back on the to-do list.
121933, Wight, Mummy, or item? NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
121934, Mummy
99% sure the items were right. PBF coming soon.
121938, i think that the more hours
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you have the better your odds are. 67 hours is probably going to hinder the % of success
121939, RE: i think that the more hours
I had a whole lot of things going against me:

- low hours
- cabal-less
- low PKs (though I was kinda hoping this might help me from an Immortal POV)

Figured I'd rather roll the dice and have a 1/3 chance than waste 200+ hours for a 2/3 chance. I wanted to play a mummy, not a spectre. I figured they owed me at least one. I was wrong.
121940, "I figured they owed me at least one."
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nice sense of entitlement.
121944, Well...depending on the player, he could be right.
There are a couple players who have never even got a lich-quest (before Mummies and Wights existed) despite playing 1000s of hours as a necro.

I always figured that's why Scar introduced Mummies and Wights, because he felt ####ty for all the necros who just didn't catch a break the way the system was before.

And yeah, you can say that maybe he sucked at RP/PK and that's why he got no lich quest, or maybe (like situations today) maybe he was just missing his immortal, playing off hours, or just lost in the crowd (CF used to routinely have 75+ people playing most of the day...and a lot of them were amazing at PK/RP).

Edited to add: And what if it's Zulg and he just meant "Hey, ####sticks, I'm the god-damned Zulg. I coded this ####ing race, I spent hundreds of hours of my ####ing life to make these, so you're going to give me one, RIGHT, ####ING, NOW." I'd be cool with hooking Zulg up.
121950, It was the tone.
Without any explanation it just seemed like a whine.
121951, RE: It was the tone.
I am sorry you did not like my tone. Thank you for contributing to my death thread.
121954, I'd usually keep my mouth shut.
But your attitude exemplifies the entitlement issues that I find so gross about a certain segment of the playerbase.

Thank you for contributing to the game.
121956, Jeez MuHomard Ghandi...
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No tone in text. Guy might not even be entitled whining, but instead cracking a joke of some sort.

Thank you for contributing to world hunger.
121957, RE: Jeez MuHomard Ghandi...
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes it was a very weak joke I tried in light of losing my character. Obviously I need to work on my material to avoid offending certain segments of the playerbase.

Just to clarify; I don't believe I am entitled to anything (except the PBF which I have paid for immediately upon age death).
121941, RE: i think that the more hours
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For what it's worth, your odds were a long way from 33% (1/3).

> I wanted to play a mummy, not a spectre. I figured they
> owed me at least one. I was wrong.

You definitely were. GLWYN.
121945, RE: i think that the more hours
I'd be pleasantly surprised if the odds were more than 33%.

If the odds were 0% due to an incorrect item then I'd have serious issues with the quest itself and the items I was asked to find.

We will see soon hopefully! :)
121960, All correct items...looks like you had a 5% chance.
SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
121961, RE: All correct items...looks like you had a 5% chance.
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's good to know should there be another shot down the line. Had I known it was going to be THAT low then I would have changed things up. Would have been awesome if it had come off though :P
121976, Yeah at best it's not good
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a 39% chance and there was likely not much room above that given my age/skills/explore/observe without an imm manually bumping it. The only likely contributing category I didn't have most of I would assume to be imm exp. while we perceive that to be huge based on the admins methodology I would bet it's not even top 3 factors of your chance
121948, RE: i think that the more hours
Posted by observer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Am I missing something here?

Lich is for exceptional roleplay
Mummy/Wight is for everyone else right? Surely reaching 51 is a reasonable entitlement given every other class can?

Why should someone on 67 hours get an almost impossible % chance at Mummy with the correct items? If not, what is the point of the items?

You can get in a cabal in much less time,
You can get empowered much less time.
Yet you are suppose to take on a horde of hero good aligns and play for 300 hundred hours for a 60% chance to remove your handicap and get the weaker undead form? And if that paladin does kill you, there goes your collected items (they might take that helm of brilliance, just might).

The timezone he plays he increases the player base numbers by 20% by being on, probably not a bad idea to give him a fighting % chance?

121949, RE: i think that the more hours
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lich is for exceptional roleplay
Mummy/Wight is for everyone else right? Surely reaching 51 is a reasonable entitlement given every other class can?

Nope. Not all classes are the same, and the risk/rarity is very intentional.

Becoming a wight is considerably easier than Becoming a mummy, however. So there are options available. Powering through to either of the two more powerful forms is generally a poor gamble.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com