Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [BATTLE] Gergan Goldfeather the Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121927
121927, (AUTO) [BATTLE] Gergan Goldfeather the Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Sep 7 12:16:41 2014

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Gergan perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:thief
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:375
122080, Belated farewell
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I regret that i could not continue with Gergan. He was one of the most fun characters I've played. He was my first thug and second rager. I didn't have much knowledge re being drillmaster, but I tried to be available, interview, and encourage people whenever possible. I never saw anyone violate the tablet and I looked for it. When I could not stay on regularly, I resigned via a note to the imms.

He was born to be a bane to necros, and I'm happy with how that turned out. My tactics and role play improved a lot over the course of this char. It helped that I had no other chars.

Huge thanks to Erighan for giving me the chance to be drillmaster. Was a great experience, lots of fun, and made me step up my game. Also, really enjoyed our interactions and your advise/help. When I was gone for a time and you asked me about my duties as drillmaster, I thought I would be able to put in the time again, but soon found out that was not going to happen.

Ysaloerye - Thanks for taking a chance on this defender. I loved your role play and it really encouraged me to improve mine.

Ghulrat - Had a lot of fun with our battle.

Anilsanatne - You killed me twice. First time was my fault. Second time you set me up really nicely. I should know better than to chase a necro into a graveyard.

Shormquan - You were a lot of fun even though you got me killed by an ice dryad and robbed by a Hamsah whore. Don't know what happened to you or why your death thread is locked, but good times.

Thurmonbrue - You have no idea how long I waited outside the temple for you, but it was worth it.

Mellinoe - Liked the paintings.

Daphrdan - Fun fights. I hate fear poison.

Immortal who gave me 250 exp for defending - That really made my day. And Odara getting a temp title for trash talking was nice too, and well deserved. :)

Battle - Nothing but good things to say about you all.

Empire - You ganking, looting scumbags. ;)

Everyone else I am forgetting (it's been over a month!) - enjoyed it all.

Thanks imms for keeping Thera going. I've been able to lose myself there on and off for 20 years, and will be back soon!
121942, Git!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Little sad to see you auto, had hoped you could log on enough to keep the char going. Thanks for offering to step down in view of your diminished hours. The Commander had already reached out to start choosing someone else.

I'm never a huge fan of defenders in the DM role, which we spoke about obliquely when you got the spot, but I think you did just fine. Your tactics and associated RP definitely improved over time. Over all I think a very positive addition to battle's ranks and we are sorry to see you fizzle. But, real life, she is sometimes une chienne.