Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Eletar Gremarikat Rokaan the Herald of War, Provincial Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121871
121871, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Eletar Gremarikat Rokaan the Herald of War, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Sep 3 22:31:19 2014

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Eletar perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:448
121891, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Eletar Gremarikat Rokaan the Herald of War, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Erjoloc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cat is so happy is died! Now Thar-Eris get grow strongers!

Seriously though, Great enemy! I always has troubles with A-Ps and you were not any different. Thanks for the fun and the banter and GLWYN!
121919, You are awesome.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seem suicidal, but I admire your "I don't care about dying" attitude. I struggle because I want to be pk competitive, but I lack some of the attributes that it takes to rise to the next level, so I need to learn how to just sit back and have fun no matter what happens.

Thanks for that object lesson.
121925, RE: You are awesome.
Thanks man! I will explain more of why Erjoloc Is like that in his death thread. The important thing to know now is I learned a bit from our fights.
121873, Goodbye
Posted by Eletar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Work has started up full swing, and I was growing quite tired of struggling to get wands only to get my ass handed to me 3 out of the 4 matchups that were available. Giant swords I could destroy; dex builds, particularly wood-elf commanders, just made me revert to a cleave & flee mentality. Cleave kills were a bit fun to behold, but afterward they made me feel dirty and cheap.

To those who didn't loot the piss out of me, thank you for encouraging me to take risks, which I think is probably more fun than everyone playing ultra-conservatively. Thanks to a pair of AP weapons I acquired, I was able to get one good whip, but that still didn't give me enough offense to hold my own with most of the hero range foes. The people I could seal the kill on all tended to be worth one charge. From my point of view, evade made life miserable.

Despite the immortal nudge (Umiron's toe jam) to advance up to the hero range, that was a dumb move on my part, because the anti-maran edges still don't let you use flames of ninaaurm against maran, they just help with fireball, and I felt I needed that extra offense of a progging weapon when I was fighting heroes.

Thanks to the immortal that tried to prevent me from deleting after my second screwup and subsequent dive into the deep-end of disorder. After I accidently attacked Quim instead of Kessalissa, I knew that I would be deleting before I had my chance to cleave Rylium at the Tribunal altar. If I could have followed through on that plan, I would have petitioned Scarab to be their Water Boy (I wanna play foosball, Mama!), but that wasn't going to happen when I had grown sick and tired of gather wands or completely avoiding fighting people.

Rylium - good provost. I wanted to hate you for many reasons, but you are doing a remarkable job with the cabal. I had planned on killing you for your 'betrayal' in the Tree that cost me my 52 charge weapon to the three-man hit squad, but alas it was not to be. Keep doing well.

Regrag - You are why the Tribunal has been strong. Great friend.

Elasia - We were a wrecking crew. I wish our times matched up better after summer came to a close, but sleep became more important on my end. Keep kicking ass.

Tralgdar - I do not know how you can stomach being the punching bag for CF, but I admire your perseverance. I cannot stand being considered a regear mob by half the mud, but you seem to handle being a ghost very well. I pray the imms will smile upon you.

121874, Take care!
Posted by Rylium on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks! Appreciate the kind words.. Was thinking I was the same too in regards to you, since you were evil and did not say much to me.. Which I assumed was just your way of things. Hearing a lot of positive things from the rest that I could not ignore.. Right when I was set to just leave you as you were, you'd do something yet again to impress.. :)

Sorry for that death where you lost your weapon, however if I recall Foedett's trap had blinded and left me bleeding/everything else that his things do.. they were stuck for a few "hours" and I was forced to make a retreat in the midst of all the fighting that was going on. He definitely did live up to his title and made things hard to accomplish, either way I wish I could have done more for you as I know how rough it is for APs to lose their "precious".

I really did admire all the commitments you gave to the cabal, even at the most bleak of times where many would have just deleted or left.. that is what I enjoy seeing and playing, also try to be the same in my times online. Thinking we all know that frustrations do get in the way but overall, very well done and hope things clear up for ya at some point. Was a bit disappointing to see, however RL does happen.

R.
121876, Uhm, Thanks?
Posted by Tralgdar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tralgdar - I do not know how you can stomach being the punching bag for CF, but I admire your perseverance.

Long years of practice and leader con.

I cannot stand being considered a regear mob by half the mud, but you seem to handle being a ghost very well.

The half that looks at me that way knows they can get better stuff by typing outfit, so not that big of a deal.

I pray the imms will smile upon you.

I think it is more of a chuckle, than a smile.

Anyway, I enjoyed our interactions and it was nice to have another long lived ap around so I could say to myself "At least I have more controls than that guy."

Thanks for showing me the one thing.

121877, You forgot another screw-up
Posted by Mayalranger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
of when you tried to sleep me on the river in Hamsah, on the protected part of it. That was pretty bad and I'm surprised an immortal didn't bust you down a notch for it.

I didn't care IC or OOC. IC because hey, I'm evil and don't give a rip about Tribunal or its laws, and OOC because nothing bad happened, you failed the sleep and I ran off bemused.

You were a decent adversary over a few incarnations, albeit overly cautious. Which I totally understand, a-p and all.
121892, Figures I made another mistake.
I was probably on duty 375 of his 450 hours. Three errant attacks is not good, but given the potential for error if your character is trying to be more offensive against enemies that are constantly playing hit and run, and I think I showed an uncommon amount of self-restraint.

I definitely enjoy the freedom of playing non-orderly players more than having my hands tied down by obeying laws. Playing a tribunal is a stretch for me.
121878, RE: Goodbye
Posted by Quiys on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's Quiys not Quim, oh well....

A fun enemy to have! I was looking forward to future talks, especially after the time you got me in Arkham. Given how you knocked me around, it made the kill in Akan that much sweeter.

Sorry to see you go, I kind of figured the thing in Galadon was a typo or something, I hoped you would roll with it and we'd get to see you turn a little bit as a result.

GLWYN
121882, Oh, that lash was for me?!?
Posted by Kessalissasil Lunderwhistle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really had no idea. When I worded, It just looked like you were killing Q-guy... or Q-guy was killing you. I had half a mind to come back and help him kill you, or you kill him, but the balance was, well, balanced, so you had to just kill each other instead.

Sorry that trying to kill me made you kill yourself, sometimes that happens. From what I could tell, your character was killing it. You made a killing in Tribunal, and you killed a lot of folks! Sorry you got killed a the tree and lost your super weapon, and didn't get a chance to kill Rylium.

I hope you had fun and kill it with your next!

And yes, yes, that's 13.

121886, RE: Goodbye
Posted by Regrag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was pullin for you all the way guy, I knew loosing that weapon was an axe to your skull and was always looking for a decent weapon for you to fall in love with again. The cleave on the commander was awesome considering a few minutes before that you told him that was the only way you could kill him. Then while you were in the vindicator hall and he though he had us BAM. I wish I would ahve got to see it inperson instead of walkin in on two halves of a corpse Well done. and hope to see yeh again sometime. Ordah and Protection brotha
121893, RE: Goodbye
Posted by Dolindar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a fun conundrum for Dolindar. Man it made me mad those two times I forgot to turn off eyes before running from someone else straight smack into you at the edge of a town. The couple of times we fought I liked, I think if you had stuck it to hero, you would have noticed at least a bit of difference. but yeah, being stuck at fire control against a Maran Dwarf Monk is tough. I did like you, even though you may not have thought of it that way. Hope to see you back in the fields...

Role something you'll have fun with.
121894, APs may be my favorite class,
but during the school year, I need something less prep-intensive and supports a more casual playstyle than APs.

Dolindar was a great foe, but a terrible matchup for me. And given how often I saw Tralgdar as a ghost, I don't think a few more levels would have made much of a difference.
121897, RE: Goodbye
Posted by Trakmar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a completely different view than what you described...

Whenever I saw you online I was like: Everything is going to be quiet because none will dare mess with us while Eletar is there.

You always looked like a badass, don't know if it was the roleplay or simply seeing a high level fire ap. But yeah, always looked cool in my eyes.

If I saw something like that I am sure other did as well so congratulations on that, hope you have a lot of fun with your next.

Trakmar
121898, Oh no.
Posted by Tymos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was hoping you'd be moving back up the ladder, so I'm bummed to see this.

I haven't been able to put in as much time with this character as I would like, but you have definitely been a solid presence in the Spire for as long as I can remember.

GLWYN
121903, Bad timing
Posted by Aurtu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I seriously had the worst timing ever with protective shield against you. Nice job on our fights. I also really enjoyed our dialogue and was looking forward to the day when you would come over to the Temple.

Good luck with your next, and thank you for making such an enjoyable character to be around.
121908, My favorite friend/foe.
Quarrissa spoke to me often on the philosophy of the cult, but it was seeing you do your thing that really won me over, even though cult powers wouldn't do anything to have helped me against my biggest foes.

In our first battle, it was just luck that I caught you without protective shield, but in our subsequent battles, I gauged how long you had on your protective shield before I engaged you and timed our fight accordingly.

Great character, and thanks for our conversations and conflict. I absolutely liked that there was this bizarre relationship we had. You brought fun with every login we shared.
121914, If you RP better, you'll like it more
Posted by Nuerria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, generally alright interactions, but I think your RP could improve. Your "I want ranking so you should suicide" whine and your "Gimme me whip back or I'll delete" whine were almost completely OOC. I usually liked our interactions though and don't think it was a bad char, just two sour grapes.
121918, Low point
No idea what you are talking about with the ranking bit, but you are right about my reaction to dying to your group. That was a low point, and after that I avoided talking to you for my shame.

You had asked what I would do, and so I told you. I was ticked about dying, about several IC developments, about losing my unholy, but even more about losing several pieces of gear and several weapons. I am not a person who feels comfortable begging people for help getting armor or weapons, and so a heavy loot does take me a while to recover from. That's on me, not you, but it isn't something my characters can easily rebound from. I should not play character classes that are highly gear dependent.

Thank you for pointing out this growth area, and I will hope that our future encounters will not contain moments that will ruin a long-lived a character for you.
121926, RE: Low point
I suggest trying a race that you have to put a speech change into. Dwarf and felar are great for this. The reason I say do this is because you will be forced to think about what to say, and normally it stops you from saying things without thinking them through first. Also, when I die, the first thing that goes through my head is "Ok, breathe and prepare to get nothing back" this helps me be calm when I return to a full or a BIG take from my corpse, and it makes me be happier when I do get back and everything is there.
121920, RE: Goodbye
Posted by Hrakesh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, I liked Eletar. But man you should have gotten some Imperials and ranked to hero already! Once you hit 43 there is just no looking back.

I really thought we had the commander by the Island that one time but sadly no. I imagine your weapon would have exploded with charges had we succeeded.

Best of luck with your next!