Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Llaryin Fiveborn the Grand Mistress of Artistry
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=121758
121758, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Llaryin Fiveborn the Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Aug 20 22:46:04 2014

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Llaryin perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:300
121764, a fun ride
Posted by silat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So Llaryin was my third hero now, and a departure from the first two in a few ways. Bard was prep intensive, and so I had a lot to learn (thanks to all the people who helped here). Generally, I was only really using aura+random protection. I sometimes also had stoneskin and shield or random super secret preps. Being more cautious, I think I managed to finish with more PK wins than losses, for the first time. I also wanted to hit 50, but I don't think that happened in the end.

I had a blast for a long time as Llaryin, although I couldn't see her to con death after 300 hours. I logged in one day and saw that I had lost some gear to anti-hording code, which was a pretty clear sign that my interest in her had waned.

I found bard to be really tough when paired with a competent partner, although I did land a number of solo kills. Bard edges were fantastic, and fully prepped, I didn't hesitate to take on imperials 2v1 or worse. Of course, this led to to things like fighting Jarlduz and Niji, killing J. and leaving everything, only to take a full loot 24 hours later when I pushed the palace against Niji. I don't need to say anything else about him other than the fact that I completely despised the character and player (whoever that is) for his constant OOC rants and stupid full loot war. I hope to never have to interact with him again.

Goodbyes...I'm going to forget people, I"m sure.

--Outlander-lots of people in my time, and for a while there, we held the codex + scales around the clock.

Hughli - What a beast! Showed me all over the place, you were like a big sister. Fighting together we were pretty near unstoppable.
Yegrut - I can't believe you outlived me, you hoary old bastard. Like you said, we never did get to talk all that much.
Koom - Llaryin was in a bad place when you decided to jump me. We hadn't really talked ever, so I had never figured out how to interpret all your cryptic comments in previous logins. I kind of figured you were just being a weird priest, but it all made sense after. It did keep things interesting, although inter-cabal fighting is really hard as a bard, trying to constantly toggle trust and not hit the wrong people. I was trying to balance her sense of rage and desire to be a good Outtie.
Sivane, Azzael, Yara...all super competent and fun to be with

--Empire--
Jarlduz, a truckasaurus. Seems like you're holding down the Emperor spot well too. I enjoyed our fights, they always seemed back and forth. Of course, if I didn't have a staff of return, that entwine could (and did) have the capability of going south real fast.
Tralgdar - Ballsy player, if borderline suicidal at times. A solid presence and always willing to stick it out through tough logins.
Ashmon - Probably my all-time favorite enemy for our chats, even if our fights never seemed to go anywhere. Smooth operator, glad to see you snag the High Priest spot.
Nizrili - Ouch. You had my number, that's for sure. Cool character.

--Tribunal--
Elasia - The one trib over Llaryin's life that was truly scary. I underestimated you a couple times and pretty quickly ended up dead. I think the worst was when I "jumped" you in the villages near Arkham. Didn't prep nearly enough, and a second later I was trapped in a cursed room with one exit and you on the other side. I think it was your retrieval shortly afterward that earned you Vindicator, which was well deserved. Against any other trib I was willing to charge into the cities to get some action, but you made me think twice about that.
Rylium - Constant, solid presence, even if you rarely were willing to fight outside the cities.

Anyway, sorry to those I forgot, and thanks to everyone for the good times. I rolled my next a while ago, which is why my playtimes dropped off so much.

Llaryin (previously Frijer and Chaille)
121765, Well..
Posted by Niji on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wouldn't say OOC so much as I often referenced that there were 4 Outlanders during my time with this character who had 'multiple spirits living inside them' and I would say things like there is something in the water over there that makes you all the same and just how chaotic is it to all conform like that. It's just a really popular 'unique' role concept that everyone seems to do for Outlander.

Basically anyone that ever full loot/sac'd me got executive orders that the same be done to them indefinitely. You fell in this category.

My PBF said I could dish it out but couldn't take it, but its pretty much the opposite of that. I had no problems regearing. You just type get all corpse;wear all after you gang someone or see an enemy corpse.

I think it's a pretty good policy that will discourage douchebaggery, it's why I put it in and will do it again.
121769, RE: Well..
It's amusing that I say "OOC" and you know immediately one of the many times your bitching crossed the line. I never had any desire to talk to you, but you kept up your #### constantly.

I certainly looted you when I could upgrade from it, there's no doubt there. I expected to get looted heavily the couple of times I died with a really good set. What was completely BS was the time when 3 of you left me naked in the Imperial Lands and, literally as soon as I unghosted, you used imperial spies on me, ganged me again, and took the couple of pieces I had managed to gather in the meantime.

You want to talk about douchebaggery? Literally the worst character I've ever interacted with, and I like pretty much everyone.
121767, RE: a fun ride
Posted by Tralgdar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good interactions for the most part and our oh how the tables have turned conversations were pretty amusing.

However my strongest memory of this character was your botched full loot retaliation(against Empire, not me personally) attempt. The only reason I even knew you tried, was the stuff I was missing made no sense. I think you took something like a canteen, a flight potion, and snow worm shield, but he left pretty much everything else. I think it was the most I have laughed during this incarnation.

GLWYN
121768, RE: a fun ride
If I recall, there were some tribunals around Galadon there and I was low enough that I didn't want to stick around. The "full loot" there was more for show anyway, although you were one of 3 who completely full'd me in Noveil (which was a newbie moment for me, since I didn't realize that the Oasis I was standing in was *not* cursed. I also didn't prep flight or aura so...*bonk*)

Anyway, I was looking at the crap I grabbed and you sent me that tell and I also started laughing.
121772, Well this brings back memories.
Posted by Recollecting on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a wood-elf bard as my third or fourth hero several years ago before i stopped playing.

It sure can be fun so long as you have the fetish.

Still like you, i learned so much about preps(now i mostly forgot them all). Of course in outlander, every death means you have to go around looking for those same preps making it tedious. Not to mention whenever you die, people always take your instrument. Always, always, always...

However, logging in without the fetish sucked so bad back then and there was often no one in the cabal to help retrieve. Not to mention most often you'd be facing a small gang anyways and most of then were already looking to pounce on you before you even got close to their cabal. If you aren't a ranger/transmuter, your options are basically get ganged down, hide somewhere utterly remote twiddling your thumbs (much fun), or log out (and for some people log into your alt which often made the gangs bigger if you asked me.)

In retrospect I suppose it is the price you pay for so much awesome utility and power. Camo/deathtrap/sleep/scrolls/fiend so many option and with preps you feel invincible sometimes. I mean I had almost no kills with my other heros before i played my wood-elf bard, but then again i really suck at pking. Outlander is such a fantastic cabal too, and a lot of fun but I don't think i would play a character in it again without built way to avoid enemies when you ultimately lose the fetish. Either that or have another alt ready to go just to relax when things get too ridiculous.

Coming back I've found that if you play a class/combo that doesn't require any specific items to live a happy life its much less frustrating even if you find yourself being full looted.

Anyways good luck with your next.

121773, I enjoyed the banter as well
Posted by Ashmon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But it was very frustrating to fight you. Especially if you had a buddy. How I hated cold be sleep.

I saved up for some anti bard edges, but I didn't really get to use the last ones. I hope another bard will come along, though I doubt I will see another with Llaryin's charm.

GLWYN.
121761, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Llaryin Fiveborn the Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Yegrut on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you deleted, you were always a solid constant prescense and Yegrut considered you to be a friend though we never really had the opportunity to sit down and speak much but always a comfort to have you around.

GLWYN